“Really nice sushi!”
Review of Douzo

Douzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Douzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 3,391 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Columbus Ave & Southwest Corridor Park
Transit: Located a few feet away from Back Bay Station, home Amtrak, the commuter rail, and the Orange line.
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Food, service and ambience is very good. Definitely worth a visit if you are in to sushi dishes. A bit more expensive than a ordinary lunch downtown. However, I would recommend it to those liking sushi.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Repeat offenders know this is perhaps the best sushi place in town. The other dishes - shishito peppers or katsus are equally good.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

But better than average is not saying much... You would think in a town that has as much seafood coming into it as it does, sushi would be top notch. Unfortunately, the variety of fish served in the typcial sushi restaurant is very limited, and the quality of fish that is used is not the best. But that being said, this is probably one of the better sushi restaurants in town. It's really convenient too - right next to back bay station.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I arrived early for an 8pm reservation. No problems sitting at the hightops at the bar and nursing a margarita until my friend arrived. The Spicy Mango Margarita was quite interesting... not sure if I will go back for another, but jalapeno was an interesting touch.

Easy transition to our table for dinner.

The service was probably 2.5 stars. The bar service was SLOW. It was annoying to have to pay for my drink when moving to dinner. Maybe I'm ignorant, but usually you can transfer your bar tab to your dinner, or ??

Our dinner waiter was nice, but seemed to have confusion on simple things. Like the wines... isn't a Rioja, on the menu by the glass (standard), simple to get right?

The sushi bumps up my review to a 4 star. We had ribs and the lobster tempura appetizers and a variety of sushi courses for dinner. YUMMY!! The presentation was top notch and the taste was great.

The atmosphere was comfortable and upscale. A good place to take a date or for friends to meet. Not too loud, but a strange mix of industrial techno in the background.

To summarize, mediocre service, great atmosphere and food.
I would try it again.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Let me start by saying the food was above average. Shiitake mushroom soup, sashimi and sushi items were very fresh and tasted great. However, the waitstaff could use a bit of improvement. Drinks were slow to arrive and we waited a long time before a server came to take our order. Seemed to be a lot of confusion...two different servers approached us for orders after we had already placed order. Server's assistant poured water into my 1/2 empty beer glass, ruining what I had left. Lots of servers seemed to be standing around...not sure if waiting for orders or just bored. Decor was very modern and stark. Not sure if we would return.