“One of the best I have stayed in.”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #39 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the best I have stayed in.”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Me and my husband stayed at this location one weekend during a Red Sox game. We started the night out eatting at the Grille located in the hotel. They had our favorite beer on tap, Sam Adams Brick Red and the food was very good. After that we walked to Fenway Park to the game since it was only a short distance. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Next time we are in Boston for a game or for fun we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Very close to Fenway.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I was in Boston for a conference, and this was my first time in this special city. The striking thing about the lnn was the reassurance I felt that they would keep my wishes on top of the agenda. The front desk was professional, their attention to keeping me comfortable was commendable. And of course, the concierge, was just great.
Definitely going back there again, if I get the chance.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I took my husband to Fenway for his birthday & decided to an overnight stay to enjoy the sights & food of Boston.I chose this hotel because of it's close proximity to Fenway. In fact, Fenway is conveniently in walking distance. Over all we enjoyed our stay. The front desk settled us in right away, it was very peaceful and we slept well.

However, after our stay I experienced a billing issue and it is yet to be resolved with management. Which is very disappointing. My hope is that it gets taken care of promptly or I will not be returning to this hotel on any future trips to Boston.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Harwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We'd driven to Boston to visit relatives who were staying at the Best Western Inn at Longwood and my father's cell phone fell out in the hotel's parking garage. We called the hotel when we got home. Luckily someone had turned the phone in at the garage's booth and the attendant had given the phone to the hotel's Lost & Found. We reached Noah Gopin who is in charge of Lost and Found and he was extremely helpful. He took our information and the phone was returned safely to my father in less than 48 hours. Noah even turned off the phone to save the battery. He was kind, calm, and clearly had the solution in hand. They provided us excellent service and we weren't even staying at the hotel. Five stars. P.S. We live on Cape Cod and the trip to the hotel & back home was easy so anyone staying at the hotel could comfortably visit the Cape.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I am an event organizer for a number of programs associated with Harvard and the associated teaching hospitals (Brigham and Women's, Children's, etc.) and have been working with the Best Western Inn at Longwood for years. The group sales staff at the hotel have been nothing short of helpful, courteous and amenable over the years as I have contacted them with accommodation requests for guest lodging for groups ranging from just a few rooms to large multi-day and week room blocks. The hotel itself is located in a highly accessible area of the city with proximity to Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Public Health, the Harvard Conference Center Brigham and Women's Hospital, Children's Hospital Boston, Best Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Fenway Park, the Museum of Fine Arts and many other Boston landmarks. I recommend the hotel on a regular basis for these reasons and the fact that the property is well maintained, has modern, clean rooms and is in a safe, highly traveled area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I'm a business travel and I think I know hotels. I'm also a major cheapo and don't like getting "taken to the cleaners". I paid premium prices but got the Motel 6 treatment. I felt like I had taken a time machine to the 1980's. Number one complaint: The mattresses had no padding. I felt like I was sleeping on a crib mattress (plastic and springs). I think the problem is the lack of competition near by. The management / owners know they have a good thing going (i.e., a monopoly on hotels near to the Medical center) so they're just not going to try to "raise the bar". Extremely disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Celestine
Reviewed 4 May 2012

The stay exceeded our expectation. The staff was great, helped us in anyway they could in finding places around the city. We stayed in town, since we were running the Boston Marathon, they provided the guest their own post marathon party. Very clean and updated rooms. Concierge was a very nice guy, hospitality was out of this world. Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ben G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#10 of 83 in Boston
Boston Hotel Buckminster

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!