“Great hotel with the most pleasant smell!”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Ightham
“Great hotel with the most pleasant smell!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

There was a wonderful smell in the reception and lift areas. Sam on reception was very friendly and full marks for giving us the interconnecting rooms we had requested. Another chain in New York couldn't do this on the first part if our trip. Great pool and facilities.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ightham1
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear lghtham1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate your recognition of Sam at the Front Desk; it is our priority to provide a top-notch experience which starts at check-in and honoring all requests as best as possible. Furthermore, the lobby scent is called “white ginger ylang”, one of our favorites – glad to hear you enjoyed it and I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Boston.

Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental over the weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, modern, and comfortable. The bathrooms were quite large. The only odd thing, was there were sliding windows that opened up between the bathroom and bedroom. It didn't bother me, but it doesn't leave much privacy between the bed/bathroom. I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Close to pax east convention. Great location. Superior service. Beds were a little hard for my like. Great pillows. Quiet rooms. Got a great deal on Hotwire. Food at room service was a little pricey for me and not great choices for kids,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My teenage son and I came to Boston for a weekend PAX 2014 convention. While he would be at the convention center, I planned to do some touring. I've been to Boston many times, so finding new places or catching up on current events was important to me. That translates to having a smart and knowledgeable concierge. The Intercontinental has a superb concierge staff. In particular I worked with Adam Castiglioini. This guy was amazing! He knew the hours of museums and days they were open off the top of his head, the public library exhibits (always changing and fabulous), travel routes and cool restaurants. He carefully mapped out routes and gave me travel information. Just what I needed. Also, Adam, Marc Simoneau, and the other concierge staff were pleasant, patient, and took the time to listen.

1 Thank SusanD10019
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear SusanD10019,

We are thrilled to hear that you and your son had such a wonderful weekend here with us. Adam and the rest of our concierge team are extremely knowledgeable and we love to hear how much our guests appreciate their expertise! Thank you for sharing your outstanding feedback, I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Boston.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our stay began in a bumpy fashion, but eventually worked out. We stayed here April 2014 for my son to attend PAX East. We checked in approx. 2 pm, on a Thursday, they did not have our room ready, we went to eat a late lunch in their restaurant and the gal from the front desk brought our room keys to us. The problem was they gave us a street view room and we had reserved a waterfront room. She was very nice but unable to provide the room we had requested and said maybe we can switch you tomorrow. We went to our room and it was a nice corner room, but right across the street from the fire station, and overlooked a roof. I went back down to the desk and talked to Annica, I believe her name was, who helped us immensely. It took some doing but she got us a beautiful water facing room on the 8th floor.
(A personal pet peeve is hotels who book you ahead of time into the type of room you request, and then can't provide the accommodations you were expecting)
All of the staff, (including the gal who checked us in) were professional, and friendly. Bell services and the concierge staff were very helpful, thank you all.
Our room was large, clean, and had a beautiful view. Very nice large bathroom.
It was in a great location for us, we walked to Faneuil Hall, the convention center, and the aquarium, all within a 6-8 block walk.
We did not have time for much sight seeing, but I have heard it is easy to get to many areas of the city from here.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view and quiet of the waterfront side.
Dear Cindy B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I do regret that your initial impression was less than perfect, I am very happy to know that Annica was able to move you to a preferable room. We know how important it is to provide an experience that not only matches but exceeds your expectations. Thank you for choosing our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future for a flawless experience from the start.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights in a waterfront room. Accommodation superb, big room, floor to ceiling windows.

Separate bath and big walk in shower. Not a huge fan of opening shutters between bathroom and room itself. Not needed as a "quirk" for me as room and facilities are excellent in themselves.

Concierge service helpful and friendly and hotel well positioned in Boston in terms of amenities.

Happy to recommend for anyone staying in Boston.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lawrence B
Dear Lawrence B,

Many thanks for your review and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I do understand that the sliding window between the bathroom and bedroom is not appealing to all our guests and I’m relieved that this was not too bothersome in the grand scheme of things. We appreciate your compliments of our concierge team and I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Boston.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

This place is worth the praise, cannot say enough good things of my experience at this hotel. There's a reason why so many others speak so highly of the place. The hotel staff were delightfully friendly and helpful, from check-in to restaurant staff to concierge services. The hotel's Zingle concierge SMS service was awesome! It was a super-easy way to communicate with the concierge while I was out and about in Boston and wanted recommendations for lunch, best lobster roll in town, or getting Red Sox tickets. (I may have abused my priviledges for the week.:) ) Special thanks to concierges Marc and Adam for attentively handling all of my inquiries and with good humor.

Other pluses...Location is great. We enjoyed nice walk to North End area for excellent seafood. The sushi at the hotel restaurant was also quite good.

Tip: Upgrading to access to the Club InterContinental Lounge is probably worth the splurge if you're celebrating a special occasion or just want some added comfort during your stay. Thanks to Charles in the lounge for the conversation and treating us so well while we were there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business