“Perfect room; love the spa!” 5 of 5 bubbles

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Anderson, South Carolina
“Perfect room; love the spa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We frequent Intercontinental Hotels because they are always beautifully appointed and provide excellent customer service. This visit was better than the last. We had dinner in the French restaurant - very good. We used the spa each day and I purchased clothing at the shop. Although there are other upscale choices, I will stick with Intercontinental because in the high end market, I think it's the best value for the money. When we return to Boston we'll stay at the Intercontinental.

Room Tip: If you're a frequent traveler, purchase the Intercontinental Ambassador Club membership. It'...
Green Features: Hotel is environmentally-friendly, but not over bearing. Towels and bedding changed upon request.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Vhinnant,

It is a pleasure to read your wonderful review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am very happy to know that you were able to take advantage of so many of our hotel’s offerings and especially glad that you enjoyed dinner in Miel; we recently updated the menu and offerings in the restaurant and love to receive such positive feedback on it. I am thrilled to know that you will continue to stay with us and other InterContinental hotels and very much appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Hope to see you again soon,

Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Blackstone, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Celebrated our 28 year wedding anniversary this weekend at the InterContinental, it was Fantastic! Hotel & staff were great. Kudos go to Jessica Brandt, our Concierge. Requested a nice tropical flower arrangement for my wife,received a beautiful one, Birds of Paradise and a great assortment. Our room (upgraded to a water view) was spacious, clean and very nice. Great location on the Boston waterfront, plenty to do & see, along with a huge choice for dining. Again Jessica came thru with last minute diner reservations, even had dessert sent to the table to end our meal. The evening was topped off when we returned and found a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting! Top notch in every way,would strongly recommend and absolutely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InterConBos, Concierge at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear williamno,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am so thrilled I was able to make your 28th wedding anniversary so memorable for you and I am especially glad that the flower arrangement came to be exactly what you wanted for your wife. It is always very rewarding when my team and I can do something extra special for our guests. We hope to see you in the near future at InterContinental Boston!

Jessie Brandt
Concierge
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just wrapped up a great stay at the Intercontinental and was really pleased with everything. Most importantly, the staff was friendly, efficient, and helpful and the hotel was spotless and clean. My room (one with a partial water view) was terrific - nice layout and bathroom. Outstanding big tv (perfect for watching sports) and speedy wifi. Ordered room service which arrived quickly and was delicious. There's a great outdoor bar for when the weather is nice (which it was this weekend). Would be very happy to stay here again.

Green Features: I hung up my towel but it was still replaced. Was a bit disappointed about that.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback, our team truly appreciates the wonderful review. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel including the brand new 55-inch guestroom televisions. In addition to being perfect for watching sports, they have the capability to hook up and stream your own media player as well!
We have also been very happy to finally see some sunshine for our guests to enjoy RumBa featuring Five-10 Waterfront and hope to see you back again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel in the financial distric replete with amenities that are reflective of its quality. I booked this hotel via a third party which can portend lesser attention. This was not to be the case for at checkin I was treated with the utmost curtesy and given a phenomenally spacious corner room with a bay view. The size of the room was unlike any other hotel I had visited in Boston previously and was as spacious as a room in Las Vegas. The bathroom was enormous with a seperate shower and bathtub. Indeed the bathroom was as large as some rooms in my excursions to New York. The pool and the workout center were commendable and reflective of the quality of the hotel. One additional perk is that the hotel is 2 blocks from the metro hub. That imparts that if you take the subway from the airport to the hotel, it is free. The admonition is that you will need to carry your luggage up one flight of stairs. In the end let me state that this is the best hotel I have stayed in when I visited Boston.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank mikefromla
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear mikefromla,

On behalf of my entire team, thank you very much for your outstanding review. We take pride in the outstanding quality of both our hotel and staff alike and I greatly appreciate your recognition of this. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again the next time you find yourself on the East Coast!

Haemeenlinna, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Unfortunately me and my husband stayed in this lovely hotel only for one night on our way back home to Europe, but it was enough to see that Intercontinental Boston really is a five star experience.

HOTEL: Huge, luxurious city hotel. Enormous lobby, relaxed couch areas and several restaurants and bars inside the hotel complex. Lots of staff helping guests around. Property very well maintained and spotless. If you arrive by car and want to drop off your luggage and check in before parking (also somewhere else that in hotel´s own garage), you can just drive in front of the hotel. There seemed to be always parking spots for quick drop offs and pick ups.

LOCATION: Hotel is located in Financial District east side of Boston just by the ocean on Waterfront. Neighborhood is packed with office buildings, but there´s only a short walk to downtown Boston and for example to Quincy Market. South Station Railway Station and T-station are also just few blocks away. Breakfast at the hotel was pretty expensive (something like 38USD), though it must have been delicious, so we went to have quick, cheap breakfast at Pret A Manger´s which is located two blocks from the hotel in the corner of Pearl St and Franklin St.

ROOM: We had the basic double room without city view. In this kind of tall hotel, city view must have been excellent choice. We skipped that anyway cause our short stay, but for longer stay it would have been nice. Room itself was huge. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel bed ever. In beautiful, white bathroom there was separate large bathtub and shower area and the size of that room was almost the same as typical european city hotel room. Window between bathroom and room itself was nice and made the whole area fell even more spacious. Room was very luxurious and I loved everything there but the fridge with that automatic billing thing. No chance to store own drinks or snacks.

SERVICE: Very polite and friendly, just what you can expect in this kind of five star hotel. Smooth check-in and check-out. Instant help with luggage upon arrival and quickly ordered taxi once we left to the airport.

We usually tend to stay in smaller, more unique and inexpensive hotels during our holidays, but if we would wanted to splurge next time traveling to Boston, I´m sure we would stay in Intercontinental again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Merimaria
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here with another couple for a long weekend. The service was great as was the room. Perfect location to walk to many great places in the city. I am looking forward to our next stay there in the new future!

Room Tip: The higher level the better the view!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cali13girl,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to provide your positive feedback. I’m very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us; we are certainly in a prime location! We, too, look forward to having you stay with us again soon – please do not hesitate to contact me directly if our team can be of any further assistance with arrangements.

Avon, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in a wonderful corner room overlooking the Harbor on the Club Level. The room was spacious and had a very comfortable King bed with an IPod dock on the nightstand. The bathroom included a large glass shower and separate soaking tub, each with luxurious bathing amenities. All of the staff we encountered were lovely people and went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay. The food and drink in the Club Lounge were delightful, as were the kind workers serving it. The location of the hotel was convenient for exploring the city, as it is two blocks from South Station and within walking distance to the Quincy Market area. We always stay at InterContinental if there's one in the city we are traveling to, and this one is our new favorite. Thank you for a wonderful stay, we will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple