“Great service! ”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #40 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and all the employees went above and beyond my expectations. Specifically, the concierge made my transportation plans to my next destination while my luggage was moved outside. They made traveling with little time to spare extremely easy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I'm very happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and you found the service to be top-notch...I couldn't agree more, we have some of the best associates in the City of Boston.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you should your future travel plans take you back to Boston.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Boston Waterfront

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Westin Waterfront Hotel next to the Boston Convention Center. I was there for four nights to attend a conference next door at the convention center. The first evening I received a voice mail from the Concierge advising of a regular run the next day. I joined this group of runners led by two Westin Running concierge team members. I ran with Mark. He showed our group the best parts of the city within a reasonable running distance with great local information and informing us of any potential hazards on the roadways for our safety. The run concluded with a bottle of water and dry towel. It was a great experience that was followed up by a thank you note by Mark later that day. I also received terrific service from Lois. She managed to make my meeting room requests possible at the last minute making my meeting successful in front of my business clients. The room was excellent as expected but the overall service experience was exceptional. Thanks Mark and Lois!

2  Thank Jack M

Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. Your comments about the staff and service are greatly appreciated. We believe we have some of the best staff in Boston, and that the service that they provide truly differentiates us from the competition and Mark and Lois are no exception. I'll certainly pass this along to them.

Again, thank you for your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

'Waterfront' is the district, the hotel is not exactly on the waterfront so don't expect a view of anything blue or watery unless you crane your neck past the convention centre (or get a room on the airport side as some suggest). It's a short taxi ride rom the airport at around $20 plus tip so aim for $25.
Room on 5th floor: fridge but no minibar, programmable safe, TV worked fine, bed was large firm and very comfortable. Room service available for in room dining though the small print regarding tax and service charges leant a vagueness to the actual price of a meal - not a problem if on expenses of course. Bathroom spotlessly clean but actually quite small and basic with scant amount of toiletries (people in corridor continually asking service staff for more) and there's a water boiler for coffee and tea in the room - very stingy portions. Full Size iron and ironing board in room. Room size adequate to accommodate one arm chair by the bedside all of which suggests the place is focussed on the travelling businessman rather than couples and families.
That said, two people with or without kids can expect a pleasant stay with fitness centre and pool facilities on site, sportswear to hire for $5, a buzzy bar/ restaurant and even stand up comedy club next door. I found the concierge helpful beyond the call of duty. For people used to walking, it's a short stroll across the road to the world trade centre and more restaurants, shops and actual waterfront which all felt quite safe or walk a bit further and you're in the heart of the financial district in say 20 minutes. It's also an easy walk (straight line north past the front of the convention centre) to South Station for rail connections.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I am delighted that you had an opportunity to stay with us and enjoyed our many amenities while here.

Thank you again for choosing the Westin Boston Waterfront, and we look forward to welcoming you back should your future travels take you back to the Boston area.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Attended a conference at the convention center which made life easy. Connected to the CC by walkway keeps you out of the elements and saves waiting for a shuttle.

My room was in great shape including having a fridge in the room. Wish they had left water from day one instead of only the last day.

Easy walking distance to lots of good restaurants along the waterfront. Barking crab, legal seafood, and No Name restaurant were all good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review following your recent stay here at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I also want to thank you for pointing out all our neighborhood has to offer, from restaurants to attractions.

Thank you again for your positive review and do hope you have the opportunity to join us again should your travels take you back to Boston.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

While this is a large property attached to a conference center, I still felt as though I received great service and had a good stay.

Positives:
- Friendly staff, easy check-in, personal service. For example, I asked if the hotel lent umbrellas and, without hesitation, the front desk gentleman produced one. And I didn't have to sign my life away to borrow it. Cheers for having the umbrella and for not making the process onerous.
- Standard Westin amenities, bed, linens, and shower did not disappoint. There is nothing quiet like a Westin heavenly bed or shower!
- The price was competitive with others within the area
- Walking distance to the seaport, attached to the conference center (if that is your goal).
- Starbucks inside and Dunkin Donuts less than five minute walk away
- Attached and in-hotel restaurants were decent. Had a good salad and entree at lunch time, albeit it was standardly overpriced, but that is the way of hotel restaurants. Good service, very nice server.
- AWESOME gym. AWESOME. Pick this facility if you care a lot about your gym while away.
- Great staff, particularly the bellmen/outdoor

Negatives:
- Facility is big
- Rooms average sized, nothing special, but consistent with Westin experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be helpful and accommodating.

