“Superb Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
“Superb Hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were bowled over by the help and attention provided by the staff. The room was superb with a great view of the harbour and a really comfortable bed. Located in a brilliant position on the harbour right near to the site of the Boston Tea Party and a short journey from the harbour cruises and Aquarium..all must visit attractions. I really recommend this superb Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear David N,

It is so great to read your wonderful review! I’m thrilled to know that our team exceeded your expectations; it is our absolute pleasure to provide such personalized service and attention. We love being central to so many of Boston’s wonderful attractions and it certainly sounds like you were able to take advantage of our great location. Many thanks for recommending us – we hope you’ll be back again soon as well.

All the best,

Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My experience on this hotel can be sum up in one word: Great! The rooms, beds, bedding, lightning, bathroom were excellent. Great location, great service and beautiful building. My only regret is that I couldn't get a room with a bay view. Other than that my first choice when traveling to Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the bay. Great view!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Diego S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we are so glad you had a positive experience with us! I hope you’ll return again soon on an occasion when we do have a waterview room available so that it can be an all-around perfect visit.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed back in June (have stayed at this hotel before) and have been meaning to write a review. I get to Boston 5-6 times a year and have been using another hotel more consistently but decided to give the InterContinental another try.. Front desk staff was excellent-especially when I went to the spa and locked myself out of my room. Concierge was excellent. Room was perfect for my needs. Love this location (as my son lives in the North End). Now the BUT....The valet or bellman was awful. Front of the hotel was a mess with cars every which way. Jim ignored me for over 15 minutes as I stood in front with my bags on check out. NEVER spoke or even acknowledged me. Finally rudely and without even looking at me said "you need a cab" ? Fortunately I had a car service picking me up. Would hide in his little room and only come out, look around at the mess and go back in. With all the good things about the hotel something does need to be done. Bad first and last impression. I will be back to Boston in October and will give this hotel another try.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear houseelfdobby,

The experience at the door which you described is simply not acceptable and I am very sorry for this. I can assure you that this does not reflect the standards to which we hold our team, and we greatly appreciate your giving us another try so that we may provide a true InterContinental experience all around. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Maplewood, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I visit the InterContinental Boston quite often, and I'm always delighted by the level of attentive service they offer their customers. The concierge was excellent--great restaurant choices, great focus on the little things that make a big difference. Room is always crisp, modern, and serviceable. And the property is in hip with some great restaurants and bars. Did I say I love the location?

Room Tip: Ask about the views, and you'll get what you want...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear John v,

All of your wonderful compliments are much appreciated! It is truly a pleasure to read your review and know that we are maintaining the highest level of service on a consistent basis. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and for continuing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Great location and staff. Highly recommended. No issues, what an Intercontinental should be other than sometimes check out takes longer than it should and breakfast choices are limited at restaurant downstairs. Often sold out as it should be.

Stayed July 2014
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Phil D,

Thank you for your loyalty; it is a pleasure to continue welcoming you back week after week. We appreciate the feedback about timely check-out and will make every effort to ensure a speedier process. I have also shared your comments with chef about more variety for breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to review us, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

York
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This is a big corporate chain but done really well. The public spaces and bars are great. Our room was a deluxe water view looking onto the Tea Party Museum. Great size, good bathroom, everything you would expect. There is a very popular waterside bar outside which gets busy. Didn't eat here so can't review the restaurant. Can't fault it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rach1310,

Thank you for the compliments; while we are a large hotel and do belong to a large hotel company, we pride ourselves on offer luxurious and personal experiences for each of our guests. I’m glad to know you enjoyed your stay, thank you for choosing InterContinental Boston!

George Town
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had intended to stay at another hotel on my visit to Boston, but at the last minute my wife and I switched to the Intercontinental Boston, because it had nicer bathrooms. It also had a higher price tag, so I was apprehensive as to whether it would be worth the cost. The answer is absolute yes! You get what you pay for, and the experience at the Intercontinental Boston was worth every penny, and then some.

The staff is absolutely fantastic. Sam at the front desk was amazingly helpful, and went above and beyond to help ensure our stay at the Intercontinental was perfect. All of the Bellmen were exceptionally friendly, and helpful -- opening doors as you entered/exited building, etc. We had access to Club Intercontinental, and that was simply superb. It makes your stay feel comfortable, homey, special. The staff there was excellent -- Dagmar, Charles, Mohamed and David -- all friendly, helpful, and willing to go out of their way and do whatever possible to make sure the guests had an amazing visit.

The property is exquisite as well. Our room was gorgeous -- clean, well furnished, everything looking new and well cared for. Many hotels seem dingy or run down, but the Intercontinental was clean and well kept. My wife used the word "impeccable", and she is not easily pleased. The location is fantastic, the restaurants and bars were good. Everything about my experience was exceptional.

I travel a lot, and it's been a long time since I was blown away by a travel experience. The best hotel I ever stayed at was the Intercontinental Thalasso in Bora Bora. It was fantastic, but I just figured it was because it was Bora Bora. This was only my second time staying at an Intercontinental hotel, but my wife and I agree that this is the second best hotel we've ever stayed at, behind only its sister hotel in Bora Bora (which has a locational advantage with overwater bungalows). This hotel was that good that I stands out above any other hotel for me.

This review probably makes me sound like a shill for them, but that's not the case -- was really a fantastic experience. I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank StevenW718
Dear Steven W,

It is so wonderful to know that you are such a fan of InterContinentals hotels! We are grateful for your last minute hotel change and it is always great to know our guests feel we offer a great value. Thank you for your outstanding compliments – from recognizing our stellar colleagues, to acknowledging the room cleanliness and our prime location. While we are proud to be the flagship InterContinental in North America, it truly is an honor to be compared to our exceptional sister property in Bora Bora. Thanks for sharing your feedback; we hope to see in Boston again soon!