“Great overview of Boston Highlights!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Boston Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
Ranked #16 of 137 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Owner description: Old Town Trolley Tours of Boston shows you the best of Boston on their 100-minute, fully narrated tour. As the official tour of the Boston Red Sox, guests will enjoy 19 stops, including Fenway Park, where you may disembark for shopping, dining and attractions. Each ticket comes with free admission to a 45 minute cruise of Boston Harbor, the Old State House Museum and coupons worth over $50 in savings. Old Town Trolley Tours has a 100% money back guarantee.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Prairieville, Louisiana
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great overview of Boston Highlights!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Did this tour to get a good overview of the must see sights in an around Boston. The tour guide was very informative and answered our questions throughout the trip. We were able to get on very close to our hotel the Hilton in the Financial District. Trolley accommodates an appropriate amount of people that makes the tour enjoyable. We even picked up a visitor at one of the stopping points and the transfer from the stop into the Trolley was flawless. Glad to see them able to accomodate all visitors with ease. We did get off at Fenway Park. When we were ready to leave it did not take long for the next trolley to pick us up. Will use the Old Town Trolley again when we return to Boston.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ramon G

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great way to explore the main sites of Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had such fun on the Trolley Tour with Bubba as my guide, what a funny guy with a great Bostonian accent! The tour goes through the main tourist points in Boston and through Cambridge past MIT. This is a great way to get round Boston as you can hop-on-hop-off at designated spots. I also got a second day free with my ticket and admission to a harbour cruise or the Boston Tea Party Ships. The second day my guide was Gonzo, another great guy with lots of knowledge. We got gridlocked in Cambridge as it was graduation at MIT but Gonzo was kind enough to let me off and direct me the quickest way into Boston. Also a bonus the Trolley did a collection outside our hotel (The Marlowe) in the morning (9:15) which was convenient.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Priced Hop-on and Off Tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Good pricing. Knowlegeble drivers; some know more than others, so, it's a roulette if you get just the basics or a little bit more humor and history. The trolleys get full in the afternoon hours, so, it's better to do the later stops first and then work your way backward. I didn't do this and wound up waiting at stops while two or three full trolleys came and went.

Westchester County, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Go with a competitor: Old Town Trolley was always full and is For those with time on their hands...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

It is very unfortunate for me to post this after reading so many positive reviews, but my well traveled family of 4: two boys, ages 10 and 7 just tried this tour with another family we were traveling with and it was miserable. I would not recommend this to anyone unless you were looking for a way to kill time on your city visit! This was not the way we would recommend spending a vacation! The tour driver was great, but the experience was terribly disappointing. A cab may be less money and will save you time. We tried to hop on yesterday at the TD/Stadium stop and were disappointed on many levels. First, the stops were not marked by a sign or anything. When the 1st trolley passed by us and we ran after it ( we were about 250 feet away from the exact stop) he kept going at full speed, pretending not to see us. Then we lost our chance at a second and third trolley ride because they had no room for us! Finally, the last driver offered to call into headquarters to get us a trolley. We eventually got on but lost valuable time. Today, the same thing happened. We tried a different strategy by walking to the State House stop which we hoped would be less busy. Again, two trolleys were full and it was before 10am on a Sunday. Many other trolleys passed by that had lots of space!!!!! When I called into Headquarters the woman in charge was kind but said the drivers were stuck in traffic. I will tell you, since we walked through Faneuil Hall to get to this stop, that the city was still sleeping for the most part. Rather than apologize, the woman said that there was little she could do and that trolleys could take over 25 minutes to get there. With school out and tourists visiting, this was not the way to go, especially with so many competing Trolley companies who looked like they had room. If I could get a refund, I would happily ask for one as we were all disappointed using Old Town Trolley.

Visited June 2014
Historictours, Public Relations Manager at Old Town Trolley Tours, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to write your comments about your Old Town Trolley Tour of Boston. It was very upsetting to learn of the poor experience you felt you had. I will relay your comments to our managers so that we can take steps to ensure that there is less overcrowding issues.

I want to assure you that we do indeed have a 100% money-back guarantee. Please visit the customer service page of our website for details on how to obtain your refund. We absolutely will refund your purchase in full, and I apologize that you had such a negative experience.

Kindest Regards,

Piper Smith
Vice President of Marketing
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great way to tour Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were very pleased with our whole experience on the Old Town Trolley tours! The narration was informative and humorous and the main points of interest were covered. We took the harbour tour as part of the package and enjoyed that very much although it was difficult to hear the commentary sitting on the top deck.

As we only in Boston for 3 nights , we felt the trolley tours gave us a good overview of the city.

Visited June 2014

Been to Old Town Trolley Tours? Share your experiences!