The Westin Boston Waterfront
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$227
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$257
  • Bar/Lounge
US$394
US$333
  • Restaurant
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$242
2,807 results
All reviewsconvention centercomedy clubsilver lineirish pubheavenly bedcity barboston waterfrontattending a conferencesouth stationthe world trade centerclose to the airportcab ridelarge hotellogan airportrestaurants and barsconcierge deskpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed here for one night because I had heard such good things about this hotel. There wasn't anything going on at the convention center, so it was quiet and I got a good price.

The rooms are larger, really comfy bed, fantastic bathroom with a rain head shower. The staff was friendly. I had a room on the back side of the hotel, which doesn't overlook the skyline. But if you like watching airplanes, this is a fantastic place to watch the jets landing on runway 4/22.

So why not 5 stars? Well, for one you pay $18.95 for Internet, and $35 for parking. The big problem though is that they don't have ANY vending machines on site, the gift shop closes early, and the restaurant charges you $2.75 for a 9oz plastic cup of soda! The nearest convenience store is a good 15 minute walk away.

The hotel is in a good location for the convention center or World Trade Center, and is on the Silver Line route to the airport, but otherwise you have to take the Silver Line to South Station, then the red line to whatever other transit line you need. There are a couple of restaurants located down near the World Trade Center, but plan on using transit to see anything else in the city. On the other hand, that also means you don't have to deal with inner city traffic if you are driving.

Room Tip: If you like watching planes, ask for an east facing high floor room. Great views of the approach.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Donna F, Executive Assistant at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the first four nights of our honeymoon in the US and had a great time. Within less than ten minutes of checking into our room we had a knock at the door and a bottle of complimentary champagne from the hotel, which was a great start to our trip!

Having read some of the reviews on here I was a little worried about the location - but had no need to be. It was super easy to walk into the city (no more than 15minutes) and the hotel staff gave us some great suggestions on things to do and places to visit. The city tour trolley stops right outside the hotel which is really convenient for the days when you're too tired to walk or want to head a little further out of town - to places like Fenway Park and Harvard Square.

I'd definitely stay here if you want great rooms, good service and a good base to explore the city.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I was happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us during the first few days of your honeymoon. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed her one night Dec 13th with my wife. The hotel is located in South Boston in the Seaport District. This area is a very lively place now with many resturaunts and bars and other hotels winthin walking distance. The hotel is easily assessible with public transportation from the airport or South Staation if you are taking the train into Boston by taking the Silver line "t" to the World Trade Center exit. The hotel is located a 2-3minutes walk from this stop.

I stayed at this hotel numerous times and it is a well run hotel. It is relatively new with a nice open Lobby with sitting areas as well as a Starbucks, Irish Bar and hotel resturaunt. Checking was easy since there was no line. I checked in around 2pm and asked for an upgrade to suite. They had one but it was being cleaned so I dropped by bag off and went back to work and my wife checked in around 6pm. Checkin was friendly to both wife and myself. We had been upgraded to a nice Harbor Front Suite with a seperate bedroom and living/dining room. There was 2 full baths and city and harbor views. A nice Westin bed, nice decor and well kept room.
My wfie ordered room service it was prompt and very good. She had the Salmon,veggies, and a salad.

The hotel is located directly next to the Boston Convention Center and within a 5 minute walk to the Harbor and all the bars and rest. located along the harbor. If you wanted to wak to downtown Boston and the Finanical district its prob. a 10-15 min depending o=how fast you walk.
Overall a very nice hotel, nice staff, great rooms and service and excellent location if you want to be in the Seaport area of Boston.

Please let me know if you have any questions

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting your review. I was delighted we were able to meet your expectations and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to our great city!!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I always enjoy my stay at a Westin hotel because the rooms are always beautiful & clean. What I noticed about this hotel more than any other large hotel was the way the staff behaved. From the doorman who met my cab to the housekeeping lady that brought me a curling iron, they were so helpful, friendly and seemed to take great pride in making guests as comfortable as possible. The gentleman who checked me in was super helpful in getting me a better room than I had originally booked. I even got lost once and ran into a maintenance guy who was hugely kind and helpful. I was just so impressed with the people that it took my stay from enjoyable to incredible. Kudos to an amazing group of people who make it a pleasure to interact with them!!

Room Tip: The workout rooms are really cool if you can get one. Yeehaw!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CAgurlTO

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review and for recognizing our hardworking staff. We take great pride in providing outstanding customer service at all times and your comments serve to show what a fabulous team we have here at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I hope you will consider staying with us on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have been at this hotel twice, one in the summer 2013 and fall 2013. Overall the hotel has everything you need for a stay where you have transportation. The hotel is adequate, but it is in the middle of nowhere. There are not many choices for meals, you have to move to the waterfront area downtown it is a nice 15 minute walk. It is ok if you are on vacation but if its buisiness it is not very accesible unless you are attending something at the conference center. The starbucks on the premises is probably the worst I have tasted, the coffee and the food were really bad. I did not try the hotel restaurant. The breakfast is extremely high priced.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Trip Advisor is a wonderful tool for people to voice their opinions and we certainly appreciate your feedback since it will allow us to improve upon our services where necessary.