“SPG Platinum Member Review”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #38 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Hello I am an SPG Platinum member. I have stayed at this hotel about 7-8 times. The hotel is located in the Seaport District of South Boston right next to the Boston Convention Center. The Hotel is an easy walk to the Seaport District such as as the World Trade Center Boston where I work. You would want to take a cab to Downtown Boston if you are dressed in heals or in a suit on a hot summer day.

The lobby is very spacious and modern. There is a Starbucks, O'conners Pub/Rest, and the more formal rest called Sauceity. The Pub I have eaten at is good standard pub grub, burgers,fish and chips etc.. Have not been to the other rest.

There is a seperate line for SPG Gold and Platinum checkin which is nice. As I have stayed here 7-8 times I have been upgraded to a very spacious and nice suite everytime except once.

The suites are usually 2 rooms, 2 entrances with a queen bed and 2 full bathrooms. One room has the bed,bathroom, table and TV while the other room has the living room with TV sofa, dining table and other bathroom. The suites have a view of Downtown Boston and Boston Harbor. The rooms are modern, clean, spacious and very nice. The beds are the "heavenly" beds and are great. (we have one in our house).

I usually stay with my wife and we love the rooms and the hotel. The Hotel has a parking garage which is $42 day. If you dont have a car there are plenty of taxis and the "t" is a short walk away.

if you are looking for a hotel right in downtown Boston Proper their are 2 other starwood hotels located in the backbay the Westin and Sheraton and both hotels are a very short walk to Newbury Street and Boylston streets.

However really like this hotel because it is new, clean modern and I like the upgrades. Please let me know if you have any questions

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,766)

Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed 5 nights before going on a cruise we got brilliant rate on hotwire, this is a well run clean comfortable hotel with amazing beds > It is walking distance to all of the water front and downtown boston, if you want to visit south Boston it is only 10min walk some great Irish pubs. I would reccomend MR Doolleys on Broad street for great food and great music stay clear of bars a restaurants in and around Quincey and fanuiel market complete rip of. I must mention the hop on of trolley and the amazing tour guide Sean an ex marine he was a mine of information and so entertaining and he loves his City well worth asking which bus he is on, as other folk didnt have the brilliant bus tour we had !!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to David Connor, General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2010

Thank you for providing such delightful feedback. Boston is an amazing city and we are fortunate to have our location in the up and coming Seaport District. We hope you will cosnider The Westin Boston Waterfront in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2010

I stayed here with a friend for one night before heading further on our travels. The rooms are very nice and clean. We dinned at the Irish pub in the hotel. The food was really good and service from Ricardo was excellent. I was traveling to the west coast after Boston and wanted a place to leave my bags. Kamal at the Front Desk was very nice and let us leave our bag there for a week so we wouldnt have to carry it all over the country. Overall the place is great, very nice staff, near the airport and in walking distance to faneuil hall and the rest of Boston.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2010

Excellent location for the convention center, but otherwise not very convenient for the rest of the city. Rooms are modern and spacious. Limited food choices within the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Its a convention hotel, so can get away with poor service. I am starwood Gold, but no Gold amenties offered at this hotel (yes, 1 bottle of water - come on - that is the gold benefit ata Westin - no lounge, no upgrade - unacceptable). Front desk is non chalant and the Starbucks is outright rude. The staff at the starbucks behaved in an unacceptable manner. The management tried to make up with a bottle of wine, but that is not the point. The point is that well trained staff should NEVER behave in such a manner with guests. The gym is a joke with basic ameneties and all this for an exhorbitant conference rate plus $40 in parking. Better choices abound in Boston.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. While we were disappointed to read your comments, they will serve to make us better equipped to improve upon our services going forward.

Reviewed 22 September 2010

I was thrilled to have a free hotel stay via a friend, but was given a misconception about parking. I was told that I had to have a credit card on file for the hotel and that charges would be taken out and then put back in. I didn't know this was for parking. I was told by the hotel weeks later that the charge were for parking and they do not comp parking because it is seperate. This was not what I was told by the front desk. I realize that parking is going to cost money, but was under the impression by the man that checked us in that the charge would be reimbursed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you for providing your feedback. We are terribly sorry if there was miscommunication regarding parking. We do not provide complimentary parking since the garage is independently owned and operated by a third party. There is signage at the valet booth which lists the parking rates.

Reviewed 21 September 2010

I booked this hotel for 10th anniversary with my wife. My room was a traditional king standard room and the front desk manager upgraded our room to a deluxe city view room on the top flor with no cost just because the occasion. This was wonderful for us. We stayed for 3 nights and the rooms are extremely clean. The heavenly beds are awesome and you will enjoy quality sleep. The heavenly showers are also a good experience. The location is 3 minutes walking to the T Silver Line station which is connected to all attractive parts of Boston. A benefit you will get of this location is that the area is not crowded and you feel in a more quiet and private space. The people in Westin are very kind and will help you with all your needs. I visited the Westin in Copley place and it seems for me that the Westin Waterfront is better. The Westin in Copley is crowded with people that are not in the hotel, since the hotel is inside copley mall. The westin waterfront was a wonderful experience and went beyond my expectations.