“Awful”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #34 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed at the Inn at Longwood in for one night this June for a conference. The front desk staff were unhelpful, unfriendly and very slow (Terrance I believe was his name - but the woman who checked me out was equally unfriendly and surly.
When I got to my room, the desk chair had the seat cushion detached with the screws taken out of it and was sitting on top on the desk. The bathroom had a used soap bar in it. The rooms are also noisy, but that's to be expected given the location. The bed was very firm, so if you like a rock hard bet, you'll be happy.
I would NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mimi34marg
bievenue, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Thank you for staying with us. Please accept my apologies regarding the condition of your guest andf staff attitude. I understand your displeasure. The staff and I regret disappointing you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed 14 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a college trip for our daughter. The hotel was in an excellent location and very convenient to get around Boston. We were first met by Antonio at the front desk and found him to be engaging and an absolute pleasure to deal with. Later we dealt with Terrill and he too was very nice. The room was clean and about what we expected from the property. The problem was that the bed was about the most uncomfortable bed we have ever had in a hotel room and it made for a rather poor night of sleep. While recognizing that there can be wide variations between hotel beds this one was at the very low end of the spectrum and was, in our view, unacceptable. I see where some other reviewers commented on the comfort of the beds and note that we had a queen bed and leave open the possibility that the problem is restricted to the queen sets and everything else is fine. With our child beginning college near the hotel this fall we will be traveling to Boston and staying several times per year. While the staff is excellent and makes us want to return for our future trips, I must say that I cannot say I would do it without knowing that the problem was with that particular bed and does not represent all of them at the property.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bluefinguy

Thank you for staying with us and luck to your child in college . Sorry you did get a good night's sleep. As you mentioned in your post we do also get compliants on our beds and we understand comfort is an individual thing. We are always replacing mattresses and again I apologize that yours was not comfortable and understand your concern.

Reviewed 2 June 2011

Our daughter was rushed to the hospital next door and we needed a place to stay for an unknown period of time. The folks at the BW were exceptionally accommodating - we'd already stayed several nights, checking in and out each day - they knew our situation and even when they became booked made arrangements for us. I ended up staying six nights.

I found their towels to be plush, luxurious and absorbent and wanted to use those towels in my business. I called back to the hotel a couple weeks after our stay and Noah called me back with specific information on where to find these towels - excellent service even after the stay! How could you ask for more!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank macniven
Reviewed 25 May 2011

When I returned home to West Virginia, I realized that my checkbook was missing. You can imagine that I was quite concerned that it would fall into the wrong hands. As it turned out it fell into the hands of Noah Gopin, the Housekeeping Supervisor, and these were the "right hands". When I called him looking for the checkbook, I was delighted and relieved that he and his staff had fouund it. He got it back to me via UPS within a couple of days. Thanks, Noah!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank scsmd
Reviewed 27 April 2011

This hotel is perfect for staying the night before a hospial visit or exam. It is right in the middle of the hospital district in Boston and has a small mall under the hotel (Longwood Galleria). This hotel could use some TLC however, as it looks like it hasn't had a "spruce" in a while. The staff was very helpful and if you do happen to be in the city for a medical visit, there is a medical rate available. I paid $169/ night with medical rate and the best available rate was around $240.

Room Tip: Suggest getting a room away from the Brookline Ave
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Hands down the top Best Western I've ever stayed in. Location was great, easily walkable to Fenway, Copley Square, Expo Center, and train stops. Front desk was nice as well as knowledgeable. Rooms were comfy too. There's also a foodcourt attached if you need a meal (McDonalds to sushi and more) or a drugstore. And the hotel restaurant I'd give three stars, plus five stars for its convenvience.

Beds are low, maybe knee high at most. But much more comfortable than I expected.

I was there for the marathon and they had food items out for us to grab race morning and a great little happy hour table after the race. All around a great experience at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stchuckmom
Reviewed 15 April 2011

What a shock that this hotel could be so nice. My daughter had to stay in the hospital next door for a few days. We looked at a corporate rate a some high end hotels ( four seasons and the Ritz) but decided the closeness to the hospital was the top priority. Now I am not saying this is the Ritz but for a clean room with a comfortable bed at a good price this was great.

the only complaint would be that there was a lot of street noise. this is probably standard for boston but took a little getting use to for me.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Boston Hotel Buckminster
Back Bay
The Midtown Hotel
The Midtown Hotel
#65 of 85 in Boston

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!