“Short weekend getaway”

Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #43 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 March 2014

A friend and I came up for the weekend and were thrilled to be staying here. From the staff at check in (Bob was great) to everyone we came in contact with throughout our stay, we could not have asked for better service, especially Eric at the front desk! (daytime bartender at MC Spiedo on Friday 2/28 was excellent as well)

Room Tip: At check in, ask for a view of the port
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank moose938
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel

Reviewed 23 February 2014

While looking for a hotel to stay at to celebrate a bachelorette party, I came across this hotel. The rooms allow multiple people to stay, and it was convenient to the area we were planning to go out in, so I booked it, not knowing much about the hotel. I had requested a room higher up in the hotel, and the staff did a great job to acknowledge that and accommodate us with a room on the 19th floor. We were all amazed with how open and beautiful the lobby was, and we were even more impressed with the room! Great view, beautiful beds, and very spacious....enough room for 6 girls to get all dolled up together without stepping on top of one another! The hotel was in walking distance to the bars we went out to, and conveniently had a Starbucks downstairs for the morning. After check out, the hotel offered to hold all our bags for us so we could walk around Boston without lugging suitcases or taking our car out of the parking lot....which unfortunately was $40 per car...yikes. (Only downside!) I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor = better view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank coriannetammaro
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I thought the accommodations here were nice enough...stylish, clean, comfortable rooms, nice views. One pet peeve that makes or breaks my experience is the availability of good coffee.
While many hotels offer complimentary GOOD coffee (not cheap w/ artificial creamer) I don't mind paying for it. Supposedly there was a Starbucks here but it was closed for renovations...in that case, step up to the plate and fill the void. Because the dining room was not open we were forced to settle for Dunkin donuts coffee which ended up down the drain. Some may view this as a small thing; for me it's a fatal flaw.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Maineviews
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience while staying at the Renaissance Boston. We appreciate the positive feedback regarding the room and view.

I regret that your visit was negatively impacted by the refresh of our Starbucks outlet. As this week-long renovation was the first since our hotel opened in 2008, our team tried our best to share with our guests the other coffee options available in the area. I apologize that this was not communicated effectively, as this list included our sister Starbucks located just across the street at 601 Congress St. (much closer then the Dunkin Donuts in the World Trade Center) I am happy to share that our outlet has reopened and that we do not have any other planned closures at this time.

Thank you again for taking the time to reach out. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Good rate and great location to attend a conference at the seaport convention center, not even two blocks away. We didn't be to take advantage of anything like the pool or restaurant. We did want to eat breakfast there but were told the wait was an hour even though it looked pretty empty which was odd, so we went and ate at the hotel next door without any issues. We did have too service which was decent if a bit expensive with all the fees. Room was nice and comfortable, we could hear the planes a bit in the morning but it really wasn't an issue.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Good evening,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us this past weekend. I appreciate your input and certainly agree that our location is convenient for attending events at the Seaport World Trade Center.

I would like to apologize that you did not get a chance to enjoy breakfast in our restaurant during your visit. If you return to us in the future, please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally arrange a reservation in M.C. Spiedo - we'd love for you to give it a try!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Actually a very nice hotel for the money. The seaport area is a real success story in the city...and this area is a real testament to the vision of former mayor menino.
We were in town for the wine expo, and this provided a convenient location after a day of sampling wine. There are a few restaurants nearby, but you're a fair distance from other boston neighborhoods.
The hotel is very bright and contemporary, with a nice bar and restaurant. the rooms are VERY nice and well appointed. Our harbor view room was excellent for the money.
Now, the complaint. Terrible weather had us running late to the convention center so I parked there, three blocks away. For dinner we went to legal seafoods (upstairs...A+). So for dinner I moved my car to the renaissance and checked in. I was met by the valet, and ankle deep in driving snow he came and held the door, asked me if i needed help with my bag. I informed him "no" I just want to valet the car so I can run to dinner"
The "valet" informed me that they have no valet service, nor any parking, and he directed me BACK to the seaport convention center. seriously? I have NEVER stayed in a hotel that has done this. let alone not had parking, or valet service. I had to drive BACK over to seaport, and walk through the snow three blocks back to dinner, arriving 20 ,minutes late.
Here's a hint, when your garage is full, bring on two extra valets and have THEM park the cars over at seaport!

Room Tip: harborview, or nothing!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us this past weekend for the Boston Wine Expo. Based on your feedback, it sounds like you were able to enjoy all that the Seaport area has to offer during your visit.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the frustration your endured as a result of the maximum capacity of the garage utilized by our contracted valet company. I can assure you that in the rare instances where the garage reaches capacity, our last intention is to provide any inconvenience to our guests. Rest assured that I have personally shared your perspective with the leadership team as well as with the owner of the valet company that we contract to provide our services to collaborate on solution that will alleviate the possibility of future similar incidents.

At the Renaissance we pride ourselves in being able to consistently deliver excellent service and regretfully it seems that we have come up very short in this instance. Your feedback will undoubtedly be utilized as an instrumental training tool in our efforts to constantly improve our product and service.

Thank you again for your valued feedback. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

A good value, modern hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Facilities great - gym and pool - and easy access to city centre via bus link (get a weekly pass). It is walkable, but not too often!

Housekeeping was excellent and rooms were very comfortable and spacious.

Only downside was lack of free internet access; even the paid for in-room Wifi had no range in room (17th floor, middle)

Room Tip: Higher is better!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We were staying here , family of 4 , visiting family in in South Boston. Comfortable beds, Starbucks, Curtains that actually close out the morning light, very nice staff and spacious rooms with an amazing view. What more could we want? Didn't have time to use 2 lane very long lap pool, or whirlpool/fitness center, but wanted to: looked clean and nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family