“Bostons Finest”

GreenLeadersGold level
Brockton, Massachusetts
“Bostons Finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I cannot say enough GREAT things about the staff at the Intercontinental. I planned & hosted my company Holiday party there recently. Allison Nieves (Event Manager), took wonderful care of us. She exceeded my customer service expectations (which is very high). Not only is the Hotel absolutely breathtaking, and classy, the views are amazing, and the the food is devine. It's in the heart of the Financial/Waterfront district, which is great not only for visitors, but business professionals as well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
InterConBos, Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Hi Keisa!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I had a lot of fun planning your holiday party, and am looking forward to working with you on future events!

Allison Neves
Food & Beverage Events & Promotions Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I travel to Boston for work about once or twice a month for the last 5 years and have stayed at almost every decent hotel in the area and the Intercontinental has quickly become my favorite – and pretty much the only place I stay now. Not only is it my choice for business travel but is also where I stay for weekend trips with the family. Although this is a high-end hotel, it is also very kid-friendly.

The hotel itself is modern, with every amenity. The rooms are clean and built out with high-end material. Probably my favorite thing is the bathroom – you can’t beat the large, glass enclosed shower. I wish I had the same thing in my house. The beds are also super comfortable. The hotel sits in great location and is in walking distance to everything in the financial district / Faneuil Hall. The rear of Hotel faces the Boston harbor.

But by far and away the best feature of the Intercontinental is the staff – which includes everyone from the wonderful front desk staff, room service to housekeeping. I have stayed at every major hotel in Boston and have never been made to feel so welcome. After several repeat visits a couple folks there learned my name – and didn’t forget it when I came back. The staff is the principal reason why I keep coming back. Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the Ambassador program.
2 Thank Frank C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed at the intercontinental boston for two nights three days with family. Superior suite (ambassador membership upgrade) was plenty spacious enough for 4 of us and the view of boston water front from the room was definitely a bonus. Friendly staff from front desk to ambassador desk, club room staff to cleaning crew...made everyone in my family feel welcome. Breakfast and snacks in the club room were a big hit with the kids and we had a very good dinner at Miel's one night (went to Wagamama the other night...short walk from hotel). Made good use of the indoor pool on this trip too. Parking is a little pricey, but the hotel itself is well worth paying a little more (we usually park elsewhere when we stay here, but with the snow storm, decided to valet which was the right call).

Room Tip: If you need 2 rooms to accomdate kids, inquire about their suites instead...ours was 1200 sf with se...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SkiFishSkiFish
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

The entire staff made us feel welcomed and went out of their way to accommodate us. Everyone greeted us with a smile. When we talked to the staff you could tell they enjoyed their jobs. The property is first class and made our trip perfect. The only problem was it was too short. Definitely will stay there on next trip to Boston.

Green Features: Our waiter in the dinning room talked about the environmental policies of the hotel. I was impressed due to I am in the environmental business.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charby56
Thionville, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I just spent one week in this hotel and I strongly recommend it to you!
Excellent service and very nice room ( big size and very well équiped).
The Intercontinental Club Lounge is a must!!! All kind of food and drinks for every tastes. Healthy choices available. Special thanks to Dagmar, Mohamed and Jeorges for their kindness and professionalism. :-) Thé welcome each guest with a special care. A real 5* hotel!!! I spent more than 100 nights in various hotels this year in business trips and the Intercontinental is one of the top 3!
Thanks a lot to everyone. I will be delighted to come back!
Nathalie

Room Tip: Ask a room with river view.
Green Features: Good involment. Towels and sheets are only changed when you ask it.
1 Thank Lallalie
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing girls getaway at this hotel. The room was terrific and everyone was very helpful and accommodating. The location was perfect - we were able to walk pretty much everywhere we wanted to go. Although truth be told we were happy to spend a lot of time at the hotel. Unfortunately we were only able to stay one night. Next time we will extend our stay. Can't wait!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

My stay at the Intercontinental Boston was, by far, the best hotel experience I've ever had. To put it simply: this place is amazing. The hotel is modern, spacious, elegant, and luxurious. No other hotel in Boston compares, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a better Intercontinental anywhere. The IC Boston has earned every single one of it's 4 diamonds.

Besides being a beautiful hotel in the heart of Boston, the service provided is first-class. From the second I arrived at the door, to the moment I checked out, I was treated like the most important person staying at the hotel. Every employee I interacted with was friendly and professional, and tried to make my stay special. I can't thank them enough for that.

The rooms definitely have to be the biggest in Boston. They're huge!! I was fortunate enough to get upgraded to a suite, and it was breathtaking. No matter what room you book, you will not be disappointed by the size. The hotel also offers several restaurants and bars, a massive fitness center, a pool, and a top-rated spa. Also, the Club Intercontinental on the 12th floor is great, if you are given access to it (usually only the elite members in the IHG rewards program, or at the hotel's discretion). They provide food and drink offerings all day, which is very convenient.

If you are planning a trip to Boston, the Intercontinental Boston is the only hotel you should consider. It was truly a great experience, and I can't wait for my next stay.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo