“Very pretty house”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Rutland Square House
Ranked #25 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is a very pretty house, centrally located in Boston. The rooms are very large and pretty, with a lot of wood, nice lamps, etc. Bathroom is shared, and slightly noisy, but my sleep wasn't disturbed by it. The neighborhood is nice, and the place is easily reachable. I would go here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The house itself is everything you would want from an old Brownstone building in Back Bay!! High ceilings, big rooms, loads of character. And a great location, only a few minutes walk from the T. The only downside is the plumbing, which is in need of updating (noisy central heating), and an interesting composting toilet in the shared bathroom.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The house itself is extremely beautiful, and is located in a nice neighborhood of Boston. I walked myself back from the subway at 10pm and still feel as safe as I could be. The property is around five minutes walk from the subway station so you need not to worry about how to get around. The host is extremely helpful and we exchanged emails before my arrival. I arrived a couple of days after the Boston shooting and so reserving tours for government facilities was extremely difficult, but he helped me contact the agency until I got a reply. I also forgot to pack my coat for my trip so I was having great difficulty there, and he provided me with a sweater and told me that I could take it with me after I leave. The house itself is excellent, I love the decoration and the charm of an old townhouse. The plumbing needs improvement, but it is not dirty, and I have no problem with that at all. The complimentary wifi is excellent and i have no problem surfing the internet at all. Breakfast was simple, but I enjoyed the cereals and the wide variety of tea provided. All in all, a great place to stay, excellent bed, simple breakfast, great value, and extremely helpful host.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sltz-Plr
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Location is excellent, our room was charming and clean. Breakfast arrangements were a very simple serve-yourself set-up, which suited us but may not be everyone's cup of tea. Host was very helpful both before and during our stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happypeasant
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Such a great house, one cannot help but imagine its history. I loved the wooden floors and the staircase. The artwork on the walls was varied and interesting adding to the charm. Yes the plumbing needs updating and don't stay here if you want ensuite bathroom but everything was clean and I felt comfortable walking around on the rugs without shoes. I liked the kitchen facilities and the help yourself breakfast. There was plenty of tea/coffee, yougurts muffins, bread, cereals, jam and fruit. Maybe the house needs a little updating but one would have to be careful not to spoil the charm and original features. My one suggestions would be to provide bathrobes for guests. Peter, our host, was charming and helpful without being intrusive. Amazingly he found space for us to park our car... no small feat in Boston. The house was brilliantly located for going anywhere and the Bistro round the corner was terrific. We had four nights and although I was apprehensive to begin with, I did love the house by the end of our stay. Value for mioney in Boston was great. We had no problem with internet connection and di not have time to worry abpout watching tv.Thank you Peter.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucinda B
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We were in Boston for the first time for a weekend together. The location cannot be beat. It is a 5 minute walk to the Prudential Center and Boylston Street and Fenway was only a 15 minute walk. The subway is also very close by. As for the house, it definitely has old charm but needs some updating. The carpets and bedsheets look worn as does the decor. The TV was a tiny old 13 inch tv with cable hookup but no working remote. The internet is hit or miss but sufficed for our purposes. Breakfast is coffee/juice with breads/english muffins, no hot foods. Peter (the owner) was very helpful with directing us around Boston and helping us find free parking (HUGE plus). The shared bathroom was a bit of a disappointment but there was never a wait. If you're in Boston for a short stay and don't plan on being in the room much then Rutland Square is a great choice. Overall, its a great value for the neighborhood as long as you're not expecting high end.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosie R
Reviewed 12 September 2012 via mobile

Disappointing few updates sence 1860 but has that Old charm. 13 inch tv. No hot items for breakfast serve yourself. Location is very good subway, tourist information and public transportation are in easy walking distance in goo neighborhood

• Stayed: September 2012