“Super Super Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton, Canada
“Super Super Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I was at the Westin for a conference and the beds were super comfortable. Ofcourse, like most hostels, the price range is towards the top but regardless my experience was very good. The only problem was that there was no free-wifi in the hotel other than in the lobby which can be a problem for people who are travelling for a business trip and need to connect back. Regardless, super comfortable and good locaton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ShubhamShan
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Westin Boston Waterfront. We are delighted that you were able to spend a little time with us during your recent trip. Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I had a GREAT stay here!

Pros:
- Seriously, the most comfortable bed: soft, plush, high-quality sheets and thick and heavy (but not hot) duvet
- Complimentary teas and coffee in room
- super comfy robe hung in the bathroom
- good supply of toiletries
- great view of the city
- walking distance (about a mile) from the train and bus station
- helpful curbside staff for cabs
- easy parking system
- great ambiance in the lobby with a bar and plenty of seating for business meetups
- Starbucks in the lobby
-refrigerator in room

Cons:
- no free breakfast, but option for a breakfast buffet

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of The Westin Boston Waterfront following your recent stay with here. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay, and so happy to hear you had the opportunity to experience some of our amenities..I'd have to agree the bed is incredibly comfortable, and certainly affords a great night's sleep!

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Boston Waterfront should your travels bring you back to the Boston area.
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed 5 nights for a conference. There is nothing I can fault with this hotel and their staff. Nothing was a problem, no issue to big and everyone so happy and eager to please. My room was always well cleaned. The bed are the best, I slept better than at home! Great facilities on site for everything you need eg: business centre, Starbucks, restaurant, bar etc. I was able to check in and my room was available at 7am! You can hire gym gear and the trainers (shoes) are very comfortable. The staff were amazing. Special thanks to Mike who was very helpful. Extra special thanks to the guys who looked after my luggage, they are great! = Aziz, Hassan & Mehdi! Hotel is very close to trains and walking distance to the harbour. The lobby was beautiful and a great place to just relax and meet up with others. Definitely recommend to other!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank elisabeth_on_the_go
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront...I was very pleased to see that we met or exceeded your expectations in most if not all areas of the hotel. We are very proud of all the staff at the hotel and Aziz, Hassan & Mehdi are no exception! They truly loeve what they do and are 100% guest driven which is remarkable in this day and age...

In any event I am happy to see that your conference was a success and that you enjoyed yourself while you were here...please come back soo. We would love to have you....
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Even though there is no van, this is a great place to stay to catch a flight from Logan. My experience with some of the on-airport hotels is that the rooms are nicer, the food is better and there is less noise at the Westin Waterfront Boston. I live fairly far from Logan -- a good hour if there is no traffic, up to 2 1/2 hours if there is on the Expressway -- so I often stay at this hotel if I have an early morning flight to catch. Taxis are out front at any hour. My experience at this hotel has been uniformly good.

If you are attending something at the Convention Center, it is within easy walking distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Book well in advance, if possible. Also, try to get a room facing the harbor.
Green Features: Standard Westin practices that are good if you are there for more than one night. I have never had the opportunity to take advantage of them.
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your comments about your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront...you are so right about the conveneice to the airport...in fact if you are lucky enough to get a room facing the harbor, often times you can see the planes taking off and landing in the distance.

Once again thank you for you comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

The big first impression was that they let me check in at 11 am. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! That small courtesy made my day and my business trip so much better. I had an early afternoon business meeting and was able to get a quick shower and freshen up before the meeting.

The Westin is a convention hotel through and through. It has a Starbucks in the hotel and a Dunkin Donuts about a 10 minute walk away. The waterfront is also a 10 minute walk and there are plenty of food choices both at the hotel and in the Waterfront. The south station is about a 15 minute walk down Summers Ave. I did it with a roller board but may not be inclined to do that in the winter. The airport is as simple as a 5 minute walk to the Silver Line which is actually an electric/diesel bus.

All in all, this is an excellent, well run facility with very helpful staff, modern amenities, and a fairly good set of surroundings. The early check in made my stay at just the right moment. I recommend!

