“Amazing hotel in great location!”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed here with my wife, 5 year old son and 4 year old daughter for 2 nights. The hotel was terrific, and the club intercontinental was totally worth the extra money. My kids are perpetually hungry, so it was nice to pop into the lounge for a snack before bedtime or throughout the day. It is really close to south station so we were able to get everywhere we needed to go easily. The children's museum is right around the corner and an easy walk, even for a 4 and 5 year old.
We will definitely be going back again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ctbrd03
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Ctbrd03,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments and feedback. We take great pride in being a family-friendly hotel and of course our proximity to the Children’s Museum doesn’t hurt! I hope you’ll have a chance to stay with us again this summer and take advantage of our Summer Activities Guide which includes a variety of great indoors and outdoor activities for adults and children throughout the week.

Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,696)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here with my husband and two small children for a quick visit to Boston. We thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. The staff was very accommodating and kind. The rooms were well appointed and clean. The pool was a big hit with the kids. It is centrally located to most of Boston. We will be back!
The concierge level was worth the extra money. Breakfast and snacks were tasty.

Room Tip: Go with concierge level
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My first stay at this Hotel in boston .I am a Priority Platinum member so was treated as such at check in ,except we were not offered and upgrade{ lounge water view etc} which normally the do at other properties.They only have valet parking which is so expensive $40 per day ridicoulous.
First Impression of hotel luxury active bar and restaurant did not eat or drink there ,honestly an expense account is needed because everything is pricey.Beautiful patio overlooking the water really scenic view
Our room overlooked the building next door it was extra for waterview !! Room was well appointed huge bathroom with bath and shower ,the nicest bathroom I have ever seen!!!
We used pool with the kids small but nice awkward entance through the spa.
My kids asked the concierge where to get ice cream he was very helpfull even called the yogurt place ast south station to see if was open still very nice
Cant beat the location walked to quincy market, Fanuiel Hall ,Aquarium and imax
Eat at Mr Dooleys and panera for breakfast

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear bruziks,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your first visit with us, thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to IHG I do hope you enjoyed the Rewards Club benefits; while a complimentary upgrade is not included in this program, we do find that guests are very satisfied with the Wi-Fi, turndown service and preferred discounts throughout the hotel. We thank you for the compliments of our state of the art facilities and concierge team. I hope you will stay with us again on a future visit to Boston.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at the Intercontinental with my fiancee for a night away on April 17th. The staff at the front desk was very hospitable. The room was an awesome size, clean and had everything we needed. We ended up eating at Miel, Paul was our server. He was AWESOME! He made suggestions on food as well as had an excellent grasp on the various wines they had on the menu. He even let us try an after dinner wine that paired with the dessert we got. A lot of restaurants rush you out the door during dinner time, I never felt rushed and it was quite the relaxing dinner. Both the Lobster and Rib Eye were cooked to perfection! After dinner we went to RumBa and it was a very nice place and the drinks were delicious. Very impressive selection of Rum and I look forward to going back and trying other different drinks they had. Overall it was an excellent trip and when we go back to Boston I would stay here over anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikeberman1981

Dear mikeberman1981,

It is such a pleasure to read your wonderful review. The title alone says it all and we cannot thank you enough for sharing your outstanding feedback. I’m thrilled (but not surprised) that Paul helped to make your dining experience such a seamless and enjoyable one. Our food & beverage team works very hard to provide outstanding recommendations and options and we thank you for recognizing this. We, too, look forward to welcoming you back for another visit and to try even more cocktails at RumBa!

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Paid a very high price as it was the marathon weekend but it was the cheapest we could get in Boston for the night. Sam at the front desk was very helpful and I think we were given an upgrade as we had a water view. Room was gorgeous and spacious. Didn't really like the partition between the bedroom and bathroom and it meant the if someone put on the bathroom light in the middle of the night it lit up the whole room. You pay for everything in the hotel, even wifi in your room and it doesn't come cheap. Food prices are also very high and so we had breakfast in a local cafe ( also recommended by the front staff). Reading other reviews here I think we were lucky with the room we got. If we had paid the same money for a lesser room then I probably would have not enjoyed it as much and felt it was completely over priced. Be sure you know what type of room you are getting

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paulspoon
Reviewed 23 April 2014

While I'm sure tourists do stay here, when I was there the place seemed to be focused on being a business hotel. Check in and out was a breeze. Had a nice room on one of the top floors with a sideway view of where the Boston Tea Party happened. The bathroom was surprisingly spacious. As I wasn't there long enough to check out the surroundings, it seemed like the area died down after business hours. But it is a nice short walk from the Amtrak station. While I'm not sure if I would stay here if I was sightseeing with my family, I had no qualms about staying here for work.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank rockland_ta
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear rockland_ta,

Many thanks for your review; your feedback is duly noted and I regret that we left you with the impression that we are primarily for business travelers. While our proximity to the Financial District does provide the convenience for these visitors, we pride ourselves in equally catering to our leisure guests! Our top-notch concierge team is extremely knowledgeable about all of the unique attractions that Boston has to offer (many of which are right in our neighborhood), and they are second to none at mapping out a perfect day in the city! Additionally, we offer a variety of services and activates in the hotel for both adults and children to enjoy and take advantage of our waterfront location. We will soon be publishing our Summer Activities Guide which is placed in all guest rooms and suggests daily events throughout the hotel for our guests to partake in. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future whether for business or pleasure!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Magnificent Boston Marathon weekend. Security was high and the city was swarming with runners and tourists. All was calm and lovely at the Intercontinental Boston. Furnishing of the room and bath was beautiful. View out over the Children's Museum and the Boston Tea Party ships was a delight at night and as the sun came up.

Room Tip: We were on 7th floor on a corner with cityscape view and it was lovely.
1  Thank Carolyn A

Dear Carolyn A,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. It was our top priority to ensure that our guests felt safe and secure throughout the busy marathon weekend and I am very happy to hear that this was reflected upon your stay. We appreciate your compliments of our top notch facilities and hope to welcome you back again very soon!