Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
  • Breakfast included
YOTEL Boston(Boston)
  • Room Service
1,461 results
All reviewssilver lineconvention centerlegal harborsidelegal test kitchenharpoon brewerynice hotelboston waterfrontlegal seafoodconcierge loungesouth stationwithin walking distancelogan airportworld trade centera short cab rideattending a conferencewater viewbusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Actually a very nice hotel for the money. The seaport area is a real success story in the city...and this area is a real testament to the vision of former mayor menino.
We were in town for the wine expo, and this provided a convenient location after a day of sampling wine. There are a few restaurants nearby, but you're a fair distance from other boston neighborhoods.
The hotel is very bright and contemporary, with a nice bar and restaurant. the rooms are VERY nice and well appointed. Our harbor view room was excellent for the money.
Now, the complaint. Terrible weather had us running late to the convention center so I parked there, three blocks away. For dinner we went to legal seafoods (upstairs...A+). So for dinner I moved my car to the renaissance and checked in. I was met by the valet, and ankle deep in driving snow he came and held the door, asked me if i needed help with my bag. I informed him "no" I just want to valet the car so I can run to dinner"
The "valet" informed me that they have no valet service, nor any parking, and he directed me BACK to the seaport convention center. seriously? I have NEVER stayed in a hotel that has done this. let alone not had parking, or valet service. I had to drive BACK over to seaport, and walk through the snow three blocks back to dinner, arriving 20 ,minutes late.
Here's a hint, when your garage is full, bring on two extra valets and have THEM park the cars over at seaport!

Room Tip: harborview, or nothing!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us this past weekend for the Boston Wine Expo. Based on your feedback, it sounds like you were able to enjoy all that the Seaport area has to offer during your visit.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the frustration your endured as a result of the maximum capacity of the garage utilized by our contracted valet company. I can assure you that in the rare instances where the garage reaches capacity, our last intention is to provide any inconvenience to our guests. Rest assured that I have personally shared your perspective with the leadership team as well as with the owner of the valet company that we contract to provide our services to collaborate on solution that will alleviate the possibility of future similar incidents.

At the Renaissance we pride ourselves in being able to consistently deliver excellent service and regretfully it seems that we have come up very short in this instance. Your feedback will undoubtedly be utilized as an instrumental training tool in our efforts to constantly improve our product and service.

Thank you again for your valued feedback. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Regards,
Adam Muse
Operations Manager, Rooms
(617) 342-5516

Reviewed 16 February 2014

A good value, modern hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Facilities great - gym and pool - and easy access to city centre via bus link (get a weekly pass). It is walkable, but not too often!

Housekeeping was excellent and rooms were very comfortable and spacious.

Only downside was lack of free internet access; even the paid for in-room Wifi had no range in room (17th floor, middle)

Room Tip: Higher is better!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We were staying here , family of 4 , visiting family in in South Boston. Comfortable beds, Starbucks, Curtains that actually close out the morning light, very nice staff and spacious rooms with an amazing view. What more could we want? Didn't have time to use 2 lane very long lap pool, or whirlpool/fitness center, but wanted to: looked clean and nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This was my first stay at this particular Renaissance. The hotel markets themselves as a green hotel with a master light switch and towels only replaced if on floor, etc. overall, my stay was very good. The room was fine and I did not have any hot water issues. I heard several other guest complaining that water went from freezing to boiling hot. I did have few cooler than I wished showers, but this was during peak morning hours. The conference facility was nice. The banquet food however was very hit or miss.
You are very close to several restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PumpkinDenver_CO
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This give the vibe of a business hotel made for conventions in the Seaport area. The hotel is newer and clean. The gym is pretty good, but the pool area is incredibly small, but that's expected if the hotel is geared toward business travelers.

There is a concierge lounge, but the rooms don't have the feel of the typical Renaisance quality. It's a good new hotel, but compared to other Rensaisances it's sub-par. The location can also be a bit of a factor if you want to use public transportation to the rest of the city. There's no subway stops nearby so prepare to either drive or cab it from here if you want to leave the Seaport area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Renaissance Boston. I appreciate the comprehensive feedback regarding the cleanliness and quality of your room as well as the ease of access to the MBTA. Rest assured that we evaluate these responses and your comments will be instrumental in our efforts to improve our product and service.

I do regret that you were not made aware during your visit of the convienent Silver Line stop (Silver Line Way) located directly across from our Congress St. entrance. While the Silver Line is a bus that runs from South Station to Logan and the cruise terminal, it is considered part of the regular subway and there is no charge to transfer to the Red Line. (it's currently also free to use when boarding at Logan airport)

Thank for your valued input and for giving me the opportunity to respond. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. We look forward to serving you as our guest again soon.

Kind Regards,