1 Thank Kim K
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront...I am delighted that you were able to spend some time with us and equally delighted that we were able to get you checked in prior to check in time.

Once again thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back should your plans take you back to Boston....
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel for the American Dance Awards for 8 days.
Martha was part of our cleaning staff on the floor! She always smiled and spoke to us and asked if she could get anything for us. She said she wanted to make sure we were happy and had a great stay! I've never had the cleaning staff make such an effort to make a guest feel so welcome. She definitely deserves some recognition and I hope her boss reads this! Thanks so much Martha!!!!

The hotel was a 5 min walk to the subway,15- 20 min walk to the aquarium, Faneuil Hall and the harbour. The beds were very comfortable and the room was great with a great rain shower! The hotel overall was good. They had Starbucks coffee in the rooms as well as one in the hotel. The concierge was very helpful.

I parked in the parking lot attached to the hotel. At $35 a night I thought there were cameras in the lot and my car was secure. Someone hit my car in self park badly. Beware there are no cameras and the hotel takes no responsibility because it's a public lot-even though it looks like its part of the hotel. I was going to have to pay the $300 in parking because I self parked. After some discussion they agreed to remove the parking from my bill which I appreciated. You may want to consider the extra $10 a night for valet parking to avoid this possibility!

Room Tip: 12th floor is for members I believe and has perks
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Sash0660
Thank you so much for your comments following your recent stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront! We are delighted that you were able to spend a little time with us.

I cant agree with you more about Martha. In fact we are very proud of the entire staff and the efforts they put in towards customer service and Martha is not exeption. She is truly a gem that we are lucky to have.

I also agree with you on the location, which is getting better and better each day with all the development of restruarants and things to do in the waterfront area.

I am also sorry to hear about the damage you encountered with your car in our leased parking area. Having said that I am also glad that were able in some small way to make it less painful. Your suggestion of valet parking is a good one, but I am not aware of many dings that occut in self park either.

Once again thank you for your honest comments and we hope to welcome you back to the Westin Boston Waterfront soon.
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Westin Hotels are generally pretty good. This one is only 5 years old but there a few things that should have been designed better. I spent a week in room 1513. It has a great view, frig, comfy king bed, flat screen withgood cable selections, excellent a/c and a great shower.

But, both bathroom sink faucets leak at the handles, water pressure at the sink is very weak while pressure in the shower is more than fine. The room is in a high traffic area. You can hear conversations in the room next door---between the interconnecting doors---as well as any help noise including kids running on this floor and the one above. If these problems were fixed, I would be glad to give this hotel a higher rating.

The hotel is conveniently located near T line stop. Free airport bus to get here and $2.50 to go back. Some restaurants are within walking distance but MJ O'Conners has good food in the hotel which can be also ordered to take away. Wifi is also free and reception is good. Lighting is adequate but it would be helpful to have a night light to find the bathroom rather than feeling around in the dark to avoid waking up one's companion.

While this hotel is close to the airport and cruise terminal you cannot get to any place else worth seeing without a mode of transport.

I would comment that the hotel response for service requests is good even when booked nearly full. I enjoyed my stay but feel strongly that the comments I made above should be considered by this and all hotels in their design. Spending one or two nights may not be a problem, but when spending a week, the lack of sound proofing can be a really major issue.

Room Tip: End room, high floor
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PDM77059
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to spend a week with us and are able to provide us with such constructive suggestions. I should tell you the hotel is actually 8 years old, so it must be showing well if you got the sense that it is only 5 years old!

I am sorry the faucets were leaking...this should never happen and should be caught by the cleaning staff. I will be sure to mention to the housekeeper in that section that thes types of deficiancies nees to be reported in a more timely manner. In the essence of full disclosure and with sustainabilty as the end target, we have put in low flow valves in every guest room to reudce the amount of water we waste. In some cases we have had to switch back to customary valves and it appears this room is one of those cases...I will make sure it is taken care of.

Regarding noise, we may need to replace the connecting and entry door sound strip...it may have worn down over 8 years and as such is no longer sufficient to block out the majority of outstide noise.

Once again thank you for you candid comments...it is how we continuously get better and we will make sure these issues are addressed quickly.