“Beautiful Place,amazing staff!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Colchester, Connecticut
“Beautiful Place,amazing staff!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I recently took my mother to Boston to visit my daughters. They both live in the city. We stayed at the Intercontinental on a recommendation. We were so impressed with the beauty of this place. The staff was absolutely amazing as everyone was very friendly and accommodating and made us feel right at home. The service of the staff was one of the friendliest and professional I have come across in my travels. I am looking forward to coming back and enjoying another stay. I am happy to say I will certainly recommend this beautiful place and can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Loved the street view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Waterford, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My sisters, a nephew and myself were in Boston last weekend and normally stay near Faneuil Hall. My niece recently moved to the North End and suggested the InterContinental, (walking distance from her new apartment). When we arrived, we were checked in by both Sam and Samual, (3 reservations). These gentlemen were so professional and sympathetic to our visit. (Normally our trips to Boston are for fun, but unfortunately this time we were moving my niece and her husband into their new apartment due to the major fire that destroyed their old one.) Steve was our luggage handler and not only was very professional, but also offered some wonderful suggestions for restaurants.
After a visit to their new place, we returned to a lovely bottle of champagne and a plate of fresh fruit! The rooms were immaculate and the bathrooms absolutely incredible. (My nephew 6'4" actually took a bath and stretched out his legs in the tub!) He was in heaven! Almost midnight that night when we finally got back to the room, we realized we needed a refrigerator to put our pastries in and I called down to the desk to request one. Luis came up promptly with one and set it up for us. His professionalism was also second to none.
We were within walking distance to South Station! Even with luggage, there was no need for a cab, it was less than 2 blocks. We were able to save a lot of money on taxis, because we were able to walk everywhere from there!
I have stayed in many Hotels in and around Boston over the past 5 years and I've never been treated so wonderfully! As of now, I'll never stay anywhere else.
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to check out the spa nor Sunday's breakfast buffet, but I will next time!

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room, but we happened to be on the ninth floor across from the fire statio...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie M
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Julie M,

Thank you for the outstanding review and compliments! I can’t tell you how great it is to know that so many different colleagues in all areas of the hotel helped to make your visit such a memorable one. Your comments have been shared with our entire team and everyone is very appreciative of your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Boston.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My girlfriend and I live in Boston and spend New Year's eve here every year. The rooms are awesome. The service is amazing. The spa/pool/workout is cool. Basically an all around awesome place to stay. I would not stay anywhere else in downtown Boston.

Food in the hotel:

The sushi restaurant is great, love the room service, the restaurant with the bar is just okay (drinks are good, food is meh), and we have never tried the French restaurant. We actually go next door to Trade for dinner when staying at the InterContinental. Trade is amazing, you should try it if you're staying here and want an incredible dinner without having to go more than a few steps away.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VacationDumb
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear VacationDumb,

We’re honored to be your annual New Year’s “staycation” spot and truly appreciate your loyalty to our InterContinental Boston. Your feedback on the restaurants is much appreciated; please know that our menus are constantly changing and we did just launch a new concept in the second bar area which boasts a list of 60 Vodkas and some creative dishes to go along with those. If you have the chance to try this out I think you will find it is a nice addition – we hope you have the chance to come back again before New Years Eve!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

i had an amazing stay at intercontinental boston. was supposed to be there for 4 nights but due to snow storm i had to extend my stay for an extra night. it was unfortunate my stay in Austin (my next destination after Boston had to be cut short) but nevertheless the staff were so friendly my extended stay was worth it. Before my arrival I already read about this special staff Anna on trip advisor too. She happened to be the one who checked me in. As per what I read, she was friendly. She made me so welcomed on arrival. The staff members at the Club Lounge namely Charles, Dagmar and Mohamed were extremely friendly. These three persons made my stay so enjoyable. Thanks guys. Evan, the Guest Relations Supervisor, made sure everything was in place prior to my arrival. He even made contact via email to ensure that my room was ready for my arrival. Other staff members Peter and Ophelia were very friendly and helpful too when engaged. I highly recommend this intercontinental if you plan a trip to Boston. The hotel is just approx 3-4 minute walk from Boston South Station. From there, you can catch a train to many places of interest. Chinatown is about 15 minute walk from the hotel if you fancy great options of asian food. From the airport you can also catch a silver line bus to the hotel which stops at South Station and vice versa if you are catching a public transport to the airport. A weekly pass allows you to get on trains and buses (silver line) as many times as possible within 7 days and it only costs you $18.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any rooms especially with ice-machine on every floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Bedford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My family, with two boys 9-12, stayed 2 nights this week. We were impressed with the cleaniness of the room, spacious/luxury bath room, swimming pool and location. As ambassador member, we got an upgrade to suite at floor 10 from originally booked waterview room. It has great view of small harbor! The room is very quite, and you get a great rest at night. We spent wonderful time in the pool at 2nd floor, which is at the far end of fitness center. Kids enjoyed playing there. Breakfast in Miel restaurant is great too. Location of this hotel is quite convenient. You can easily walk two blocks to enter subway station or walk about 0.7 miles to boston downtown area. One day we choose taking subway to go to downtown, and the other day we decided to walk there. Valvet parking is great service with not-cheap $44 sticker/day. Staff is friendly and efficient. It looks there is no nearby parking garage option on the atlantic avenue.
A few things I feel IC can improve.
1. It seems the front desk staff was not familar about benefit of ambassador membership. I have been plantinum member of priority club in the past, and only upgrade to ambassador status very recently. Front desk staff did not advise me what is the benefit I can have during the check-in. But again, once I called them to inquire about it, they did show very quick service and professionalism, exa, I finally get the mineral water/fruit welcome package. I have statyed in other ICs and hilton/westin chain hotels; I was always welcomed with member package.
2. In the room, there is no brochure decribing amenity of the hotels except spa service. You have to call the front desk to find out where and when for the facility/service. For new visitors to the hotel, I feel it is not convenient. I guess the hotel tries to save paper for environmental purpose.
Overall, it is a great experience. I do hope next time I visit IC it can get my 5-star.

Room Tip: higher floor room has less noise from the street, and waterview room is even better.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank guangli588
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear guangli588,

Many thanks for your detailed review and feedback, we are glad that you and your family had a nice visit with us. I am especially thrilled with your impression of the guestrooms, bathrooms, spa area and restaurants.
Your comments are duly noted regarding the arrival experience and this concern absolutely valid. I apologize that you were not given ample information upon check-in about the ambassador benefits as we do take this program very seriously. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and ensure an overall 5-star experience.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is my go-to place for leisure traveling when staying in Boston. You just can't beat the beautiful, quiet rooms here. The front desk is always friendly and super helpful. I always seem to get a nice upgrade with is always appreciated. The views of the water are awesome. Not a big fan of the sliding window between bathroom and bed though. I had to check-in quickly and did not have time to go to the room first so they offered to bring my luggage up for me. This was really appreciated. I love the Keurig maker in the room and the bathroom amenities are always useful. As usual, I look forward to my next stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms with a water view are the best!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Went in October with 2 other couples. The location of this hotel is perfect, we all love the water so it's nice to be right beside it. It's a great walk to little italy and a pretty close walk to the downtown area, Boston Common and the large mall. With the architecture this city has to offer, I'd rather walk 30 minutes and take it all in than jump in a cab. This gym is a fantastic hotel gym and the steam room was also great. The room are top-notch. Very spacious, bathrooms are well stocked, super clean. The lounge is awesome. Probably one of the liveliest lounges I've ever been at, a GREAT place to have a few late-night drinks. Great music, fun people. I've stayed at the Boston Harbour Hotel and while I do think that's better, this is a CLOSE second and I'm not sure if BHH is worth the extra cash.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear drewsntravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. It sounds like you made the most of your visit and were able to take advantage of the wonderful things both the hotel and city have to offer! I hope you’ll stay with us again on your next visit to Boston.