I'm also delighted to hear you enjoyed our Westin Workout facility while you were here. At Westin, we want you to leave feeling better than when you arrived, and we're glad our guests are enjoying staying fit at our facilities.

Again, thank you for your positive review of The Westin Boston Waterfront and we hope to welcome you back should your travels take you back to Boston.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel is nice although rooms have some wear and tear. The desk chair in my suite was ripped. My sunblock shade didn't work. I was a little underwhelmed on the quality. For the $$, I don't think it lines up, but the amenities help make up for the room quality.

Positives: Starbucks in the lobby, gym was really nice (get there early), bonus with rooms that include exercise gear, running concierge that will take you on a run around Boston, food was really good in our meetings. People loved the snack ideas in particular with a "milk and cookies" theme where we literally gave them milk and cookies plus full size candy bars. It rocked. Overall though several people commented on how good the food was. Location is also good - in walking distance to nice restaurants like Legal Test Kitchen and bars like Whiskey's. All in about 10 minutes.

Negatives: Meeting staff we had worked with had the day off on day 2 of our meetings and never told us in advance. We had an issue with no Wi-Fi and had no contact. Ended up having to go to the business office to have them set everything up again. We had a dinner at MJ O'Connors. Again, food was good, but service was terrible. They cannot handle a party of 35 people no matter what they say. It took 2 hours for people to be served dinner with a pre-order. And with a pre-order, they still went around to each person to take orders for salads and dinner. Made zero sense.

Room Tip: High up and ask for a city view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay with us at The Westin Boston Waterfront.

You mentioned the desk chair in the guest room being a bit worn and we could not agree with you more! We are in the process of working out logistics to have them all replaced and should have that done by the end of the summer...it will certainly make a big difference in the overall quality of a very clean room.

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed the breaks during the meetings, and had time to explore the WestinWorkout and eat at Starbucks. I'd have to agree we're in a great neighborhood with many restaurants and attractions close by.

I'm surpised to hear about the event issues, and would like the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. I can be reached at michael.jorgensen@westin.com and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spent 2 nights at the property over this last week, checked in on Thursday and checked out on Saturday morning. We found the hotel to be very overpriced for what it is and they charge for every conceivable extra that you can think of.

We requested a room on the higher floors of the hotel, which we were given, however it had a limited view of the city which was the whole reason for our request.

We were charged $80 for wireless internet in the room and $70 for car parking none of which was mentioned when we checked in.

As per other reviews we experienced the fire alarm issue and there did to seem to be any real control of the situation other than an automated voice activated alarm that told us that if we heard a second message directly after the first then we had to evacuate, this seemed to be a very confusing situation as you can imagine at 1am in the morning to be awoken by this type of noise was quite distressing. We also were not offered any explanation as to why it had happened and could only surmise on this.

To top off our stay on the Saturday 100's of people descended upon the hotel for a convention on the Walking Dead series (Zombie TV Series), whilst some of these people went to great efforts to dress up which is applaudable, seeing hundreds of zombies taking over the hotel was not what was expected or informed to us by the hotel.

Overall not a great stay for something we had been really looking forward to as a Climax to our trip to Boston and New England. A two night stay cost us almost US$800, with only breakfast provided.

We will probably not look to stay at this hotel again if we do ever visit Boston.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lianneandralph
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay and I apologize for the disruption due to the fire alarm. While we do take every precaution to avoid false alarms, occasionally it does happen, but a sufficient explanation should have been offered. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you further about your experience. If you have a moment, please contact me at michael.jorgensen@westin.com. I look forward to connecting with you.