“Super!”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #35 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We were 4 friends, and the room was really really big. The hotel was clean and the people at the reception were really kind, nice and helpful!
The hotel was close to the subway, and so it's really easy to go around Boston.
Everything was perfect: great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This is the first time I stayed at this hotel though I've been to Boston several times. I went to Boston this time for a one-day conference and presentation at Harvard Medical School. The check in process with Jenne H. was seamless and she offered advice on places to eat, directions, hailed me a cab and was an all around joy! I truly hope that she is acknowledged for her professionalism and lovely charisma. Not to mention that the accommodations were ideal - nice and clean rooms, nice view and quiet. I love the double locks on the door and would definitely stay there again. Thanks again Jenne H.!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My husband and I have been coming to this hotel for 10 years. He is a patient of the Brigham and Women's and we needed to be close to this hospital. I have never had any problems other than keys not working for us but the staff took care of this right away. We have everything we need in our room from plenty of towels, comfortable beds, clean room and a good view . We recently stayed again and I had no worries about what to expect. We enjoyed the restaurant downstairs and also had the convience of other eateries in the same area. CVS is also close by. We have booked again for April and we are looking foward to seeing the great staff there especially Noah and Angel.
I would highly recommend this great hotel to all. Helene M.

Room Tip: front rooms are a little noisy
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Rooms are clean. Hotel is quiet. Feels more like a Holiday Inn than anything else. The glaring omission for me is the one not so high quality soap and shampoo. No conditioner. It couldn't cost very much for them to provide an upgrade to their toiletries and it would make a huge difference in the feel of the place. Very close to many of the major hospitals in the area. You can often get better pricing on-line than their hospital patient/visitor rate.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I'm afraid I wasn't too thrilled with my recent two-night stay for an interview at Harvard Med School (thankfully the school paid for it). The room was OK, but a horrible view, but annoyingly didn't have cold water, so you couldn't get a drink of water unless you liked hot water. And they were doing a lot of construction in the room next door, up through until 9pm at night! I called the desk to complain and ask if they could stop at a reasonable hour, say 5pm, and they denied there was any hotel work going on and said "it must be Harvard." I went out my door (Rm 822) and verified that they were working next door in Rm 824 (door half open) - called back, they said they'd "check on it". The work still continued for another half hour. Pretty poor customer service & room for $200 a night! On the plus side it's in the "Galleria" with a "food court" and a CVS pharmacy right there.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Carl C
Reviewed 7 March 2013

This hotel was perfect for us, right next door to Children's Hospital. Clean room had mini frig for his medicine and small microwave. We ate downstairs and it was fine. Also connects to food court with 8 fast food /coffee options. Not large rooms but hey it's downtown Boston, they are not! When we went, it was complimentary parking, HUGE bonus we appreciated. Would stay here and recommend again and again. No pool if that is a deal breaker for your family. Staff (Angel) friendly and helpful. Discount if using hospital for medical needs, with documentation. Easily booked on line. Helped make tough situation easier.

Room Tip: Rooms on Longwood street side can hear ambulances in night at times. Would ask for rooms facing sid...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I stayed at the Inn at Longwood for the first time, the staff is wonderful and very accommodating, the beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. Every one was helpful and friendly. I was there while having some test done at Brigham and Woman's hospital. We had a great view from our room and enjoyed the candy treat on valentines day they left in the room. I would recommend staying here. Good restaurants close and the T was within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Madeline W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Boston Hotel Buckminster
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
The Verb Hotel
#9 of 86 in Boston

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!