“Great Service”

The Westin Boston Waterfront
Ranked #41 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 January 2011

This is a hip and happening hotel. The decor is modern and elegant. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The best part about it is the staff and their level of service, everyone from the people who greet you at the front desk, to the banquet staff was fantastic. Our bartender, Tom Carter, did a great job taking care of a large group and making everyone feel right at home!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Westin Boston Waterfront

Reviewed 17 January 2011

I recently went to a party at the Westin, and was impressed by the attentiveness of the staff. Tom Carter was an especially amazing host. Thanks for the lovely evening!

Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 January 2011

We stayed at the Westin Boston Waterfront for a conference and an in-town birthday celebration. The staff is always hospitable, with nice touches like dessert and champagne for my wife's birthday. The views of the city are truly unique, as this hotel really lets you see the special relationship between the city and harbor. I stay at Westins all over the US and all three times I've stayed here for a conference/birthday, the hotel room, staff and ambiance has always been at the top. I let the GM know what a fine job his team does, and I received a kind note back...not typical for many hotel GMs. There are nice bar/restaurant options and great food/entertainment is an $8 cab away at nearby neighborhoods. I'd recommend this hotel if you'd like a great view, great room and superb staff.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2011

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us and for the great comments you had for our staff. We are proud of the team we have in place here at The Westin Boston Waterfront and we are all passionate about providing exceptional service to our guests. We hope you will consider us for your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed 10 January 2011

We attended a holiday party a couple weeks back and I just wanted to tell you what a great job Tom Carter did at this event.
He was personable and friendly and we all had a blast.

We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business

We certainly appreciate the wonderful comments you provided and for giving a shout out to Tom Carter. The Westin Boston Waterfront firmly believes that teamwork is the glue to providing fabulous service and we are happy to have Tom on our team. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Westin for New Year's Eve and were very pleased with the quality of this hotel. Check in was very easy... we were greeted and taken care of immediately. The hotel was very crowded, but they still gave us very individualized attention.

We stayed on the 10th floor and had an incredible view of the city. The room was clean, felt very new and had the best amenities (i.e.Starbucks coffee in the rooms)

The gym and pool area were very clean and the lobby was beautifully decorated. We enjoyed a drink in the bar with the personable bartender.

The two downsides of the hotel: Parking was $32 a night. I feel like that's the most expensive parking in the city. The location was not as ideal. We were away from a lot of the "action". The good thing about Boston in the "T" is so easy to use so we ended up taking that everywhere. There is a T-station about two blocks away from the hotel.

Overall,great experience.I would recommend this to any friends traveling to Boston.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JustCallmeTourGuide

Thank you for choosing The Westin Boston Waterfront to ring in the new year and for providing such positive comments. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2011

The intent of my trip was to spend time with my nephew after his father/my brother passed away last December. We intended to ring in the New Year and Celebrate my birthday.

Pulling up to the Hotel in the taxi, The Westin Boston Waterfront is first class in a quiet part of town where one would feel very safe walking alone at night - trust me, I did and quite a lot. Arthur Lamele had checked me in, very friendly. he noticed from my driver license my birthday was coming and wished me a Happy Birthday.

The room, bay view, 15th floor - exquisite with lavish furnishings, spacious and the huge King bed - one could melt into it for days. The bathroom is quite large and the heavenly shower - very nice touch although I chose to use only one of the dual shower heads.

The following night I spent in and out of Boston Commons, Downtown, Fanueil Hall and North End. On my return I found a Cheese Platter, a Bottle of Wine, Crackers and a Birthday card from Arthur himself and thanking me for choosing the Westin to stay! That was aside from ringing in New Year perhaps the 2nd best part of the trip!!! Very classy and nice touch.

Transportation to and From Logan Airport to the The Westin Boston Waterfront is simple via the Silver line to World Trade Center and walking across a bridge and Summer street straight to the main entrance of the hotel. Vs. a $21 taxi ride the $9/fare for a 24 hour pass on the "T" allows you to take the Silver/Blue/Red/Orange/Green lines - well worth it.

Dining - MJ O'Connor's serves fabulous food, spirits and deserts. The Haddock Tacos are really good and the Choco-Moulten cake - awesome, just watch your shirt sleeves, it's messy.

City Bar - fabulous place to meet clients and friends/family after hours to wind down for a drink or meet new people. Lindsay is the finest bartender I've ever met, polite and very intelligent & makes a mean Appletini with Chopan Vodka!

The Westin Workout - Not only am I a Global Sales Manager for an Electronics firm, I'm also a fitness instructor after hours and the westin workout room was a very nice complement to the hotel. State of the art LifeFitness Equipment with Virtual trainers along with a pool and jacuzzi worked well with my needs and open late hours. It would be a complement if Westin offered a hot sauna, however, I was very happy with what they had. Most motels or Hotels don't come near close or take such good care of their equipment.

All said, I'd stay at Westin Boston Waterfront again as for the value your dollar and for the peace and quiet it's well woth every dollar. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make certain you're comfortable and happy during your stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2011

Thank you for the fabulous review you provided. We take pride in providing the highest level of quality customer service to all of our guests and your comments proved that we have a top notch team here at The Westin Boston Waterfront. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to our great city!

Reviewed 29 December 2010

With less than 6 weeks to my wedding, and no venue in site, Katie Butler and her staff, met us with delight! And by delight, I mean a Tuxedo clad Butler, offering us a Champagne Toast from a silver-plated platter. Totally blew me away, a lovely, knowledgeable woman, who sat us (my parents & I), for a private breakfast in a slate adorned lobby. And no sooner did we sit, was all her attention on me, "What kind of wedding are you looking to have?" I was shocked at her attention to detail, truly discovering what I wanted out of my "Big Day". Questions I wasn't expecting to answer, and of course all the one's you do!
All I really want to say, is this, Katie Butler and her Staff we're there for my family & I on this most special day unlike I ever expected people to be. She went above the "call of duty".

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
ExecutiveAssistant32, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at The Westin Boston Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Thank you for the wonderful comments you provided and for giving a shout out to Katie Butler, our Catering Sales Manager. Katie is a true professional and has proven to be a very valuable member of our team. We hope you choose The Westin Boston Waterfront for your big day. It would be our pleasure to be your host.