“Family trip to Take daughter & friends to concert at the Blue Hills Bank Pavillion”

Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #36 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

We were looking for a hotel close to Blue Hills Pavillion so my daughter and 2 girl friends 17-19 years old could walk to the concert and over the bridge to Fanuiell Hall area. Location Perfect for this!
I had called the hotel a few weeks before to request a cot in the room( I do not usually travel with 5 people/ city hotels can not usually accommodate 5 in one room. We arrived a few hours before check in - I had no expectation that we could check in - but hoped we could leave our bags -They said the room they had for us was not ready - August is a very busy time and the hotel was booked solid - Not only did they check us in to an available room - they immediately brought the cot to our "new " room AND gave us a room on a high floor with a beautiful water view! The staff was pleasant and accommodating and made this trip with my daughter ( just before her 18 birthday) and friends very special ! Kudos to management to allow your staff to be so flexible - I am a loyal Marriott customer and this experience reminds me why!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for water view
2 Thank Smalbany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

New or renovated hotels stayed at the club level rooms. Everything was great BUT the valet drivers need some work in common courtesy. I had a rental and pulled up to pick up my bags that the hotel was holding and was berated/yelled at by the valet b/c I couldn't park and run in to get my bags unless I was going to pay the valet fee. Maybe it's time to hire a new valet company. Gives the hotel a bad name.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Bill B
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate your recent visit to the Renaissance.

I regret that your stay was negatively impacted due to a poor interaction with our Valet team. We work closely with an outside company to ensure a consistent level of service throughout the hotel and I apologize that your experience did not reflect that commitment. Rest assured that your feedback will be utilized as a learning tool for the future. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to serve you again soon.
La Jolla, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Friendly staff, step up from basic rooms. Located near water…true but...Faneuil Hall and the rest of the major attractions are a long walk away.
Nightmare as there was no water when we woke on Saturday morning. No fault of the hotel as it was reported to be a water main break. To their credit they did slide a letter under our door to alert us. Good news is the water service was restored but we were not told by the hotel. They could have programed their phones to do a robo call or message all the occupied rooms. But no. How would they handle a real disaster? Makes you think...
The Marriott at the Warf is a much better location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ThePinkCar
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay with us at the Renaissance. We appreciate your input.

I would like to extend my most sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you endured as a result of the unforeseen city water main break early Saturday morning. I can assure you that we place top priority on these incidents and our response, and your feedback is vital in our efforts to improve.

Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you again soon.
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed for a week in August with the family. The staff was very friendly and allowed us to check-in well before check-in time as we had an early flight. The Navigator was very helpful in pointing us in the direction we wanted. The room itself was comfortable with a great waterfront view, but the hotel is located a bit further from the historical areas we anticipated visiting than I had hoped. Luckily we discovered Uber on day 3, which elimated the 1.3 mile walk to and from the Faneuil Hall area. The pool is located indoors, and is a long skinny lap pool, not necessary well suited for children to relax and play in when there people are trying to swim laps.

This would be a great place to stay if traveling on business, but for tourist traveling with children, I would look for something closer to the areas you plan to spend most of your time.

1 Thank JamesinFL
Adam M, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind comments regarding your smooth arrival to our hotel and our team's ability to accommodate an early check in. While the Seaport district is admittedly not as close to some of the historical sights in Boston, there is quite a bit of development in the area that should bring additional retail offerings and attractions. We hope you return to us in the future and thank you again for sharing your experience!
Harrisville, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed overnight so we could take the Boston harbor tour the nest day.The breakfast was awesome, and the rooms and staff were excellent!!! You would not be disappointed!!! And you are right near the waterfront across the street!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donald S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Nice place to stay, room with two beds not very roomy for the price. Extras are pricey, 16.75 for internet. Food is pricey but, has starbucks but not much selection in breakfast food. Front desk and "navigator" very helpful. Located in up and coming area south end of town but several places to eat and short taxi ride to the long wharf and next door to sivler line stop

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike W
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here for five nights in August 2014: kind of in an industrial area but within walking distance to a few restaurants/bars. Check in was easy, you can do mobile check-in/out, the front desk staff were very nice and helpful. Eisha at the "Navigator" desk was AWEsome, really helped me find my way around Boston and full of recommendations. The hotel itself is very nice, newer and clean, has a restaurant, bar and Starbucks inside, is located on the waterfront. Places you can't walk to, you can easily cross the street and take the Silver Line and basically get anywhere in Boston you need to by train - super easy! We took the train to Harvard, Boston College, Boston Commons/Garden, Fenway Park, and other places - the train is very convenient and inexpensive. The restaurant, however, is pricey. I didn't want to pay $22 for pancakes plus all the fees so I ate at Starbuck's every day, but they only have oatmeal and cold bagels at this Starbucks (not hot breakfast sandwiches). I ordered room service one night and somehow it came to $75 for a very basic meal for two (no drinks), so the rest of the nights we ate out. The caesar salad actually comes with anchovies but that's not listed on the menu, so be warned, it's very fishy.

The room itself was very quiet and spacious, we had a city-view room, double beds on the 11th floor. Bathroom has lots of space for toiletries. The hair dryer kind of terrible, didn't have much power to it at all. Room had a (very dirty/gross) coffee maker, mini-refrigerator, big closet, and a safe. The electrical outlets on the nightstand didn't work in my room, but there were plenty of others to use. The room had a big desk, drawers and a decent sized TV, the AC worked great and was very quiet. Beds are super comfortable. My one complaint is that in-room wifi cost $16.95/day. Had I known this at booking, I would have stayed elsewhere. That said, all the common areas (lobbies) had free wifi so it got me out of my room. Not a bad place to stay in Boston.

2 Thank Victoria B