“Luxury and convenience !”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
“Luxury and convenience !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding.. Which was beautiful, lovely couple and the services that the hotel provided were outstanding. The food was elegant and delicious. The room had a great view of the city. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and luxurious. The location of this hotel is fantastic, you are walking distance to many great attractions in Boston, and the North End.

• Stayed October 2013
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Snowchickens,

Thank you very much for the positive review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the wedding celebration; we certainly take pride in our outstanding team and spectacular venue for such a special occasion. I appreciate your wonderful feedback and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Boston.

Ian Pullan
InterContinental® Boston
Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Such a great hotel! It made for a comfortable and relaxing getaway. Our room had a great view of the city and everywhere we needed to go was easily accessible. Make sure to grab a meal at miel--it's a real treat.

• Stayed February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

As a long-time Bostonian I don't get to sample Boston hotels beyond the infrequent visit to a hotel bar, restaurant or function hall for a wedding or event. But as a frequent work traveler I have been fortunate enough to stay in some of the finest accommodations across the country (and world). To that end, I have rather high expectations when I stay in a hotel... I am pleased to report that the Intercontinental completely surpassed my expectations. Words cannot begin to describe how impressed I was by the entire experience - from the moment I walked through the doors I instantly felt like I was escaping the cold Boston winter and entering an oasis of calm, impeccable service, and beautiful design & furnishings. The room itself was spacious and modern, and the products in the bathroom were top notch.. I'm still using the shampoo and conditioner! I was lucky enough to sample the lunch menu at Miel, a gorgeous and intimate French restaurant that ranks among the best in Boston. LOVE LOVE the fact that they harvest their own honey on-site (it was delicious). The staff at the hotel made every effort to make me feel special and taken care of - it's really service like this that makes a hotel experience memorable. There is no other place in Boston that I will recommend for out-of-town visitors and clients in the future! Thank you Intercontinental for making a dreary Boston weekend so incredibly special!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We hosted a meeting at this property and was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. The food! The food was fantastic both in the restaurants and in banquets. The Honey Rosemary Naan Bread is intoxicating. All of the staff members with which I interacted were pleasant and very helpful. To note, the housekeeping staff were so sweet. Even though I was there for work, I was transported to a calm environment every time I entered my room. I hope to return possibly for a fun vacation one day, but until then, this hotel has entered my top 10 list both for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Waterside views are nice but I wouldn't pay additional for them.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

There were a few things about our reservation that got a bit screwed up. But there were two hotel employees that stood out as so helpful, pleasant, and friendly, that we forgot about the other stuff quickly.

Charles -- he is the gentleman that coordinates the 12th floor club. He went out of his way to be accommodating in several ways, and additionally (maybe more importantly?), he took time to make a meaningful personal connection with us. His positive demeanor and friendliness were very much noticed and appreciated. Awesome guy.

Natascha - she was the manager on duty. When we asked her questions about the things that had gone wrong with our reservation, she handled them extremely professionally, and even went beyond that. She brought us in her office, spoke calmly and with a smile, let us speak our minds openly, and immediately took action to resolve everything. You could tell that she genuinely cared about our satisfaction as hotel guests.

Definitely recommend the hotel to anyone in the Boston area. Close to Little Italy for good eats, and the hotel has the best gym set up that I have seen in a long time.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed in this property for one night recently on a business trip to Boston. Had a great room on the 8th floor facing the park and fire department across the way. Service was swift and professional, and the room itself was fairly large and incredibly modern. Lighting was top notch, and the radio had background music at the touch of a button. The room I stayed in had both a tub and a shower, and the water pressure was excellent in both. The shower had two shower heads, and the bathtub even had a shower head.

This place is definitely luxurious. The room itself had a bed, a chair, and a desk. Good for business, but I felt it was missing a couch where you could watch TV. The bed was fairly standard, but comfortable. I slept well. One element that did not bother me but may bother some was the noise from the street. Look - you're staying in the city, so you should expect some noise. But with all that said, there was some constant fire truck noise, probably from the fire station across the street. Also, the blinds did not close all the way, and the light in the morning is almost as good as the view!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Haverhill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

Five stars for all aspects from check in to dining. Adam the concierge and Steve the bellman are fantastic. would not hesitate to stay multiple times. them gym and spa are top notch. Miel has great food

thanks I con and staff

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Vince B,

Thank you for the compliments, I’m thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay and were able to use so many of the outlets our hotel has to offer. We certainly hold ourselves to very high standards and I appreciate the five star review and feedback. Please stay with us again soon!

Ian Pullan