“Very VERY pricey, average Westin stay - comfortable.”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #38 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It is all about location here. I took an Uber Black Car in and 3 doorman chatting away stared at me as I got out and went to check in. Not even a "hello".

Check in was just fine, and the view was ok. The room was comfortable but WiFi is extortion and unless you are a Starwoods Platinum expect to pay, even for an 800 call.

The rooms are a bit beat up, but you would expect that for a convention center hotel. Bottom line, if you are going to a convention - great - staff is very attentive (the exception being the guys out front who were rude in and out for me), otherwise, pass - you have better, and less expensive service oriented choices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I was surprised to read your comments about your arrival and would like to offer my apologies. That is certainly not the experience we want any of our guests to have, and this is something I'll address personally with our Director of Front Office.

You mentioned our WiFi pricing...we do a competitive pricing review every six months and we are not the least expensive and not the most expensive, really right about in the middle. It is in line with our competitive hotels in the area. We do offer complimentary wireless in our lobby, and offer guests many comfortable seating areas within that space.

Thank you again, for taking the time to share your comments with us, it is through this feedback that we can only improve our service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Boston Waterfront should your travels bring you back to the Boston area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,717)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed for two nights. Very big hotel with lots of activity. Staff were everywhere to help. They were all very professional. Rooms were nice size. Bed was cozy and comfortable. Even pillows were great. Full size. No square little flat things. It's not actually waterfront, but so many places were walkable. The trolley stopped right outfront which made it convenient to get to other places. Restaurant was a bit pricey, but there was also an irish pub on the premises along with a Starbucks. Right next door to the Convention Center. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review of The Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay. Your comments about the staff and service are greatly appreciated, and I'm delighted to hear you were able to enjoy our onsite restaurants as well as the local area.

Thank you again for choosing The Westin Boston Waterfront and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels take you back to the Boston area.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for convention, not a positive experience. Gave me a terrible room with no view, rude staff and misled me on check in. Talked me in to some "green option" which really means they will ignore you for your entire stay. Was told I would get fresh towels and water, never happened. Said room would be serviced every 3 days. You would think that would mean you would get serviced on the third day. No, they come in on the fourth day, which should be called being serviced every fourth day. This is what I get for cheating on Marriott I guess.

3  Thank Todd M
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I'm disappointed to hear your check-in and housekeeping experiences were not up to par, although I'm surprised about the information given at the front desk, as our associates are aware of the Make A Green Choice Program so I apologize for the confusion. This is something I'll certainly address with our Director of Front Office.

My apologies as well for the confusion regarding the days associated with the Make A Green Choice Program. If guests would like to opt-out of the program at any time, they are welcome to call our Service Express team to make the change.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. If you have a moment, please contact me at michael.jorgensen@westin.com. I look forward to connecting with you.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

As one would expect from a hotel situated so close to a convention center, the Westin Waterfront offers overpriced accommodations that are blissfully ignored on corporate expense accounts. Location IS the key here, as being so close to one's conference is invaluable when traveling on business.

The lobby and accompanying bar and restaurant are amenable and appropriately busy. The food at their restaurant (Sauciety) is forgettable, recommended only for those trapped by weather or other circumstances: far better venues are available within walking distance or a short cab ride).

The rooms are remarkably dull and undistinguished. Your typical Crown Plaza or Holiday Inn provides the same accommodations for a far lower price. Wi-Fi is available for an insulting fee of $8.95/hr (for basic service!)...

The staff is friendly and the concierge was very knowledgeable. Parking is available, for a fee.

Room Tip: The rooms are largely indistinguishable for one to the next. Unless your corporate expense account i...
1  Thank mthom100

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be helpful and accommodating.

While there is a fee to access the wireless internet in guest rooms, we do offer complimentary internet access in our lobby 24 hours a day, and welcome guests to settle down at one of the work stations or comfortable chairs to browse the web.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you should your future travels take you to Boston.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here one night and sadly it was only one night. This is a big and lovely brand-new hotel. We were on the top floor which offered a nice view of the city. The rooms are spacious and clean. The bed is out of this world comfortable. The staff was very professional. The only drawback would be the location. I was here for an event being held at the hotel so it worked for me. But if you are in town to see Boston then this is a bit far from where you probably want to be.

One odd note, my reservation was under my husband's name but I arrived before he did. The desk clerk wouldn't allow me to check-in without first speaking with my husband on the phone. I guess being a convention hotel might be there reason for extra caution. It all worked out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent visit to Boston. I also want to thank you for pointing out all that we offer within the hotel. We are glad you were able to enjoy many of the amenities we offer.

Once again thank you for your comments, and I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 night before getting on cruise ship - Nice, Clean and very friendly hotel!!! Breakfast buffet was expensive but then most hotels buffets are!.
Took the "Silver Line" from the airport to the hotel....FREE!!! Also easy to take subway to tourist area, Freedom Trail, etc...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I am very happy that you had a chance to stay with us, and delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable time. I hope you had a great time on your cruise. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The room was clean and all the employees went above and beyond my expectations. Specifically, the concierge made my transportation plans to my next destination while my luggage was moved outside. They made traveling with little time to spare extremely easy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of the Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay here. I'm very happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and you found the service to be top-notch...I couldn't agree more, we have some of the best associates in the City of Boston.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you should your future travel plans take you back to Boston.