“Another perfect stay!”

InterContinental Boston
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I absolutely love the InterContinental-Boston! I stayed overnight recently and had another wonderful stay! The accomodations are cozy, spacious, and the bathroom's tub and shower are amazing! I absolutely loved the shower! We stayed and had early cocktails outside on the patio by the water. Just a perfect day-sunny, breezy-beautiful atmosphere with the water. After dinner, we headed back for a nightcap and sat outside-had a good crowd. The next morning, I went and got a coffee at Miel-the restaurant downstairs. What a spread! The crew were in the middle of setting up for breakfast-WOW-platters of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, etc.. I worked out in the hotel gym-GORGEOUS view of Boston while running on the treadmill-tall buildings, flowers, greenery everywhere. The gym had all new, clean equipment-state of the art. I just had such a wonderful stay! I will always go back to the InterContinental-whether it be for drinks on the patio, appetizers, dinner, or stay overnight.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deven R
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Deven R,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to InterContinental Boston; it is wonderful to read your review! Our team appreciates the compliments and we are so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the beautiful weather out at RumBa featuring Five-10 Waterfront. It is truly a pleasure to know that you were such a fan of our breakfast spread, as well. We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Ian.Pullan@ihg.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,691)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Intercontinental is full of gracious, helpful staff, nice rooms, and in a great location. Unfortunately, it is also across the street from a major Boston FD station. Both nights, all night, trucks rolled with sirens on. For one 3am departure I got up b/c I thought maybe Mrs. O'Leary's cow had come back and the city was in imminent peril. Nope. Just one truck on the street. No clue why he had to light up the siren, but he did.

If you are light sleeper, INSIST on the quiet side of the building or you will be yawning the next day.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear NolberostarFan,

Being situated across from the Fire Department does result in some late night sirens; we know how important a good night’s rest is and I am truly sorry that we were unable to provide this upon your recent stay. While I appreciate your compliments of our staff and rooms, I’m very sorry that the noise levels had such a negative impact. I hope you will be willing to give us another chance to regain your faith in our hotel and of course, provide waterview accommodations for a future visit.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed over the Fourth of July weekend and had a blast! The location was perfect - tiny walk to the Boston Tea Party Ships, the hop on hop off bus stop and children's museum. For our four yr olds legs - it was the perfect amount of walking. We upgraded to the club lounge amenity, which I highly recommend. Free sodas all day, cocktails in the evening and a hot breakfast in the morning. We loved it - and enjoyed our celebrity siting while we were there. This hotel is more expensive than where our family typically vacations (as was everywhere in Boston) .... But totally worth it!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank KatSparkle
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear KatSparkle,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I’m glad to hear that our location was so perfect for your family over July 4th weekend – what a great time of year to visit Boston. We truly aim to provide a unique and worthwhile value for our guests; it is great to know you left with that sentiment. Please come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I love this hotel it is located two blocks from south station we go to Boston for the weekend and we love it. The staff make the stay. The concierge Marc, Jessica and their crew will go out of their way to make your stay as memorable as possible. We always stay on the club floor because we enjoy the Club Intercontinental Charles, Dagmar and their crew will go out of their way to make you feel relaxed and tend to your needs in a private setting we love it. The Intercontinental Boston always makes our time in Boston PRICELESS.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank psrees1962

Dear psrees1962,

It is so great to read your review – our team is very appreciative of wonderful compliments. We are thrilled that you enjoy the amenities and outstanding Club InterContinental team, and look forward to continuing to welcome you and your wife back for future weekend getaways; thanks for your loyalty!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Loved our weekend stay at the Intercontinental Boston. Fantastic location with close proximity to South Station, the North end and downtown Boston. Rooms are lovely with gorgeous bathrooms. The staff took very good care of us even handing me a water bottle and towel when I arrived home after a morning run. This is my favorite place to stay in Boston. Can not wait to return.

1  Thank moniquec886

Dear moniquec886,

I am thrilled to hear that you loved our hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience, I’m so happy we helped to make it a great weekend and we look forward to welcoming you back, as well!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Arriving by air this hotel is conveniently positioned for the Silver T-Line which is free for travel from the airport,and $2 the other way (it costs you to leave Boston). We arrived well before the check in time and were, very reasonably, told our room wasn't ready. Not only were staff immediately mobilized to get our luggage stored, housekeeping were pinged to prioritise our room & a phone number taken so we could be notified when they'd got it sorted. Experience has taught me that this can be a variable experience, but was delighted to receive an hour later a carefully enunciated voicemail from the patently non-native English speaking check in clerk. Returning to the hotel some hours later we discovered 3 coach loads of Japanese tourists had been deposited in the lobby and check in was at full stretch. The front desk manager was orbiting, trying to keep order while apologising, and was given some kind of hand signal by our check in person. Discovering our situation, we were queue jumped and were in the elevator to our room with luggage 3 minutes later.

This slightly extended anecdote is intended to demonstrate both the commitment to service within this hotel and the procedures which have actually been put in place to facilitate that commitment. Many hotels talk about service, then bind staff to a computerized system or staff procedure that brooks no interference.

The only criticism about the room? The Japanese style paper blinds that link the bedroom and the bathroom. I'm sure they're massively stylish and do great things for the fen shui, but when they're left open by default it can kill the mood in some circumstances. Say (for example) you've been wandering round Boston for 5 hours, it's been 2 hours since your last restroom break, you've discovered the hotel lobby to be packed, your despair has turned to exultation as you're fast tracked into the elevator, you leap into the bathroom as soon as you enter the room to do what you (by this time) must then turn to discover your wife looking at you through the open blinds with a quizzical expression on her face.

However the position of the bathtub directly beneath the blinds on one side and the bed on the other, and the near silence by which they can be opened does allow one to break the bathtime monotony with splashes of cold water at tense moments during tv shows. Ensure the bathroom door is locked before trying this.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrades. Boston is a lovely city but the "city view" rooms don't compete...

Dear Eddy E,

Thank you very much for your review. While we understand the sliding window between the bedroom and bathroom is not for everyone, your humorous tone is refreshing to read! I am glad to know you felt well attended to despite a busy check-in period and we appreciate your detailed feedback from your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Boston.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I just spent two nights in this incredible hotel. Rooms are very spacious, clean, bathroom super with wonderful rain shower and a separate large deep tub. Bar and restaurant food wonderful. Location within walking distance of many major sites and along the river. The staff is one of the best I have encountered and I have traveled the world over as I am a 40 plus year veteran in the high end leisure travel industry. I would like to say a special word of appreciation to Steven Atkinson in Guest Services. He was most pleasant, professional, and always knew our name when we encountered him. Kudos to Steve and this wonderful hotel in Boston.

Room Tip: City view is fine and water view would be even better.
1  Thank Travelady45
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Travelady45,

On behalf of our entire team, I sincerely thank you for your fabulous review. All of your comments are very well received; it is encouraging to know how appreciative and complimentary our guests are! Thank you for choosing InterContinental Boston for your recent visit, we look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

All the best,