“I could live there.”

and 1 more site!
Gryphon House
Ranked #5 of 38 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2011

That was my first thought when I entered the RiverView room after climbing the mural-wrapped staircase. It was inviting and comfortable. Every detail of the professional decoration was perfect, and as one would hope in Boston, the highlight was the gas fireplace. From the windows is easy to look past the immediate view of roads and traffic to the nice view of the river.
The Gryphon House was less than 3 blocks from a T stop (I had never used a subway before, but with helpful explanations from the Gryphon House staff, I used the T to go to Harvard). The stroll up Commonwealth to the Commons, Prudential Towers, Copley Square, etc. offered many opportunities to enjoy the architecture, the trees and small front gardens of the residential areas - and Newbury Street offered all of the shopping and dining experiences anyone could want. The area felt very safe for an individual walking after dark.
The Gryphon House offered a nice, simple continental breakfast. The staff was extremely friendly, and they were well-prepared with directions to various locations, etc.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Gryphon House

Reviewed 3 May 2011

I've been staying at the Gryphon House for 8 years and always feel right at home. Conveniently right off Storrow Drive, with the entrance in the back, and "my room" downstairs, it makes for easy in and out. I love being able to make a pot of tea or coffee whenever I want, or bring back leftovers from dinner nearby. Breakfast in the morning, while simple, is always good, and I never leave hungry. Being within walking distance of Fenway, House of Blues and the T make this a perfect spot.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I will definitely be returning to the Gryphon House. It is affordable, clean, inviting, comfortable and convenient. The breakfast is very basic (breads, pastries, yogurt, cereal, fruit, coffee/tea and juice) but included in the price of a room with a fireplace, flat screen tv with tons of channels and a dvd player (dvds can be borrowed from the library), kitchenette and private bathroom, it is perfectly fine. It is near the Kenmore Square T-stop, not far from Fenway, and in walking distance to BU, so it is great for visiting schools and sites in the Boston area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Great location - walk to Fenway, BU, Newbury Street, or the Charles. Always feel welcome and at home. Fantastic. Have stayed many times.

Room Tip: View the rooms on line.
  • Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I bought my husband tickets to see the Drop Kick Murphy's for Christmas It was for St. Patty's Day for my Irish man. I asked him where we should stay. He said check out if they have any B&B's. I can across theGryohon House. Read all the reviews and made our resevations. WOW what an amazing treasure.Stay in the Tuscany or Morning side rooms. It is VERY close to Fennway and Kemore Q\Square and the Green line which will take you to any of the tourist atractions you want to see. Quincey Market and all the shopping streets. We will Definatly be going back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We had a fabulous room in a historic brownstone in Kenmore. The inn was so great we changed our plans to spend more time in the room. The owners and saff were great.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Amazing B&B. Among the best I've ever stayed in. Warm, gracious, cozy and inviting. The house is an architectural gem in and of itself. Built in 1895, it has the original moulding, floors, spiral stair case and the same French made mural wallpaper that also hangs in the Smithsonian. I know this because I bothered to ask about the history of the house from the owner, given the beautiful interior design. But the best part is the gas enclosed fireplace in each room and comfortable beds, which makes sleeping a pleasure not found in any standart hotel. My son and I stayed in the house during a visit to the BerkleeCollege of Music which is in walking distance. The Gryphon House's location makes it easy to access public transportation that can take you anywhere in the city, including Harvard, BU, the old city and more. The owner and her staff could not have been more hospitable, making sure we felt comfortable and secure. We could nogt have been more pleased with this great find.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business