“First time to Boston”

Beantown Trolley
Ranked #61 of 148 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Beantown Trolley offers an 80 minute hop on/hop off sightseeing tour of Boston with unlimited reboarding. Added value includes a free Harbor Cruise / or admission to the Mapparium, a walk thru glass globe of the world at the Mary Baker Eddy Library. Find our ticket booths at Long Wharf near the NE Aquarium, at Faneuil Hall and at our main Gray Line Ticket Office at 8 Park Plaza, located within the MA Transportation Building lobby.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We wish that could have rode the trolley everyday. Tony was really funny and we enjoyed riding around with him.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"constitution"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Eric was extremely knowledgeable and enthusiastic. He is single handedly responsible for changing my opinion on the 'cheesiness' of tourist trolley companies. The tour was not cheesy at all and I learned quite a lot, despite having been to Boston multiple times before. Highly recommend it, but stay on for the whole tour. Do not get off until you have seen everything, trust me. you will have a much better idea afterward of what you would like to go back and explore more thoroughly.
Thanks for a great time!

2  Thank ladystella25
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We did not have a great experience with this company. We chose it because it had a shuttle from our hotel to downtown. The trolley seats were very small and uncomfortable. It was hard to see out of the trolley, especially if the plastic wind shields were down in the back seats. I wish we would have chosen the service that has a big bus so you can sit up high and see the sights more easily. Or do the Duck Tour...... I will say however that the ticket was reasonably priced and it included a harbor tour which was fantastic.

1  Thank ichoosejoy
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our tour guide was great but the trolley was bumpy, wooden seats were uncomfortable and it was very hard to hear with the big open windows. I missed half of what was said, but we enjoyed the tour. Best of all, you can hop on and hop off all day - and you'll want to hop off to give your bum a break.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We took the trolley tour on Saturday, October 12. We got to the kiosk at the aquarium just before 9:00 and were told that the first trolley wouldn't be leaving until about 9:25. We were a little disappointed and did see one competitor leave right at 9:00, but this didn't bother us enough to spoil our time.

We hopped off once at stop #9 and walked about 1/4 mile to the Museum of Fine Arts and then the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. The driver, Mike, was very helpful in giving us directions there and reminding us where to catch the trolley after visiting the museums. When we got back to the stop, we only had to wait 5 minutes for the trolley, which was perfect because it was a drizzly day.

Both guides were good. Mike, our first driver, was a little quieter, but still full of interesting and helpful information. Eric was hysterical and I appreciated his sarcastic sense of humor, although I suppose that type of humor isn't enjoyed by everyone.

Overall, I think that Beantown Trolley is a good bet. With the exception of the one competitor's trolley that left at 9:00 and those that were making the same stops as ours, I really didn't see other trolleys. I certainly didn't experience what others have said about waiting as other companies' trolleys came by. This was an easy way to get around the city and see a lot of sights in a short amount of time.

We bought the GoBoston card and this was one of the included attractions/activities. For us, it was well-worth the money.

2  Thank imatourist82

Been to Beantown Trolley? Share your experiences!