“Great one night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great one night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here for one night after my company holiday party in Boston. We stayed in a city side king room on the 7th floor. The bathroom was amazing with a large soaking tub and glass shower. The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed. We greatly enjoyed using the pool, which was so warm! The steam room in the women's locker room was also very nice. The staff was helpful and friendly. A great little escape from the December chill.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

My mother and I stayed overnight at the Intercontinental on the Spa package. The hotel is beautiful, staff friendly, room large and well appointed. My only complaint was with a component of the service. The Spa package included complimentary fruit on arrival, a $50 spa credit and breakfast in the morning. When we arrived the gentleman who checked us in mentioned that we were there on the Spa package, but it was only later that I realized he had not shared any information with us. As we sat in the Spa a few hours later I found myself wondering did they forget our fruit or will it come later.....?(it came later). Then later in the evening I realized I didn't know where we were to have our breakfast. Then upon checkout I wondered if I should have checked the bill at the Spa to make sure they took off the $50 dollar spa credit, and was told that is done upon checkout. Finally, the woman checking us out overheard me mention to my mother that I thought I undertipped the breakfast waiter and would go back, and she informed me that the Spa package includes that gratuity. Definitely something I would have liked to know before the meal.
The Intercontinental is a lovely hotel, but for $400 per night, I would have liked a bit more service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sbloom
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear sbloom,

Thank you for your review and for staying at InterContinental Boston. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall experience however you are absolutely correct that you should have been informed of all details prior to the Spa service and breakfast. I understand your frustration with the lack of information provided at check-in and I regret that this hindered your visit. We do appreciate you sharing your feedback and have shared your comments with the team. I hope you will stay with us again in the future and allow us to exceed your expectations in all areas of the hotel!

Ian Pullan
InterContinental® Boston
Ian.Pullan@ihg.com
Brockton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I cannot say enough GREAT things about the staff at the Intercontinental. I planned & hosted my company Holiday party there recently. Allison Nieves (Event Manager), took wonderful care of us. She exceeded my customer service expectations (which is very high). Not only is the Hotel absolutely breathtaking, and classy, the views are amazing, and the the food is devine. It's in the heart of the Financial/Waterfront district, which is great not only for visitors, but business professionals as well.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
InterConBos, Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Hi Keisa!

Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I had a lot of fun planning your holiday party, and am looking forward to working with you on future events!

Allison Neves
Food & Beverage Events & Promotions Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I travel to Boston for work about once or twice a month for the last 5 years and have stayed at almost every decent hotel in the area and the Intercontinental has quickly become my favorite – and pretty much the only place I stay now. Not only is it my choice for business travel but is also where I stay for weekend trips with the family. Although this is a high-end hotel, it is also very kid-friendly.

The hotel itself is modern, with every amenity. The rooms are clean and built out with high-end material. Probably my favorite thing is the bathroom – you can’t beat the large, glass enclosed shower. I wish I had the same thing in my house. The beds are also super comfortable. The hotel sits in great location and is in walking distance to everything in the financial district / Faneuil Hall. The rear of Hotel faces the Boston harbor.

But by far and away the best feature of the Intercontinental is the staff – which includes everyone from the wonderful front desk staff, room service to housekeeping. I have stayed at every major hotel in Boston and have never been made to feel so welcome. After several repeat visits a couple folks there learned my name – and didn’t forget it when I came back. The staff is the principal reason why I keep coming back. Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the Ambassador program.
2 Thank Frank C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed at the intercontinental boston for two nights three days with family. Superior suite (ambassador membership upgrade) was plenty spacious enough for 4 of us and the view of boston water front from the room was definitely a bonus. Friendly staff from front desk to ambassador desk, club room staff to cleaning crew...made everyone in my family feel welcome. Breakfast and snacks in the club room were a big hit with the kids and we had a very good dinner at Miel's one night (went to Wagamama the other night...short walk from hotel). Made good use of the indoor pool on this trip too. Parking is a little pricey, but the hotel itself is well worth paying a little more (we usually park elsewhere when we stay here, but with the snow storm, decided to valet which was the right call).

Room Tip: If you need 2 rooms to accomdate kids, inquire about their suites instead...ours was 1200 sf with se...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SkiFishSkiFish
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

The entire staff made us feel welcomed and went out of their way to accommodate us. Everyone greeted us with a smile. When we talked to the staff you could tell they enjoyed their jobs. The property is first class and made our trip perfect. The only problem was it was too short. Definitely will stay there on next trip to Boston.

Green Features: Our waiter in the dinning room talked about the environmental policies of the hotel. I was impressed due to I am in the environmental business.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charby56
Thionville, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I just spent one week in this hotel and I strongly recommend it to you!
Excellent service and very nice room ( big size and very well équiped).
The Intercontinental Club Lounge is a must!!! All kind of food and drinks for every tastes. Healthy choices available. Special thanks to Dagmar, Mohamed and Jeorges for their kindness and professionalism. :-) Thé welcome each guest with a special care. A real 5* hotel!!! I spent more than 100 nights in various hotels this year in business trips and the Intercontinental is one of the top 3!
Thanks a lot to everyone. I will be delighted to come back!
Nathalie

Room Tip: Ask a room with river view.
Green Features: Good involment. Towels and sheets are only changed when you ask it.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles