“Always Dependable”
Review of Hotel Boston

Hotel Boston
Ranked #77 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 4 January 2014

You won't go wrong staying at this hotel! Perfect location, clean, the staff friendly. Boston and other points of interest are within a twenty-minute train ride. Close to a T stop. Couldn't ask for anything more!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the kind words you had to say about our property. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was our second stay with this particular hotel and equally satisfying. Given that it had been over a year since our previous stay it was wonderful to see the same standard was being maintained. After a long drive and late arrival, it's always terrific to be able to "know" that when you arrive things will be okay. The hotel is in a good neighbourhood and I felt like our vehicle was safe when parked overnight. Also, when walking with my family to and from the hotel I felt like we were safe and in a good residential neighborhood. It almost feels like home compared to where we live. The hotel is located very close to the subway and that makes it very easy to commute in and out of the city. We prefer not to drive if we can and this is a major plus. I can't think of much I would change about the hotel. It's terrific value and somewhere I would strongly recommend and consider returning to if we were in Boston again .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at our property. We appreciated your kind words, and look forward to continue to serve your needs in the future. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I make my bed every day, and for someone to do it for me made me feel spoiled.

I had a great time at this hotel.They were very helpful and attentive to my needs. I actually connected quite well with the staff and feel as though they helped me with things even though it wasn't quite their usual job. It's was a very convenient and exciting experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to know that you felt spoiled during your stay, as we pride ourselves on offering excellent guest service. We hope to see you again in the future. Have a great Holiday.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Dear Readers, I love this hotel. I stay here near my brother whenever his house is full. In Brighton this albeit subtle but not that hard to find hotel is just over the edge of his town line. I don't know about the subway, or breakfast but agree the staff are the friendliest, I love the orange theme.
You gotta like orange and I do. That is the sacral, creative chakra. Of course I like blue but if you want to wake up the next day and feel happy & excited the night before, orange is the way to go.

Everything you need: fridge, coffee, USA Today, HBO(!) and the water temperature is usually fine. It is true the walls are thin. So don't have any top-secret conversations in the bathtub(bonus: trading barbs with your neighbors? Free:) Oh god I love it. How often have you said to yourself, "This is so comfortable maybe I don't really need a king bed."

Why am I going on and on? It is because Boston hotels are expensive for what you get and this is an affordable little gem.True, if you park at 6pm and stay you're golden and after 10pm you do have to look a little bit. I only give 4 instead of 5 stars here because this is a motel: I don't want to confuse people with money to burn that this is the JW Marriott Desert Ridge, AZ. But you might be surprised. For me, as long as you have a tub and coffee it's a lot about the color palette.

So many hotels have unnecessary updates. Club Med Sandpiper, I'm looking at you. From blue to red, really?! And it costs millions. It it ain't broke don't fix it.

Now I'm afraid people will find out about this best western and there will be no place to park:)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We will do our best not to change, but as our industry moves forward we want to always make sure we are competitive. Some things will never change though, and you can always count on our personable and helpful staff. We hope to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful Holiday.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Close to BC, BU and the "T", the hotel is a comfortable place to stay. Reservations for BU graduation were easily made in advance as well as on a recent spur-of-the-moment stay. Beds are comfortable, the rooms and the general property are attractive and there is on-site parking available. Breakfast is a nice bonus - convenient and tasty. Within walking distance to good restaurants on Beacon Street, although it's a bit of a commute to the downtown Boston sites.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words regarding our hotel. We have a goal to become the "hidden gem" of Boston and you couldn't have described us better. We thank you for that. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and hope you and your family have a great Holiday.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

A little tricky to get to but the BWUH served our purposes for a one night stay. Two large TV's in the King Suite; quiet area, coffee in the room, refrigerator for morning juice. Nice touch. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. I couldn't agree more that it can be difficult to travel throughout Boston. They did not have GPS in mind when they formed our streets. We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The bed was unusually comfortable; we slept very well. It is conveniently located on a main thoroughfare which leads right into downtown Boston. I have stayed twice at this hotel. The only disappointment is that the breakfast room fills up quickly. It is very small for the size of the hotel, so the breakfast items run out quickly too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwcommave, General Manager at Hotel Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know that you had a great experience and that the bed was very comfortable. We have made it a point to make sure we add additional staff whenever we anticipate a breakfast rush, so that the food is always readily available. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.