“Delicious Food, Energetic Vibe”
Review of Toro

Toro
Ranked #78 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South End
Description: Toro is a Barcelona-style tapas restaurant located in Boston's South End. We serve traditional and modern Spanish-style small plates made with locally sourced and sustainable ingredients. Toro is owned and operated by James Beard Award-winning Chefs Ken Oringer & Jamie Bissonnette.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I went there for an early dinner with my sister. We had a great time. We had white anchovies, grilled corn, seared asparagus, goat cheese, razor clams, and churros for dessert. I also had a delicious sangria. This place reminded me of Madrid where I've visited recently.

The service was attentive and prompt. The scene is very young. I'd say most people there are between 25 and 45. The acoustics of the restaurant could be improved some. It was a bit loud for my comfort, although I liked the energy there.

There are newer reviews for Toro

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Over for the weekend with my other half from the UK visiting friends we popped here for dinner on Friday evening.

According to other people there is usually a two hour wait but we had made plans with our concierge and a great table was made available to us within minutes of us arriving.

Our waiter was fantastic. Not only was he helpful he also recommended us wine and even suggested we ordered less food as he thought it would be too much for the four of us!

The wine was excellent and the food when it arrived was on another level to any other tapas place I have experienced. Traditional Spanish tapas but with fine dining twists that made it outstanding to me.

The atmosphere was relaxed , stylish and cosy. People enjoying themselves rather than being watched like hawks by over stuffy silver service waiters.

The soundtrack to the night, old school r and b.

In short, ten out of ten.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've been to Barcelona, and I love going to Toro to taste the authentic cuisine from across the pond. This restaurant is one of the best in Boston, for any cuisine, but it tops all Tapas restaurants by a landslide in my opinion. If nothing else, order the corn, it's the best.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Eclectic menu. Fun atmosphere. Can be a bit pricey because it's hard to not order a variety of food to try. The corn is every bit as good as people say it is. Not a fan of the razor clams.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Food quality was spot on, service great, atmosphere great besides rap music playing - doesn't fit the theme/ambiance. Will be back and would recommend for sure. Thanks for. Great night!