Sure, this hotel has some advantages for Boston travelers.
- Very close to Boston Airport (just one ride of "Silver Line")
- 4-5 minutes walk from Merto (Red Line - South Station)
- 10 minutes walk to Boston Common, Chinatown and some shopping/sight seeing area
- Good view of river
- Big, clean and comfortable room with enough amenities
- Luxurious restaurants/bars at lobby level
InterContinental Boston is rated as "4.5-star". From facility standpoint, they must have such items and I think this hotel reached that level. I really enjoyed the room itself. However, I didn't feel like 4.5-star from service standpoint. I don't say their service was bad. It was sufficient but still a bit far from 5-star class hotels I visited recently. I felt some distance with staff members in this hotel. (It is a bit difficult for me to explain.)
If you have got some discount rate (like $200/night with tax), I say "You should get it". You will be satisfied with this hotel. You cannot get such high-class hotels with this price in Boston usually. (I believe you can find this rate if you book in advance in some discount websites.)
But if you are paying it with standard rate (such as $300 or more for the normal room), you might be able to find better options in downtown area.
Overall, it is not bad at all but it might better to find another place if you are looking for some special occasions in Boston hotel stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This breathtaking, modern Boston waterfront hotel stands on the site where a late-night tea party ignited the American Revolution. Located between the financial district and the booming Fort Point Channel, find yourself at the heart of the city and take in waterfront views from Miel, Boston's first Provence-themed brasserie. An urban retreat, relax and revive with an indoor lap pool and full-service spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Boston Hotel Boston
- Boston Intercontinental