“Westin Waterfront Boston-Totally awesome!”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #39 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked this hotel through Air Miles, as there was nothing else available in Boston downtown for under $300! The hotel is located in South Boston, near the Convention center and it is brand new, so that in itself is an added bonus. Our room was fair size, with a desk and a lounge area by the window, with an amazing view of Boston downtown. I am very particular about my bed, bed covers and the pillows. This hotel impressed me with all three! The room comes with double set of covers and pillows. One set is filled with down and the other with polyester, for those allergic to down stuffed pillows and duvets. Between the covers are snow white bed sheets, laundered to perfection! The bed itself was very firm, so there was no motion transfer when my husband was turning.

Air conditioning was so quite, you could not even hear it coming on.

Bathroom counter had ample space for toiletry bags, and it was a little higher that standard height.

The only complaint was the noise coming from the noisy neighbors. I could feel the wall trembling every time someone in the room next door would sit on the bed. Fortunately, this did not last long.

In front of the Convention Center, they have bike rentals, if you're into street biking.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for amazing amenities, rooms, proximity to restaurants, downtown and the convention center!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from elevators, as they have less traffic
1  Thank Mirjana M
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us. I'm so happy to hear you had such an enjoyable stay and am delighted you were impressed with our Heavenly bedding...I'd have to agree with the comfort - it certainly makes for a wonderful night's sleep!

Thank you again for your positive review, and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again should your future travels take you back to the Boston area.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Westin Boston Waterfront had clean large rooms, restaurants, and a number of amenities including provision of gym clothes and sneakers if you wanted to use their gym. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. It's central location makes it easy to get anywhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mombisquet

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review following your stay at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I'm delighted that you had the opportunity to stay with us, and were able to enjoy so many of the great amenities we offer. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Recently stayed at the Westin Waterfront, a gorgeous, modern hotel. Located in South Boston and next to the Convention Center, the hotel was a short walk to the Silver Line T stop but also a pleasant walk across Summer Street bridge to South Station. I had emailed the hotel in advance asking if they could accommodate my request for a nice room with early checkin as this was a special trip for my boyfriend and myself. The management staff were incredibly accommodating not only giving us a room on the 16th floor w/amazing views, but they also classily sent us a nice tray of berries, nuts and chocolate. This hotel is the epitome of great customer service. I have always stayed at Westins, they never disappoint. This hotel specifically exhibited terrific customer service from the front desk staff to the concierge . The gym and pool facilities were incredible!!!! Thank you to the top-notch staff at the Westin Waterront for making our stay so perfect and enjoyable.

1  Thank Butterfly7s

Thank you so much for your positive review following your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and are so happy to hear about your wonderful stay, and that you chose the The Westin Boston Waterfront to celebrate such a special occasion. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our stay at the Westin Waterfront was great! Located in South Boston in the Seaport area, it was convenient to get to and to get around from. The concierge was very helpful in setting us up with fun activities to make the most of our one day visit. Having a Starbucks was a plus, as was the Natural Rain shower head and hand-held wand. The beds were pretty comfy too! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for posting a review following your stay at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I'm delighted to hear you our concierge was helpful in planning so many activities for you to enjoy during your short visit and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our (first) experience here was excellent, incl. their convenient location, w/24-7 cab service. Jeff (2 wks. new) and Matt made check in quick and friendly. When I mentioned my wife & I were celebrating a notable anniversary, they upgraded us from 'traditional' to 'Commodore' suite, NO charge. And it was as advertised: expansive, clean, very good air quality, bed(ding), and shower, and a really nice view of the harbor / city skyline. Then, totally unexpected, Jeff (Herman) arranged for champagne on ice and a trio of deserts delivered to us apprx. 1 hr. after check in to help us celebrate. *Great hospitality*; my wife was especially delighted - thanks Jeff & Westin! Concierges Sheb Shumar and Pam Logue were also excellent; professional, personable, with very helpful directions / suggestions in order to navigate/enjoy Boston more fully. The team of bellhops and doormen were effective and engaging: 'James' in particular! in our case. And David, a manager, represents the Westin brand very favorably. This may all sound a bit gushy but it accurately describes our experience. *Thanks* to all, we are highly likely to return!

Room Tip: Their website accurately describes room types. 'Traditional' rooms have city (w/very limited...
1  Thank Larry O

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. Congratulations to you and your wife on celebrating a notable anniversary, I'm delighted you had such an enjoyable trip.

I especially would like to thank you for your comments regarding the service provided to you by our staff. The team is truly the heartbeat of the hotel, and it is through these inspired interactions that we truly have the opportunity to create memorable experiences for our guests. I'll be certain to pass your comments along to Jeff, Matt, Sheb, Pam, James, and David as they'll be thrilled to hear you had such an enjoyable stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again should you travels bring you to the Boston area.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Great location but we requested a roll away bed and we saw it around the corner from our room and hours later it never got delivered. We got it ourselves and no one even checked.

The second day of our stay, we left our room at 8:40 am returned at 1:00 then left again at 2:00. Our room never got cleaned!

Very disappointed! I guess the quiet corner room (1001) is even out of the housekeeping eye!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Slanz

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Westin Boston Waterfront. I apologize for the service you received during your stay, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further. I can be reached at michael.jorgensen@westin.com and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Arriving back from our cruise Boston/Bermuda. It was nice to arrive at the The Westin Boston Waterfront hotel, from the moment we arrived August 8th till we left August 10th everything was great.
The check in went great, a great big thank you to Harkeem Steed, Front Desk Supervisor who was very pleasant, kind, patient and checked us in with ease. Even though this was our second time at this Hotel it was nice not be rushed when you are on vacation and I love when things go smoothly.
He took his time with us explained everything and gave us a great room on the 11th floor overlooking the City WOW what a view. The room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable just want you want in a room while on vacation.
Harkeem went out of his way to make sure our short stay was pleasant and stress free, again thank you Harkeem.
The breakfast was great, again lots to choose from to eat and the serve in the breakfast restaurant was great. Thank you.

All I can say is when in Boston stay at the Westin Boston Waterfront, yes its a little ways from the action, wharf and attractions buy the walk is good after eating...lol.

Enjoy your stay.
James

Room Tip: When reserving ask for city view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of The Westin Boston Waterfront following your most recent stay. I'd also like to thank you for your continued business.

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed the remainder of your vacation after your cruise, and will be certain to share your comments with Harkeem and our Director of Front Office. We believe we employ some of the best associates in Boston, and your comments serve to validate that for us. It is through exceptional service that we can truly wow our guests, and again, I'm glad we had the opportunity to do so.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.