InterContinental Boston
YOTEL Boston(Boston)
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
4,787 results
All reviewssouth stationfire stationsoaking tubthe club loungeseparate showerwater viewchildren's museumthe financial districtbeautiful hotelroom servicethe north endcity viewquincy marketconcierge deskmini barfaneuil hallwater taxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed one night and really enjoyed it. We had two rooms, one king with the odd bathroom pass through and a room with two beds. The property is located within 10 minutes of the airport and in a great location to walk the Freedom trail. We had dinner on the North side at a great Italian restaurant and it was the right distance to walk back to the hotel. I will stay at this hotel on my next trip to Boston.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Mark J,

It is great to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and took advantage of our prime location. I’m always pleased to hear that our guests will return again and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our readers!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Let me start by saying that we are frequent travelers, and have stayed at many 5 start hotels in the past, and the InterContinental Boston exceeded our expectations! We were celebrating my parents' Golden Anniversary, and the staff (security guys, concierge, bellman, etc.) went out of their way to make this stay an extra special one for my family and parents'! Thank you to Shawnora for our very pleasant check-in experience, and for your handwritten acknowledgement of this special milestone! Also, SPECIAL THANKS to Dagmar for EVERYTHING she did to assure that their anniversary and stay was first class, and a special memory for them! She went over and beyond, and I'm so appreciative. Great job to all! We will be back!

Dear jaaaw,

The title of your review is music to our ears! We thank you for choosing InterContinental Boston for your parents’ momentous anniversary and I am so happy that our team helped to make it such a special occasion. Your comments are very well received and we are thrilled that you will all stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I wanted to stay somewhere for our anniversary. We saw this hotel and thought it would have plenty to offer. The rooms were a bit pricy for my taste, but I'm sure that's due more to the location than anything else. First, when we arrived and went to our room, it was 58 degrees!! We made it through the first night and I called and had one of the hotel engineers sent to the room. He looked at me and my wife like we were dumb and told us that the air only turns on below 55 and above 78 I think? I was in disbelief. So I can't put the temperature in my room where I want it and it be that temperature if the outside temp is a certain level. That was extremely disappointing. Not satisfied with this, I call the manager on duty, who of course sides with the engineer. The only thing we were offered were space heaters and blankets to endure Antarctica. Later in our stay, I wake up at 1045pm to the sound of the same engineer that we initially spoke to asking to see our bathroom because there was a leak below our room. I know that he probably needed to make sure there were no leaks from our floor, but it really did not add to the already difficult experience we felt we were having. The night before we left we ordered room service and the milk was spoiled. On the day we left we asked that the bell desk store our luggage until our flight left that afternoon. The bell desk staff didn't seem very eager and were rude in my opinion. Overall, I had expected something much different from this hotel. I paid the price, in more than one way. If I could do it again, I would stay somewhere that charged half as much that might make me feel a little more valued. I wanted this place to be great, and I know, sadly, that I could never let myself stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Jeremy H
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Jeremy H,

On behalf of my entire team, I am truly sorry about the issues faced on your recent stay with us. The sentiment which you described absolutely does not reflect our standards and I sincerely apologize that your anniversary celebration did not live up to what it should have been. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in further detail if you would be willing to contact me at the email below.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

it's a shortish walk to these places. The Italian district was buzzing at night, really good place and lots of great restaurants to choose from. Faneuil hall is very touristy but fun.
The hotel is nice, very smart. There's a nice restaurant terrace at the back on a dockside.
We had interconnecting rooms which were smart, high quality furnishing etc.
We had some problems (rooms not ready, housekeeping issues, service at breakfast) and the management did try to make it up to us so I won't moan here but what I would say if you are considering this hotel and you want 3 kids in a room, you need to double check what layout they will allow. When we booked we were assured 3 beds in a room is fine, and only booked on that basis but when we got there there was no 3rd bed and when we asked for it we were told it would be a fire hazard, so we had to have the extra bed in our room instead.
If you want to know about the leisure facilities: the gym was very well equipped and big, high ceilinged. The pool is very small, shallow, and only really suitable for kids. In fact there is a sign saying adults should not swim alone, which is an odd one, but apt.

1  Thank BritfromJapan

Dear BritfromJapan,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review InterContinental Boston. While I am thankful that our management assisted with the room issues, I am truly sorry that this even happened in the first place. We know how important it is to communicate accurate information to our guests and I regret that there was any miscommunication about bringing in extra beds to your room.
Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope you will be willing to stay with us again so that we may restore your confidence in our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We booked this trip through a discount hotel booking website and got a really good rate for the room. We kind of expected that this may mean we had to make a sacrifice on the room but on the contrary, we were given a fabulous room with a great city view and it really exceeded all our expectations. It's worth investigating where in city you envisage spending most of your time in terms of eating out etc as this can impact your hotel location, but I'd say the IHG is well placed for getting around. Highly recommend...
One point to mention is that the fire station is opposite and we did hear sirens a couple of times - didn't bother us though I know it did wake my wife up on one of the nights.

Room Tip: Our room was on the inner edge of the front of the hotel, which meant two windows, more light and better views - worth trying to get if you can.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
InterConBos, General Manager at InterContinental Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Peej79,

It is great to know that we exceeded your expectations! I’m very happy that you had a nice visit to Boston and we are thrilled to have hosted you during your time here.

Best regards,