“This place stinks!”

Adams Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Adams Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
“This place stinks!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed two nights and we wish we had never booked this place. Rooms are tiny and dirty. It smelled musty when we got in. The "breakfast" is a joke - no coffee on either day. The location is ok for Fenway only. The proprietor who checked us out was a weasel. This place is a dump and I would avoid at all costs.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank lks4fsu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here for the Boston Marathon this year - good place, great location! The stairs can be a little tricky for some - the stairways are quite narrow - but it was clean, quiet, and close to the Hynes Convention Center. We were there for 3 nights - definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We were in Boston for the BU graduation weekend and needed an affordable, no frills place to stay. Staff was great, the common areas and our room were clean and nicely decorated, and it was nice to have breakfast on hand. Very convenient to the T. Was wary of the shared bath but there was never a wait and it was kept clean as well. The other guests we ran into were quiet and friendly, seemed to be professionals or couples so we didn't have any issues with noise or other disturbances. Would definitiely stay there again and recommend it highly if it sounds like a fit for you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

I found the Adams Bed & Breakfast just perfect for our four-night stay in Boston. My son and I visited Northeastern University for a couple of days, then spent two more days touristing, and this location was perfect for us. We stayed in Room 203, a room with two single beds and a bath with a shower.

I loved having the Whole Foods Market only one block away and a CVS Pharmacy even closer than that (I caught a cold and wanted to pick up some remedies). We're vegetarian and we found some excellent veg-friendly dining options (Ethiopian at Lucy, Thai at Pho Basil, and more) within a few blocks' radius.

Tidbits about the location: Northeastern was an easy 10-15 minute walk from the B&B, depending on your route. The Hynes Convention Center Station for the T was about a 6-minute walk. After taking the T to Cambridge to visit Punjabi Dhabi for lunch, then Toscanini's Ice Cream for dessert, then the MIT Museum, we walked across the Harvard Bridge and could have easily walked back to the B&B. But, we decided to walk over to the Boston Public Library instead, and we took the T back to Hynes after having dinner in Little Italy (at La Famiglia Giorgio's, followed by the best cannoli of my life at Mike's Pastry Shop). I was surprised at how easy it was to get around Boston, and then get back to our room.

I usually prefer to stay at a hotel with an included hot breakfast, but with prices at those hotels more than $100 higher per night, I decided to "compromise" by staying at the Adams. But if we end up in Boston again, the Adams (or the Oasis Guest House, same owners) will be my first choice. Staying at the Adams can be part of a really fun visit to Boston.

One last thing: as of October 2012, construction is occurring behind the B&B, and on weekdays they started working at 7am. We were up already, so it wasn't a big deal, but if that sort of thing bothers you, now you know. (But really, I recommend you get up at 7, take a shower, have a nice continental breakfast, then go out and have a great day in Boston. :-)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank emilyg28
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

I would recommend Adam's B&B to anyone staying in Boston. My husband and I stayed for five nights in a room with a private bath; I was very happy with our room, the location, and the price. The room was on the smaller side, but who spends much time in their room when they're on vacation, anyway? The location was perfect - the B&B is an old townhouse in a cute area which was just a quick walk to Mass Ave with restaurants, bars, and the Hynes Convention Center T stop. And the price was much less than any of the hotels we were considering. My only gripe was that there was no hair dryer or iron, which would have been useful to know in advance.

Room Tip: The stairs are narrow and could be difficult to climb for senior and those with limited mobility.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

This B&B is a row of town homes converted to B&B, The rooms are small but adequate. My room had a bathroom, chest of drawers, chair, bed and TV. The TV needs updated - snow filled screen was difficult to watch. Otherwise I liked the room. Bed and pillows were very comfortable.
The location was perfect and I will definitely stay at Adams again. It is close to major attractions, the T subway and buses. I walked to Fenway, Copley Sq, even walked all the way to Cheers.
Breakfast was provided in a nice, small kitchen with fridge, microwave etc.
Staff were very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: Bring your own hair dryer and creams. Shampoo and soap provided. Not sure if they have an ironing...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights while attending a conference at the Hynes Convention Center. Had room 310 (I think?) on the 3rd floor with a private bathroom. The rate was better than at the fancy big places, but not by a huge margin. However, it served my purposes and the staff is friendly (by New England standards). A few details that might be useful:

1. There is a Whole Foods just down the street, and the place is just 1 block off Mass. Ave. It takes about 7 minutes to walk to the Hynes.
2. The breakfast is your typical starchy "continental" breakfast, so don't expect what you might find in the romantic type of B&B. Moreover, the breakfast is served at 8am so if you have somewhere to be early (like I did) you might miss it.
3. They are not staffed 24 hours, and in fact you have to check in at the Oasis a few doors down.
4. The staircase is pretty narrow.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business