“This is the place to stay”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
new york
“This is the place to stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This was a long weekend getaway for myself, my husband and our two teenage grandchildren. Both children had been to Boston on school trips and felt they didn't have enough time to really appreciate the city, so we decided to take them back to see the things they had missed. My grandson who is 13, loved our hotel room. he even took pictures of it, telling us that when he was an adult this is how he wanted to decorate his apartment in NYC. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The room was great. The location was perfect. It was close to the RR STA, T and easy to walk to all sights. If you want a great place to stay, this is it.

Room Tip: This hotel is used by priceline, however if traveling with children there is no guarantee you will g...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
ICBoston, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 15 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed each detail we put into ensuring a relaxing and wonderful stay at our hotel. Every element of our property plays a part in your visit and we are so pleased to hear that we could provide your family with the perfect weekend getaway! We hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Boston!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (859)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I'll admit up front I made a mistake in booking and showed up a night early for our one night stay. The front desk refused me a room after going back and forth with the reservation manager 3 times and said they couldn't accomodate me. Hardly any cars in the garage and the lobby was quiet as church. I am certain that if I hadn't booked through priceline and was paying full price, I would have received a room in a minute. He wasn't even able to look me in the eye. Learned my lesson about being more careful with reservations but would definitely never go back here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LauraR2
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This is a new, modern hotel in the finiancial district of dowtown Boston, within a close walk to Quincy Market. It's clean, bright and beautiful. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our only disappointment was that there was not free internet access and parking was $40/day. We booked on Priceline and saved a lot on cost of the room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
ICBoston, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 31 August 2011
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at InterContinental Boston! All of our employees work as a team to create the perfect, seamless visit for our guests. Our hotel’s prime location truly enhances our guests’ stay in Boston, and we are glad that you decided to explore the area! Next time you visit, stop by our Concierge for great ‘in the know’ tips about Boston. It is always great to hear that a guest had an amazing stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The hotel is located by the waterfront, a block away from the South Station Commuter Rail. It was super easy for us to get from Boston to Harvard Square Cambridge using the red line.

It was not as central to sites in Boston as I would like but still walkable - a little over a mile for both Faneuil Hall & Newbury Street.

The room was beautiful, nicely decorated with lots of room, floor to ceiling windows with great views.

The only weird thing was that there was a big window above the headboard that opened to the bathroom. Even with the sliding window closed, there was still a one inch gap at the bottom - so that you can see into the bathroom and can hear everything going on.

I was with my husband, so it didn't bother me but if I was staying there with a friend, I guess I would be self conscious using the bathroom ;)

Note: Internet is not free. Parking is 40$/night

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at InterContinental Boston! All of our employees work as a team to create the perfect, seamless visit for our guests. Our hotel’s prime location truly enhances our guests’ stay in Boston, and we are glad that you decided to explore the area! Next time you visit, stop by our Concierge for great ‘in the know’ tips about Boston. It is always great to hear that our guest had an amazing stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon.
SC
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I'm part of the Ambassador program, so when I was upgraded to the 12th floor, I was excited, until I opened my blinds to see that I was looking at a brick wall. No big deal, didn't come to sit in my room. Front desk was very friendly, and helpful. My trip was cut short and they worked with me so I wouldn't have to pay for an extra night.

The worse experience was at Rumba. By no means waste your time here. We were not dressed up, so I guess I looked as if I couldn't afford to sit at their bar. I ended up tweeting INCBOS to tell them about the rude service, never was given a reply. However, if you tweet about arriving, they reply immediately. Overall, good stay, just stay out of their bar and you will be happy.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Keswick, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Nice hotel, walking distance to Ouincy Market, Freedom Trail, Harbour, and North End.
The rooms are well appointed and very clean. We travelled as a family of four with two teens. Our room had two queen beds, plenty of space and a large bathroom with a walk in shower, soaking tub and vanity mirror.
We booked on Hotwire and stayed for a very good rate.
We ate breakfast at Panera bread. When you exit the building go left a couple of blocks.
We enjoyed parking the car down stairs and walking to everything for the three days of our stay.
The pool is located on the second floor, at the spa and gym area. We found it not to be too kid friendly. It's more of a lap pool than a kids on vacation pool.
If you have not stayed at a four and a half star before, check this out. It was a highlight of our vacation! Be sure to do the Boston Gliders Segway tour. It's a fun way to see the city!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank keswickdoodle
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel! Our sophisticated, elegant guestrooms are the perfect fusion of beauty and practicality; a place where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We are delighted you got a chance to visit our spa. Upon your next visit, hopefully you will have time to indulge in the calming atmosphere and various services we have to offer. We are thrilled that you had an amazing time on your family vacation at our hotel, and we hope that you will visit us again soon!
LA
Reviewed 11 July 2011

First Time to Boston and we had a great time
Stayed at the InterConti and it was great. Nice suite with great views and located within walking distance to everything you want to see in Boston. I would pay and do the Club Level if you can, free internet and at least you get a great breakfast before you explore this great city. Eveyone was great, a few hiccups but what do you expect. Some weird rules about their outdoor patio area and a LA attitude bar tender, but all in all a great hotel. Worth going and taking the family. Also a fantastic gym

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PacificAndyLa
ICBoston, at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Location is one of the main reasons visitors choose to stay with us. We are within walking distance to famous Boston attractions such as the New England Aquarium and Faneuil Hall. If you return during the warmer months the water taxi is a fantastic way of transportation to and from the airport. With a dock right behind our hotel it is convenient and a great way to tour the Boston waterfront during your ride. It is delightful to hear from guests who truly enjoyed their stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.