“Out of this world informed!!”

Boston Custom Tours - Private Tours
Ranked #20 of 142 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Boston Custom Tours. We offer tours throughout New England given by experienced guides. History, nature, architecture, food, sports and all things fun. Enjoy a day absorbing all the area holds, as told by two natives of Ireland who have made this their home.
Miramar, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Out of this world informed!!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My Husband and I consider ourselves Weekend Warriors and on a whim we flew out to Boston from Florida. We stayed at a reputable hotel in the heart of the city and inquired about a private tour, being that it was my first time in Boston. The concierge called around and we were unable to book one through them, but eventually we booked a Tour with Martin Mc Entee at Boston Custom
Tours!! We hit the tour guide jackpot with Martin!! He was on time, dressed nicely and had a rather comfortable vehicle to tote us around. This man knew so much about Boston, he blew this history buff away!! His tour was complete with "then" and "now" pictures on his IPad, so we could get a clear picture of what he was telling us. He was patient and super informative and it shows that he loves what he does. He explained thoroughly the history of boston, showed us the beautiful home of Sec. of State Kerry, took us to Harvard and even got us into a beautiful church that we would have otherwise not seen. We toured a beautiful Cemetery and showed us south Boston as well! He explained the real estate and the geography in a way that left a lasting impression on us!! Martin also gave us a great recommendation for Dinner and at the mention of his name, we were treated like royalty. Martin is AMAZING and anyone visiting Boston owes it to themselves to call Boston Cutom Tours and ask for Martin...you won't regret it!!!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Tamara X

Westwood, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best of Boston in a Day”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had a wonderful full-day tour of Boston, concentrating on Boston City Center and Charlestown. There were four of us - seniors who are somewhat walking impaired. So we needed a van, and we needed a driver-tour guide who could give us an informative tour while we stayed mostly in the van. We were in luck with driver-tour guide Declan Kelly. He not only accommodated our physical needs. He was a font of knowledge about this historic city, and he was able to tailor the tour to what we wanted to see. Very highly recommended.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Ronald P
Clermont, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“To All Teachers...”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

To my fellow teachers,

This past February I had the privilege of taking 10 students to one of the most amazing cities in America, Boston Massachusetts. The trip itself was outstanding however the most wonderful part of the trip was DeClan Kelly of Boston Custom Tours. His knowledge of American history was astonishing, but his kind natured and caring attitude towards each one of my students was remarkable. He cared for my students, he cared they were learning, and he cared they would remember this trip for the rest of their lives. DeClan was one only paid for a 3 hour tour, but DeClan offered to come back the next day (free of charge) and gave the students a tour of Lexington and Concord.

An example of DeClan Kelly's professionalism and care...

One of my students left his wallet in the touring van. DeClan not only made a special trip to get my student's wallet, but he also made a trip out to Kennedy Memorial Library to drop off the wallet. Then, he drove us back to our hotel, and finally he drove us to the airport. I have never met a kinder and more sincere person. None of this was planned and DeClan did this out of the kindness in his heart.

I will never travel to Boston without booking my tour with Boston Custom Tours and DeClan Kelly.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Kyle Clapper

Province of Connacht, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very informative”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and my husband had a private tour with Boston Custom Tours. Our tour guides name was Martin, he was extremely courteous and his tour car was impeccable. He had a very good knowledge of the city and compared it to how it looked previously by use if iPad pictures. He had quirky pieces of knowledge that added to the tour.
We also toured using the Trolley Tours which were not nearly as personal or informative.
I would recommend this tour company as the best way to tour Boston.

2 Thank Suzieboss
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A perfect day”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Last week the concierge in my hotel arranged this amazing tour of Boston. Although I was on a business trip I still wanted to see all the sights and Martin came up trumps. The passion and enthusiasm Martin has for this fabulous city made my entire trip memorable. I saw all the famous land marks, that I had only ever seen in the movies, as well as some places that only the locals know especially some great places to eat and hear live music. I learned so much about the history and culture of the city. I would highly recommend Martin and can't wait for my next trip to Boston and the wider New England area, I've got Martin and Boston Custom Tours on speed dial!

2 Thank JulesSEdi