“Nice”

Ranked #4 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Beautiful hotel.

Great service for check-in and check-out. As elite ambassador card holder we were upgraded to the water view room which was lovely. Sushi restaurant downstairs was also lovely with real Japanese chefs. Housekeeping called us at 11pm at night for some silly reason, we were already asleep so we almost had a heart attack. Hotel did apologise for the call. lovely gym but not big enough for the hotel. Housekeeping is not great. very inconsistent.

If you want to go into shopping area, you have to either catch a taxi or take a train otherwise you end up walking for about 40mins. It was very easy to get to Harvard business school from here which was great for us.

Over all nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I usually go to intercontinental when travelling to US. Never came to this one until now. I found it very consistent in terms of brand. Room was great, but I had views to a wall that was 14 meters from my window (wasn't in the rooms description when I made my reservation). Apart from this, the rest was great. Will keep going to intercontiental in my following trips to US

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Miquel M,

It is wonderful to receive such a great compliment, we are proud to wave the InterContinental flag and remain consistent with our brand’s promise. Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Boston and for your loyalty to our family of hotels. Safe traveling!

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This is a modern building in the business district.
While probably great for meetings etc it wasn't the ideal place for a weekend away.
The staff was professional but not warm, food was outrageously priced (22.00 for a Caesar salad?) and the room set up wasn't ideal.
We booked this place because I had read it had big bathtubs and was centrally located.
Tub was not oversized-just deep, and though centrally located there wasn't much to walk to from here unless you were doing tourist things.
We took a cab most places and felt very out of place.
I travel regularly and most 4 and 5 star places make an effort to appeal to all types of travelers.
I didn't get that feeling. Actually it felt on the pretentious side.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank skyetraveler74
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear skyetraveler74,

We appreciate your candid feedback and are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your recent stay. We do consider our hotel to be a prime location for both business and leisure, with the increasingly popular Fort Point Channel & Seaport districts just behind us and abundance of museums, waterfront activities and restaurant options in the neighborhood. I regret that you did not find this to be the case and also that you found our bath tubs to be less than satisfactory; as many reviews have stated, the tubs are one of our most popular bathroom features.
While disappointing to read, we appreciate your comments and will use them to continue to improve as a hotel.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the intercontinental. We arrived by water taxi from the airport which was a great way to arrive particularly as it was such a beautiful day. The hotel interior was stunning and immaculate throughout. I had chosen a club room as it was our wedding anniversary and we loved the club lounge. Well worth the extra cost, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly without exception and a particular mention must go to the concierge Marc who made some excellent recommendations for restaurants and also helped my husband arrange flowers for me for our anniversary. The only disappointment was that the hotel didn't organise anything for our anniversary particularly as I had written to the manager when I first booked, and had read on here that special touches had been organised for other guests to celebrate their special occasions.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathyb1970
Reviewed 13 June 2014

A great business hotel near the boston harbor and CBD, near subway Red and Blue line, and South Train station. 5 mins walk to faneuil hall which is the main attraction in the area where you can find lots of restaurants and shops. Boston Commonwealth Park/Beacon hill/Greenline Park street is about 20 mins walk.

Big and bright rooms with modern touch. City or water view, but not really full front harbor view. The only hotel with that is the Boston Harbor Hotel but rooms there are much more aged and 'old school' taste.

Everything in the hotel is Intercontinental standard. Just curious why they don't use better coffee capsules such as nespresso in the room?

Room Tip: Corner room has better harbor view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Tony Z,

Many thanks for the wonderful review! It is a pleasure to hear that we are to the InterContinental standards and appreciate your comments regarding the in-room coffee brand which we will take into consideration when the time comes to re-evaluate this.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have just spend three nights there, this was my fourth stay at an Intercontinental world wide and it comes 4th. While it is a great hotel, nice rooms, very pretty bathrooms, a few things should be better or not happen in a hotel of this standard. I had two reservations because they had to be arranged that way covering 3 nights, and after the first night the keys stopped working. And that is despite me ensuring that the staff is aware of us staying in the same room for the next 2 nights on the second reservation. Once approached they fixed it immediately but I was not impressed with the need to go down and up again nearly to the top of the hotel.

Second thing that astonished me were limited dining options within the hotel itself. Not great for the weekend morning.

One thing that can be relied on though is the fitness area and the pool. Great facilities! So make sure you set some time aside to enjoy them.

Location of the hotel is pretty good, close the South Station, served by Silver line from and to the airport, red line and silver line into the city, and local as well as long distance trains. It is also close to attractions such as Aquarium, and the city center.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Agnes L,

We appreciate your loyalty to the InterContinental brand and clearly have a lot to live up to here in Boston! I have shared your feedback with our management team so that we may address your concerns promptly. I am sorry for the inconvenience of having to pick-up new keys and regret that we did not have a bellman bring them to you sooner.

Additionally, I’m very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our restaurant options; we do have three very different offerings and while only one of these is open for breakfast our chefs offer an extensive menu and are always happy to accommodate additional requests.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our Spa and Health Club facilities and of course our prime location as well. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Boston.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our King room overlooking the Harbor was wonderful. The bed was very comfortable and the view was great. The bathroom was huge - with a glass shower (great shower head) and a large tub with extra sprayer. The wooden shutters opened up over the tub and into the bedroom. If you are shy or self-conscious, this might not be for you. Otherwise it was a pretty neat feature. Adam at the Concierge desk was AWESOME! He took the time to talk to us and ask how our day/evening was, etc.. super friendly and genuine. Great location for walking to the water or further into town.

Room Tip: Don't get the room with the shutters between the room and bathroom if you are shy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple