“Gorgeous, clean, quiet and friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Gorgeous, clean, quiet and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our King room overlooking the Harbor was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and the view was great. The bathroom was huge - with a glass shower (great shower head) and a large tub with extra sprayer. The wooden shutters opened up over the tub and into the bedroom. If you are shy or self-conscious, this might not be for you. Otherwise it was a pretty neat feature. Adam at the Concierge desk was AWESOME! He took the time to talk to us and ask how our day/evening was, etc.. super friendly and genuine. Great location for walking to the water or further into town.

Room Tip: Don't get the room with the shutters between the room and bathroom if you are shy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (806)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I recently had my 50th birthday party in the beautiful champagne lounge in the Intercontinental hotel in Boston. Allison could not have been more helpful with the planning and my constant changes, I was really impressed with her professionalism and kind manner. The hotel staff from Joe who took care of my car, Sam who helped with my parents, David who was so pleasant and helpful and of course our bartender Dragon, who remembered every face and drink.
If you are looking for a fun, intimate room for your next party this is it, great ice bar, comfy sitting, large tv and great sound system
thanks to everyone who made me feel extra special on my birthday

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Frankie B,

Thank you for the compliments and wonderful review, and Happy Birthday to you! Our team is very appreciative of your kind words and recognition. I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful birthday celebration and honored that you chose to celebrate here with us. We hope to be your venue of choice for many more special occasions to come!

All the best,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights here last week. The room was spacious and clean. The gym was exceptional and location can't be beat. Our room was on the club level which helped. Charles the concierge was extremely helpful. This hotel is my new go-to for Boston! I would definitely venture out for drinks if that's on your schedule. I was less than thrilled with the hotel bar service.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We frequent Intercontinental Hotels because they are always beautifully appointed and provide excellent customer service. This visit was better than the last. We had dinner in the French restaurant - very good. We used the spa each day and I purchased clothing at the shop. Although there are other upscale choices, I will stick with Intercontinental because in the high end market, I think it's the best value for the money. When we return to Boston we'll stay at the Intercontinental.

Room Tip: If you're a frequent traveler, purchase the Intercontinental Ambassador Club membership. It'...
Green Features: Hotel is environmentally-friendly, but not over bearing. Towels and bedding changed upon request.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Vhinnant,

It is a pleasure to read your wonderful review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am very happy to know that you were able to take advantage of so many of our hotel’s offerings and especially glad that you enjoyed dinner in Miel; we recently updated the menu and offerings in the restaurant and love to receive such positive feedback on it. I am thrilled to know that you will continue to stay with us and other InterContinental hotels and very much appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Hope to see you again soon,

Blackstone, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Celebrated our 28 year wedding anniversary this weekend at the InterContinental, it was Fantastic! Hotel & staff were great. Kudos go to Jessica Brandt, our Concierge. Requested a nice tropical flower arrangement for my wife,received a beautiful one, Birds of Paradise and a great assortment. Our room (upgraded to a water view) was spacious, clean and very nice. Great location on the Boston waterfront, plenty to do & see, along with a huge choice for dining. Again Jessica came thru with last minute diner reservations, even had dessert sent to the table to end our meal. The evening was topped off when we returned and found a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting! Top notch in every way,would strongly recommend and absolutely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InterConBos, Concierge at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear williamno,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am so thrilled I was able to make your 28th wedding anniversary so memorable for you and I am especially glad that the flower arrangement came to be exactly what you wanted for your wife. It is always very rewarding when my team and I can do something extra special for our guests. We hope to see you in the near future at InterContinental Boston!

Jessie Brandt
Concierge
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just wrapped up a great stay at the Intercontinental and was really pleased with everything. Most importantly, the staff was friendly, efficient, and helpful and the hotel was spotless and clean. My room (one with a partial water view) was terrific - nice layout and bathroom. Outstanding big tv (perfect for watching sports) and speedy wifi. Ordered room service which arrived quickly and was delicious. There's a great outdoor bar for when the weather is nice (which it was this weekend). Would be very happy to stay here again.

Green Features: I hung up my towel but it was still replaced. Was a bit disappointed about that.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback, our team truly appreciates the wonderful review. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel including the brand new 55-inch guestroom televisions. In addition to being perfect for watching sports, they have the capability to hook up and stream your own media player as well!
We have also been very happy to finally see some sunshine for our guests to enjoy RumBa featuring Five-10 Waterfront and hope to see you back again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel in the financial distric replete with amenities that are reflective of its quality. I booked this hotel via a third party which can portend lesser attention. This was not to be the case for at checkin I was treated with the utmost curtesy and given a phenomenally spacious corner room with a bay view. The size of the room was unlike any other hotel I had visited in Boston previously and was as spacious as a room in Las Vegas. The bathroom was enormous with a seperate shower and bathtub. Indeed the bathroom was as large as some rooms in my excursions to New York. The pool and the workout center were commendable and reflective of the quality of the hotel. One additional perk is that the hotel is 2 blocks from the metro hub. That imparts that if you take the subway from the airport to the hotel, it is free. The admonition is that you will need to carry your luggage up one flight of stairs. In the end let me state that this is the best hotel I have stayed in when I visited Boston.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank mikefromla
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear mikefromla,

On behalf of my entire team, thank you very much for your outstanding review. We take pride in the outstanding quality of both our hotel and staff alike and I greatly appreciate your recognition of this. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again the next time you find yourself on the East Coast!