“Million-Dollar Gym”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Many hotels relegate the fitness center to a room off to the side with no view. Not the InterContinental, which sports a gym with floor-to-ceiling windows that look out onto Atlantic Avenue.

The gym included bikes, ellipticals, treadmills, weights and an assortment of yoga equipment.

The rest of the hotel has a comfortable, dark-wood decor. My room had a bathtub to complement the shower.

This hotel is only a few blocks from South Station.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
ICBoston, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Jaypo7,

Thank you for your detailed review of our location, guestrooms and Fitness Center. We believe that our guests should work out in an inspiring setting and are delighted you enjoyed the welcoming environment of our Fitness Center. We now offer fun fitness classes during the week and suggest you try a class the next time you stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your future visit!

Best,

Michael Ditterline
Director of Rooms at InterContinental Boston
michael.ditterline@ihg.com

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Boston

Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

I recently had a two night stay at the Intercontinental Boston and had a very good experience. The hotel lobby is very impressive, big, and clean. Front desk staff was pleaseant and anwsered all question we had about the hotel. The room was very modern and had very good features. Staff was very pleaseant and willing to lend a helping hand.

However there were a few things about this hotel that i was not pleased with. First of all $40 a day to park your car is down right ridiculous never have i had to pay nearly close to that to have my car parked. I have stayed at the Intercontinental in Tampa FL and parking was free if u did it yourself and only $20 to valet. Also the sliding glass wall betweem the bathroom and sleeping areas was dowm right weird. It looked great and made for a very modern open looking room, but also led to a few embarrasing moments. I might suggest a small latch type lock to be placed on the inside (the bathrrom side of the wall) to help prevent someone from the sleeping area opening the walp and making for awkward embarrisng moments while one is using the the restroom. Another thing i was not pleased with was the $15 a day for internenr access, which i believe should be free.

Other then those slite pdoblems it was a very comfortable stay. A bit pricey but worth the money for a luxury stay. I would definatly stay with them again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Tg3040
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We have stayed at the InterContinental Boston a few times, as a hotel its great we had a room with club floor access and found everything as it should be. We do like this area as its close to the harbour and other attractions, but the hotel bar is amazing especially the bar food - we will be back on our next Boston Trip

Room Tip: Any on the club floors
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank IanT-FoodMonster
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed at the in InterContinental in Boston in October 2012. I loved my stay and the room was immaculate. From the beautiful wood of the closet door (I was surprised to find such beautiful detail in a rather boring feature) to the beautiful stone in the bathroom, I was pleased. The tub was so welcoming that I indulged in a bath and was pleasantly surprised to find the water was tinted that pale-blue color you see in design show reveals. I ordered room service multiple times for multiple types of meals and was thoroughly pleased each occasion. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: I purchased a room on a higher floor-it was a regular room but paid a little more for the higher flo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Booked a room with Club Floor access and got exactly that.

The hotel is in walking distance from South Station. The silver S1 bus from Logan to South Station is free, therefore the transfer from the airport to the hotel is free.

Lobby is very large and attractive. Check in went very smooth and we were upgraded to a suite. Everything worked and everything is very clean.

The lounge is in my view better than lounges at most other IC properties. Food offering is very tasty and well presented. The host, especially in the evening, could not be more helpful or friendly.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great place to stay with easy access to the airport, water side and downtown.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pro-Flyer
Reviewed 25 January 2013

It had been several years since I stayed at the InterContinental Boston and it is nice to see that they have not missed a beat. I had a last minute business trip to Boston and booked with Priority Club app on my iPhone. I found he rate very reasonable and was upgraded to a harbor view room. The staff was terrific, they anticipated my needs and were very accommodating. In room dining for breakfast was efficient and the eggs were hot and fresh. From checkin to checkout this hotel was top notch.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank George H
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed here in November to celebrate a 2nd anniversary; the IHG Boston is also where I proposed so returning here was a very sentimental occasion for me. I contacted the hotel ahead of time because I was quite obsessive regarding the details. Abby Weiner and Raquel Madrid returned my inquiries promptly, professionally, and empathetically. Our stay was wonderful and I know that I can rely on the IHG Boston for a consistently wonderful stay. The property is immaculately kept, the staff is ever present and friendly, and the guest is spoiled with options in regards to in house dining, spa treatment, and service and professionalism. We walked to the ICA Museum which only takes 10 minutes. Great night made memorable by the Intercontinental Boston Staff! Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple