“Helpful and excellent staff”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have been to Boston a few times and this was by far my best experience for accommodation. The hotel is excellently located next to the waterfront, lovely rooms and the staff were so helpful and friendly. I would like to thank Natasha in particular

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have stayed here a dozen times and it is by far our favorite hotel in Boston. Being on the waterfront does not hurt either. The service is second to none. The view from our suite was gorgeous. There is a great variety in their restaurants too. If you want to have a great time in Boston and such a great location this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: If you can get a waterfront view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Robert H,

Many thanks for the terrific review; we appreciate your taking the time to review InterContinental Boston. Exceptional service is our top priority and I am very glad that this has been your impression upon your visits. We are thrilled to be your favorite hotel in Boston, please stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a newer hotel in great condition located on the water. Check-in was fast and desk staff was pleasant and polite.

Room was great with a comfortable king bed and a massive desk. The fridge was fully stocked but would automatically charge you if you removed anything from it so we did try putting any of our things in it. Bathroom had a shower whose hot water was slow to warm up but did get quite hot. The separate tub was deep and comfortable.

The only oddity was the sliding panels that separated the room from the bathroom. Why have them is my first question. However if you are going to have them why have translucent panels in them? When you turn on a light in the bathroom in the middle of the night, it floods the bedroom with light. I suggest asking for a night light so that you do not wake whoever is still trying to sleep.

The pool is relaxing and not too cold. We would have like it if they had a Jacuzzi but they did not. We spent some time reading by the pool which was relaxing. Exercise equipment was top notch.

The hotel is walking distance to several good Irish pubs, the Aquarium and Quincy market.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I recently took my mother to Boston to visit my daughters. They both live in the city. We stayed at the Intercontinental on a recommendation. We were so impressed with the beauty of this place. The staff was absolutely amazing as everyone was very friendly and accommodating and made us feel right at home. The service of the staff was one of the friendliest and professional I have come across in my travels. I am looking forward to coming back and enjoying another stay. I am happy to say I will certainly recommend this beautiful place and can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Loved the street view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My sisters, a nephew and myself were in Boston last weekend and normally stay near Faneuil Hall. My niece recently moved to the North End and suggested the InterContinental, (walking distance from her new apartment). When we arrived, we were checked in by both Sam and Samual, (3 reservations). These gentlemen were so professional and sympathetic to our visit. (Normally our trips to Boston are for fun, but unfortunately this time we were moving my niece and her husband into their new apartment due to the major fire that destroyed their old one.) Steve was our luggage handler and not only was very professional, but also offered some wonderful suggestions for restaurants.
After a visit to their new place, we returned to a lovely bottle of champagne and a plate of fresh fruit! The rooms were immaculate and the bathrooms absolutely incredible. (My nephew 6'4" actually took a bath and stretched out his legs in the tub!) He was in heaven! Almost midnight that night when we finally got back to the room, we realized we needed a refrigerator to put our pastries in and I called down to the desk to request one. Luis came up promptly with one and set it up for us. His professionalism was also second to none.
We were within walking distance to South Station! Even with luggage, there was no need for a cab, it was less than 2 blocks. We were able to save a lot of money on taxis, because we were able to walk everywhere from there!
I have stayed in many Hotels in and around Boston over the past 5 years and I've never been treated so wonderfully! As of now, I'll never stay anywhere else.
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to check out the spa nor Sunday's breakfast buffet, but I will next time!

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room, but we happened to be on the ninth floor across from the fire statio...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie M
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Julie M,

Thank you for the outstanding review and compliments! I can’t tell you how great it is to know that so many different colleagues in all areas of the hotel helped to make your visit such a memorable one. Your comments have been shared with our entire team and everyone is very appreciative of your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Boston.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My girlfriend and I live in Boston and spend New Year's eve here every year. The rooms are awesome. The service is amazing. The spa/pool/workout is cool. Basically an all around awesome place to stay. I would not stay anywhere else in downtown Boston.

Food in the hotel:

The sushi restaurant is great, love the room service, the restaurant with the bar is just okay (drinks are good, food is meh), and we have never tried the French restaurant. We actually go next door to Trade for dinner when staying at the InterContinental. Trade is amazing, you should try it if you're staying here and want an incredible dinner without having to go more than a few steps away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VacationDumb

Dear VacationDumb,

We’re honored to be your annual New Year’s “staycation” spot and truly appreciate your loyalty to our InterContinental Boston. Your feedback on the restaurants is much appreciated; please know that our menus are constantly changing and we did just launch a new concept in the second bar area which boasts a list of 60 Vodkas and some creative dishes to go along with those. If you have the chance to try this out I think you will find it is a nice addition – we hope you have the chance to come back again before New Years Eve!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

i had an amazing stay at intercontinental boston. was supposed to be there for 4 nights but due to snow storm i had to extend my stay for an extra night. it was unfortunate my stay in Austin (my next destination after Boston had to be cut short) but nevertheless the staff were so friendly my extended stay was worth it. Before my arrival I already read about this special staff Anna on trip advisor too. She happened to be the one who checked me in. As per what I read, she was friendly. She made me so welcomed on arrival. The staff members at the Club Lounge namely Charles, Dagmar and Mohamed were extremely friendly. These three persons made my stay so enjoyable. Thanks guys. Evan, the Guest Relations Supervisor, made sure everything was in place prior to my arrival. He even made contact via email to ensure that my room was ready for my arrival. Other staff members Peter and Ophelia were very friendly and helpful too when engaged. I highly recommend this intercontinental if you plan a trip to Boston. The hotel is just approx 3-4 minute walk from Boston South Station. From there, you can catch a train to many places of interest. Chinatown is about 15 minute walk from the hotel if you fancy great options of asian food. From the airport you can also catch a silver line bus to the hotel which stops at South Station and vice versa if you are catching a public transport to the airport. A weekly pass allows you to get on trains and buses (silver line) as many times as possible within 7 days and it only costs you $18.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any rooms especially with ice-machine on every floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo