“Modern, hip, cool location ”

Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #43 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Modern, hip, cool location ”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Renewed neighborhood. Great to see positive development here. Excellent location to nightlife. Closed club lounge on weekends continues to concern me at marriott properties. Great bar service. Restaurant breakfast very good. Loud children in adjoining room could easily be heard through adjoining door.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Ryan R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to do a couples weekend in Boston and recalled that this was a good property so we stayed there and were not disappointed. You can't beat the location! When you walk outside there a many fantastic restaurants just steps away all along the waterfront. You are also a very quick cab ride to the North End, Faneuil Hall, Fenway Park, The New England Aquarium, The Improve Comedy Club and so much more!
The hotel has nicely appointed nautical themed rooms that are modern and clean. It also features a great restaurant for breakfast, a bar for night time cocktails, drinks and live music; and there is a also a Starbucks inside the lobby. What I love is that all of Boston in steps or a short cab ride, but it is on the water away from the noise of the city so it if very tranquil and relaxing.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for amazing views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christine S
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Loved every aspect of staying in this hotel - friendly staff, good food, convenient location, good nearby dining and entertainment options and nice rooms - except for in my opinion it's overpriced (compared to its neighboring options that would provide similar or slightly lower value proposition for quite lower price).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Denis L
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights. Although the hotel is outside the city centre, I chose it as I had an early morning flight out of Logan. The silver line stops just across the street from the hotel and I found it to be more convenient than staying at an airport hotel and relying on the hotel shuttle.

The front desk staff were very friendly and I was delighted that they let me check in as early as 11am. The room was lovely - it was bright, spacious and nicely decorated. The only flaw was the hairdryer - I don't think I've ever come across such as pathetic hairdryer with hardly power in it. I really hope I have the chance to stay at this hotel again, but next time I'll bring my own hairdryer!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BelfastTraveller77
San Jose, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel was in a great location. It is away from the touristy areas. It is where the locals come and hang out. There is a restaurant named Yankee Lobster a block away with great prices on lobster and lobster mac and cheese oh so yummy. 1 1/2 block away is a bike hub station. For $6 you have 24 hours of access to these bikes. They make going to tour all of Boston so easy. And the best is that the bus station is across the street and the train is 1 block away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mrslazo
Fulton, NY
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband & I lucked out with landing a room for a 2 night stay in Boston via Priceline last minute. We normally try to stay near Copley area, but ventured out a bit further with our bid which was pleasantly accepted the morning of our trip. (under $200 per night) Hotel is conveniently located to MBTA stop (Silver Line) which connects easily to South Station connections to other areas you'd want to visit in Boston area.

Room was spacious, clean & comfy - had in room safe & frig. We were on the 9th floor & didn't hear any noise. Starbucks connected to lobby - an awesome surprise. Hotel staff were courteous & helpful upon check-in, check-out & any questions we on suggestions we had for dinner & local attractions.

We would definately look to stay here in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaafha
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed with our family (boys age 9, 12 & 1) for 3 nights over 4th of July weekend. The hotel is very modern and clean and the staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was larger then most standard hotel rooms and kept impeccable our whole stay. The Starbucks - real Starbucks in the lobby, not just "we serve Starbucks" - was a big bonus. The kids enjoyed the pool, although it is a lap pool only and there were a lot of kids in it, which was tough with such a narrow pool but the kids didn't seem to mind. The hotel is about mid priced per night for Boston and is located in the Harbor. We took taxis most of then time just bc it was more convenient with a stroller, but the Silver Line (access to T stations) was right across the street. I did a ton of research online trying to find a room and feel like we got a great deal. The one bad part of our stay was our first night there when we were all awaken by some very loud "50 Shades of Grey" like activity occurring in the adjacent room/ shared wall at 3:30am which did not subside for over 2 hours. Having worked in the hotel
business in my prior corporate life for almost ten years, I did not want to call down to the desk and put an employee in the awkward situation of addressing the noise with the guilty party - which was totally my choice. It was completely not anything the hotel could control - but a bit of a damper on our first day on the city dragging around 3 exhausted kids and parents!

• Stayed July 2014