“GREAT LOCATION & Accommodations”
Review of Hotel Boston

Hotel Boston
Ranked #77 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Brick, New Jersey
“GREAT LOCATION & Accommodations”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Loved the hotel & staff. Comfortable room (bed a bit soft). Staff accommodating & extremely pleasant. Pricey yet worth it because of location & nearby transportation. You don't need to dal with traffic or trying to find parking. We left our car @ hotel & walked 2 blocks to train, they call "T". Bought prepaid card at store on corner. Trip on "T" is $2 each way. Takes you from Boston college to government center (green line). Great shopping on Newbury St. Blocks & blocks of shopping! Train run along commonwealth ave, and couldn't be more convenient.
If you're traveling to boston, this is the place to stay. More convenient than 5 star hotels!!!

Room Tip: Ask for first floor!!! No pool & no restaurant, although food establishments within walking dis...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate your valuable feedback and your kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on offering the very best service to our guests, to ensure they have a memorable experience. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 18 October 2013

WOW! Nice place compared to some of the other Best Westerns we have stayed in years past. Loved everything about it. Glad I had my GPS to find it. (What is this?? they want a minumum of 200 characters??? Hey I can go on and on about this place but like I said prior--"Loved everything about it". You won't be disapointed about the Ginnetti Best Western. Let's see if I have enough character now :-)

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay, and the kind words regarding your experience. We appreciated your valuable feedback, and I will be sure to share this with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future when you return to the area.
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 October 2013

When we checked in there was a loud group in the room next door. We went to the front desk and complained and they swiftly rectified the situation. So, the staff is excellent. The room was good size, but very much showing its age. Although the bed seemed new, the carpet and furniture looked old and tired. The couch had torn cushions. The bath was small, which I did not expect in a suite. Definitely not the quality I am accustomed to seeing for the price, but I guess being in Boston is what made is so expensive. I've stayed it much nicer rooms in other major cities (Denver, recently) for a lot less.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We appreciate your valuable feedback. I am glad to know that we were able to rectify a problem that you encountered with a swift resolution. We do have a great staff who prides themselves on a service effort that is above and beyond. As for our rooms we are currently doing redecorating and we look forward to your return in the future so that we may have an opportunity to impress you beyond our service.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

On my way home spent the afternoon and night in Boston. The hotel was great. Very comfortable room with a fridge and free wifi. Staff are very helpful and provided great suggestions of things to see in Boston in a 6-8 hour period.
Gave directions on how to get downtown via train and were to get off to see the local sights, including the red line on the sidewalk which is a walking tour of the historical buildings.
Great hot and cold breakfast included with your stay. A place I would go back to the next time I am in the area

Room Tip: Inside court rooms where we stayed were very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jean F
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay and about our staff. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with superior service. We hope that the next time you are passing through you will stop in and enjoy another stay with us.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Let me first say the staff was very helpful. The room was updated and clean. However I felt the bathroom walls and trim could be cleaned better. The location is key and the nearby restaurants
were great especially the Tasca Tapas. The nearby train system is also a plus.

Room Tip: ask for a room that has been updated
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ArleneHa
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and location. I have informed my housekeeping staff about the bathroom, and made sure they immediately took care of the trim. I do apologize that it was not cleaned properly for your arrival. We hope to see you again in the future.
Lake Stevens, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The location of the hotel was very convenient, and parking was free, which was a bonus compared to other local hotels. However, the room was freezing, as the heat was turned off for all of the rooms as it had been hot two days before our visit, and our individual heater would not control the temperature in our room. Noise from upstairs residents kept us up to 2:00 AM despite complaints to the night clerk. Various features did not work in each of the two rooms in which we stayed, including certain lights. Finally, on our second to last night in the hotel, we woke up to a mouse in the room, who darted behind the chest of drawers holding the TV. Given the totality of the circumstances, I simply cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank William S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I would like to apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay with us. We are extremely proactive when it comes to pest control and we have several preventative room inspections per month. In regards to the broken fixtures and heat I have worked with my staff to repair these problems so that we do not have this occurrences again. Thank you for providing me with your feedback so that I may use this as a training tool for my staff. We hope to see you again in the future.
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Better on the inside than what you see on the outside at first glance. From the street it looked very much like a highway inn. However, when I checked in, the desk area was very decent and the staff was very helpful. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered my room. The room was equipped with a nice flat screen television, the bed was very comfortable and clean, there was a counter area with a microwave and coffee pot, and the closet was a nice size. There was a luggage rack in the room as well. The room was nice and crisp in temperature, which is always great to not enter a hot and muggy room. The bathroom was a bit small but it was decent enough for me. The tub was a decent size...I'm a tall woman and was able to soak in a hot bath comfortably. The desk staff called about 30 minutes after my check-in to make sure everything was alright (I've never had that happen in any hotel I've stayed in so that was a major plus!).

Other pluses...free wi-fi, It is situated in a walking neighborhood that is populated by a young crowd, its near the rail station if you were interested in using public transportation, and there is a bank, supermarket, convenience stores, and a few restaurants in the neighborhood in walking distance. They offer breakfast although I didn't eat anything. Definitely okay for a few night's stay especially considering the high hotel rates in the city.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I appreciate your kind words that you shared in regards to our rooms and staff. We pride ourselves on offering our guest's with a great and memorable service experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.