“Sophistication Meets Service”

Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
“Sophistication Meets Service”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I travel every week for work and I typically stay at Starwood properties as a preferred guest. I went out on a limb and decided to try the Intercontinental because it was closer to my meetings. From arrival to departure I was amazed by the level of service. I was greeted as if I had been staying there for years. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable, professional, and went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed.
I will be returning and looking to try other Intercontinental properties because of my experience in Boston!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennifer P
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Jennifer P,

Thank you for the outstanding compliments, we are so happy to be your new hotel in Boston! Our high service standards are extremely important to us and I appreciate your recognition of this. We are thrilled to have you join us at other InterContinental hotels and if you are not already an IHG Rewards Club member I would recommend joining for additional benefits and privileges!

Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (896)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Boston121
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband and I just got home from celebrating his bday at the IC. We stayed one night at the club level. The hotel was beautiful and relaxing and we thought the club level was worth the extra money. I did not give this property 5 stars since our room (1209) which was supposed to be a water view was really a partial water view at best (more of a view of another close building) and the window in the bathroom is strange and should have been a wall for more privacy. Otherwise, its a great property and which we hope to stay in again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that either faces the water or the city and avoid rooms that face the building next t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Boston121,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Boston for your husband’s recent birthday celebration. We appreciate your great feedback regarding our hotel and facilities. It is very important to us that our guests receive exactly what they anticipate and I’m truly sorry that your room category did not match your expectations; we will re-evaluate this with our team immediately. I hope you'll stay with us again in the future so that we have the chance to exceed your expectations in all areas!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental Boston this week and were thoroughly impressed with the customer service, cleanliness, location, and amenities of this hotel. The staff was courteous and helpful and the room/suite was immaculate. We would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family!

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding.. Which was beautiful, lovely couple and the services that the hotel provided were outstanding. The food was elegant and delicious. The room had a great view of the city. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and luxurious. The location of this hotel is fantastic, you are walking distance to many great attractions in Boston, and the North End.

• Stayed October 2013
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Snowchickens,

Thank you very much for the positive review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the wedding celebration; we certainly take pride in our outstanding team and spectacular venue for such a special occasion. I appreciate your wonderful feedback and hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Boston.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Such a great hotel! It made for a comfortable and relaxing getaway. Our room had a great view of the city and everywhere we needed to go was easily accessible. Make sure to grab a meal at miel--it's a real treat.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 20 February 2014

As a long-time Bostonian I don't get to sample Boston hotels beyond the infrequent visit to a hotel bar, restaurant or function hall for a wedding or event. But as a frequent work traveler I have been fortunate enough to stay in some of the finest accommodations across the country (and world). To that end, I have rather high expectations when I stay in a hotel... I am pleased to report that the Intercontinental completely surpassed my expectations. Words cannot begin to describe how impressed I was by the entire experience - from the moment I walked through the doors I instantly felt like I was escaping the cold Boston winter and entering an oasis of calm, impeccable service, and beautiful design & furnishings. The room itself was spacious and modern, and the products in the bathroom were top notch.. I'm still using the shampoo and conditioner! I was lucky enough to sample the lunch menu at Miel, a gorgeous and intimate French restaurant that ranks among the best in Boston. LOVE LOVE the fact that they harvest their own honey on-site (it was delicious). The staff at the hotel made every effort to make me feel special and taken care of - it's really service like this that makes a hotel experience memorable. There is no other place in Boston that I will recommend for out-of-town visitors and clients in the future! Thank you Intercontinental for making a dreary Boston weekend so incredibly special!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We hosted a meeting at this property and was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. The food! The food was fantastic both in the restaurants and in banquets. The Honey Rosemary Naan Bread is intoxicating. All of the staff members with which I interacted were pleasant and very helpful. To note, the housekeeping staff were so sweet. Even though I was there for work, I was transported to a calm environment every time I entered my room. I hope to return possibly for a fun vacation one day, but until then, this hotel has entered my top 10 list both for business and pleasure.

Room Tip: Waterside views are nice but I wouldn't pay additional for them.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business