“One of the absolute best!”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the InterContinental for several days of business meetings and I must say I was impressed from the start. My early flight brought me to the hotel around 8:30am where I had planned to drop off my bags and then read the newspaper prior to my first 10am meeting. I was happily surprised to find that my room was ready and I was able to check in early. The staff was extremely pleasant and professional, my room was among the cleanest and most functional I have experienced, and my two night stay was perfect, save for one minor detail.

Somehow I managed to leave my wedding band on the bathroom counter of my room. Took me several hours after checking out to discover this and my heart sank as I imagined it ending up in some pawn shop. By the time I was able to call and check, a full day had passed. I was able to reach the evening manager (Mr. McCain) and in short order he located my ring, took down my personal information and promised to mail my wedding band back to me. When I arrived home from work today I was greeted by a FedEx package containing my ring!

InterContinental Boston will most definitely be my hotel of choice the next time I am in Boston for any reason, business or personal. Professionalism, honesty and integrity, not to mention great service from this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary G
InterConBos, Director of Security at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mr. Gary G.,

I am so happy to that we were able to recover your property and return it to you as instructed. I can imagine misplacing something so special can be distressing and I'm glad we were able to resolve that for you.

Thank you for your kind words and I will certainly pass them along to Nelson and the rest of the team; they will be thrilled.

We look forward to having you back in Boston very soon.

Best regards,

John D. Mahan
Director of Security

Write a ReviewReviews (4,696)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently just ended a 3 night stay at the InterContinental,Boston for my daughter's wedding. I have nothing but rave reviews for the hotel from the actual wedding planning to accommodating 250 wedding guests and 125 overnight guests.
Paul Melino and Karly Danais are the top notch hotel event planners that make sure your special occasion is nothing but perfection. For over a year they answered every question, responded to every whim and guided me to one of the most wonderful nights of my life. The end result was an elegant and sophisticated wedding in which the accolades go on and on.
From the initial check in Sam, at the front desk, was a huge help. I was initially on the 10th floor with all of my family, but Paul felt I would enjoy a particular room on the 11 th floor better during my stay. I went to Sam and he worked diligently to get all of my family on the same floor as me, as well as in close proximity to my room. It was not an easy task, and he worked very hard to accomplish it. He persevered until he could make it happen and it was a huge help to have the whole family at one location. Many thanks, Sam, for not only helping me out, but doing it with a smile. (I think you deserve that extra button, now!)
I highly recommend anyone looking to plan a Boston wedding to go as fast as you can to the InterContinental. You will not regret it!!
You will enjoy a high class, high quality, memorable experience while working with this team and their supporting staff.

Room Tip: Some suites that are described as the same, are actually larger than others. Check to see which ones...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lori s
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have always been a very big fan of InterContinentals. This hotel is everything you expect it to be. It meets all of your standards and you're going to pay a little extra for it. Great location- my first time to Boston I was so close to everything and was able to knock out all of the sights in less than two days because of the location. If you're a history buff like myself, then you can appreciate that the Tea Party took place over two hundred years ago at this exact location on the harbor. There were restaurants downstairs, and I'm sure they were great but I always try to eat local no matter where I am. For Boston, that was the liquid diet at Cheers and seafood at wherever seemed reputable. Jump on the train and visit Harvard, although if you've gone to a bigger school (like myself- We are) then you might be disappointed.

Room Tip: They're all good, it's an InterContintal.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Michael S,

I can’t thank you enough for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to contribute to your love for InterContinental hotels and greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand. Furthermore, your excitement for our historic location is outstanding – we take great pride in this and I am so pleased to be able to share this with our colleagues and guests alike! I hope you will stay with us again soon and perhaps try out our own version of ‘local flare’ at one of our three unique restaurant concepts.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Beautiful hotel.

Great service for check-in and check-out. As elite ambassador card holder we were upgraded to the water view room which was lovely. Sushi restaurant downstairs was also lovely with real Japanese chefs. Housekeeping called us at 11pm at night for some silly reason, we were already asleep so we almost had a heart attack. Hotel did apologise for the call. lovely gym but not big enough for the hotel. Housekeeping is not great. very inconsistent.

If you want to go into shopping area, you have to either catch a taxi or take a train otherwise you end up walking for about 40mins. It was very easy to get to Harvard business school from here which was great for us.

Over all nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I usually go to intercontinental when travelling to US. Never came to this one until now. I found it very consistent in terms of brand. Room was great, but I had views to a wall that was 14 meters from my window (wasn't in the rooms description when I made my reservation). Apart from this, the rest was great. Will keep going to intercontiental in my following trips to US

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Miquel M,

It is wonderful to receive such a great compliment, we are proud to wave the InterContinental flag and remain consistent with our brand’s promise. Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Boston and for your loyalty to our family of hotels. Safe traveling!

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This is a modern building in the business district.
While probably great for meetings etc it wasn't the ideal place for a weekend away.
The staff was professional but not warm, food was outrageously priced (22.00 for a Caesar salad?) and the room set up wasn't ideal.
We booked this place because I had read it had big bathtubs and was centrally located.
Tub was not oversized-just deep, and though centrally located there wasn't much to walk to from here unless you were doing tourist things.
We took a cab most places and felt very out of place.
I travel regularly and most 4 and 5 star places make an effort to appeal to all types of travelers.
I didn't get that feeling. Actually it felt on the pretentious side.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank skyetraveler74
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear skyetraveler74,

We appreciate your candid feedback and are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your recent stay. We do consider our hotel to be a prime location for both business and leisure, with the increasingly popular Fort Point Channel & Seaport districts just behind us and abundance of museums, waterfront activities and restaurant options in the neighborhood. I regret that you did not find this to be the case and also that you found our bath tubs to be less than satisfactory; as many reviews have stated, the tubs are one of our most popular bathroom features.
While disappointing to read, we appreciate your comments and will use them to continue to improve as a hotel.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the intercontinental. We arrived by water taxi from the airport which was a great way to arrive particularly as it was such a beautiful day. The hotel interior was stunning and immaculate throughout. I had chosen a club room as it was our wedding anniversary and we loved the club lounge. Well worth the extra cost, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly without exception and a particular mention must go to the concierge Marc who made some excellent recommendations for restaurants and also helped my husband arrange flowers for me for our anniversary. The only disappointment was that the hotel didn't organise anything for our anniversary particularly as I had written to the manager when I first booked, and had read on here that special touches had been organised for other guests to celebrate their special occasions.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple