“Great Choice for Convention Center”

Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #43 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Pros: Proximity to Convention Center, Clean, Modern Rooms, Friendly & Professional Staff

Cons: Long Walk to Downtown, Limited Family Restaurant Choces

I was in town for business and pleasure, so my family was with me. I was booked at the Renaissance by the company I was visiting, as it was across the street from their building. We were impressed from the minute we arrived. It was around 11:30, well before check in, but they had a room for us. While checking in, a staff member had slipped away and came back with gifts for my children. It was a simple toy, but they were excited. Also, when arriving at the hotel, my six year old noticed a plane flying by and commented about maybe seeing them from the room. One of the front desk employees heard his comment and stopped us as we were leaving to see if she could find us a room that faced the airport so he could have is wish. Unfortunately a room was not available, but I thought that was an "above and beyond" nice touch!

The room was big, clean and modern. The beds were very comfortable and the room offered a refrigerator and safe. The view was not impressive as we looked into the building across the street; but that's what drapes are for.

I did not see the pool, but my wife and kids did. Apparently it is a lap pool that is not very kid friendly unless the kids are the only ones there. Fortunately, in the late morning they had a chance to swim.

I would definitely consider this hotel when in town for a meeting at the conference center, but not if I wanted to spend time downtown. While it is quite close to the conference center, it is a hike to downtown. We also had trouble finding family friendly food options near the hotel. Most of the restaurants seemed more upscale. The place suggested by the concierge appeared to be a good fit until we were told it was a two hour wait! They had most of the place booked for a private event, tied to the convention that was in town.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,428)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Clean and comfortable rooms. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is close to the convention center and other attractions. Too many restaurants to list in the area.

The bar was a great place to watch Sunday football. Karen is a great bartender!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel this week. The staff was friendly and the hotel was lovely. Most of the older hotels in Boston have small rooms so it was a real treat having a large room. The hotel is located near the convention center and the seaport or harbor. Many restaurants are nearby and the transit station is very close. You can catch the silver line straight to the central transit station for easy access to anywhere. I love Boston because there are so many things to do and see.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Attended a conference hosted at this hotel, and got a pretty good rate compared to market prices. Have no complaints. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable beds, decent sized bathroom... The view could have been a bit better, but I assume the rate I paid matched the view I got. ;)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The hotel was clean and fresh. I was surprised by how large the room was. I also appreciated the refrigerator in the room. The mattress could have been more comfortable. When I first moved in, I could hear the family next door, but once they left, it was very quiet. It is very well located to the convention center. I was able to take the Silverline bus back to the airport in about 8 minutes for $2.50.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was in Boston for a conference with my company paying the tab so booked this hotel despite its HIGH price because it was so close to the convention center. Upon arriving I was excited to stay as the lobby was pretty fancy but that was over fast as it appears this hotel spent all their money on the lobby and now has to nickle and dime guests which is really just annoying($17 dollar a day Wifi cost). I checked out some of the hotels of my colleagues and they were nicer, slightly cheaper, closer to the convention center(if only by a block), and didn't have nickle and dime their guests. If your in town for a convention I recommend trying somewhere else as there are definitely better options.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is sparkly and new, so I was excited to get to my room. Upon entering, I saw 2 of the smallest beds (called "doubles") I have ever seen in an American business-oriented hotel. I called the front desk to request a room with a queen or king bed and was told the hotel was already "fully committed" and there were no-- zero-- rooms with queen size beds anyway (just full and king).. I can't say the hotel is terrible but I believe the inventory of full size (rather than queen) beds makes it"poor". The front desk was unwilling or unable to upgrade me to a larger room. If you are under 6 feet tall this hotel will likely be fine for you. Note also that there are very few amenities around the hotel, which is convenient to the convention center (my reason for being here) but little else. 7-11 is the only place nearby to buy food.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel if you need a queen or king sized bed. They do not guarantee at the time o...