“Outstanding service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Needham, Massachusetts
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

During a recent weekend stay at the Boston Intercontinental with my wife we were treated to the type of world class hospitality we heard they are known for. The front desk agent, Afeliya "Ophelia" Muradian, in particular delivered what can only be called OUTSTANDING customer service. She couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating from the moment we arrived. We had no set agenda or plans for the weekend, we asked Afeliya for a suggestion or two and she walked us to the concierge desk and stayed there with us to help further explore the various options of events and hotspots available to us. She took the time to ask relevant questions about our preferences to better match her suggestions with what she thought we would enjoy. What struck us most about her efforts was the obvious sincerity in her desire to truly help make our stay memorable.

We are not in the habit of following up on customer service websites or questionnaires, but her professionalism and extremely attentive demeanor throughout our entire stay simply could not go in acknowledged.

Signed,

Steve & Deborah

PS- the guest service supervisor, Evan Turell,,was also incredibly helpful and friendly, as well as the ast bar manager, Adam Liss.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Steve & Deborah,

It is truly a pleasure to read your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience in such detail; it means a lot to know that each member of our team was able to impact your visit so significantly. I hope you will stay with us again soon!

Ian Pullan
InterContinental® Boston
Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (895)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This Intercontinental is a gem of a hotel. Excellent location (right by south station and the harbor, can walk to many great boston areas easily) lovely restaurants nearby, and great food in the hotel as well (e.g., sushi tech is terrific), lovely spacious rooms, and FABULOUS staff.
The staff is incredibly well trained, kind, and always professional. Evan Turell is especially terrific: gracious, professional and generous. I've stayed at hotels all around the world and many of them in the IHG brand family. Just came back from the one in London, for example. It was good, but nothing close to this one in Boston.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a Harbor view, it is lovely in all seasons.
California
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Beautiful hotel, very convenient to most sightseeing and airport. Walked to Knob Hill and Quincy Market. Ate at hotel in very nice restaurant and around corner at Smith and Wollinsky. Walked part of the Freedom Trail. Freat place to stay.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I came to this hotel for our mini-moon.The penthouse suite was INCREDIBLE! Clean hotel, super comfy beds, amazing shower! The girl that checked us in was extremely friendly. Overall great experience.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have stayed here now 3-4 times for business. The rooms are very large and upscale. The hotel is impeccably clean. The greeting at the front desk and service is simply first rate. They charge for internet (boo). I personally love the location for walking to see accounts downtown or to restaurants in the North End. Big bar area with lots of activity. On my most recent visit, I discovered to my horror that I left my laptop in my room. When I got home to Chicago that night and figured out it was missing I called the hotel and Security assured me they had it locked up. They shipped it back to me the next day. Whew. My go-to business hotel in Beantown going forward.

Room Tip: harbor view is nice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We had a wonderful room overlooking the city for our our trip to Boston. The hotel, the room and overall stay could not have been more beautiful.The room was clean with a huge bathroom and wonderful tub. The reservation manager Lexi Santiago went above and beyond ensure our stay was as nice as we could have hoped for.The Thank you again Lexi for a wonderful stay

Happy Holidays!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I were married the day before and with our honeymoon a month away we decided to do our "minimoon" here for the night. We got there we checked in at the ambassador desk and the lady who took care of us was so warm and friendly! We were told we were upgraded to a penthouse suite. It was beyond our wildest imagination. The room was huge, the view was amazing, the amenities were unbelievable and we were greeted to a nice bottle of congratulatory wine. The bathroom was spectacular. The rainfall shower was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. There was just so much space and the room was clean we wanted to stay there forever. The staff overall was extremely friendly and accommodating. My wife and I couldn't have envisioned a more perfect night after our wedding. I recommend this place to anyone looking to just have a romantic night in boston or just looking for a place to stay in general. Definitely one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had!!

Room Tip: The penthouse suite has a view to die for and the space in there is impeccable. I reccomend a room w...