“Standard Ruth's Chris in Boston”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 3,393 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Tremont
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is pretty much your standard Ruth's Chris, which is a good thing. The building the restaurant is in is gorgeous as it was the old Boston City Hall. Steaks were delicious as well, mine was a bit under cooked but was still fantastic. Service was great, portion sizes were good - can't complain much!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We absolutely loved dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House. We enjoyed the Restaurant Week menu which had great offerings at a reasonable price. My tenderloin Oscar was delicious as was the sirloin steak, sides, and dessert (bread pudding). Great wine selection and delicious cocktails really enhanced the experience. We definitely will return!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

First time visiting this Ruth Chris in Boston. After many great meals at their sister restaurant in Toronto (which we love), we had to check it out to see if this one had the same high standards. Let me tell you we were not disappointed! The food was perfection, the service friendly and we absolutely loved the ambiance! On our annual visits to Boston this is now a "Must"! I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Katherine B
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Even though it's a chain and even though I did not have steak this time! My friends and I came for lunch (DineOut Boston) and it was wonderful. I started with the Roasted Tomato Soup which was tasty and refreshing. I had the sizzling crab cakes for the entree and I have to say, these come close to Maryland lump crab cakes. These were blue crabs though so not as lumpy but still great with no fillers. Dessert was good. It was a bread pudding which was fairly light and very moist. I would dine here again as it is a very good restaurant. Service was good if a little harried no thanks to the restaurant week crowd!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

First visit to Ruth's Chris yesterday. Late Sunday afternoon and the restaurant was busy. Greeted warmly and professionally and taken directly to table, using my name more than once. Nice touch. Service was excellent from two servers who shared us. My manhatten was well made and generous. The shrimp appetizer was very good, but presented oddly. Just a clump of shrimp unardorned in the middle of a dish. Both steaks, one filet and one sirloin were just terrific. Outstanding quality and cooked perfectly. Gould not be better. Sides of creamed spinach and mashed potatoes only OK. Neither really hot and the mashed were more whipped. Desert fine, nothing to write home about, but tasty, none the less. For its reputation and prices, this should be a five star spot, but, sorry, just missed. But, oh those steaks !