“Extraordinary Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Toronto
“Extraordinary Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I visited the Inn on Wednesday June 11, 2014 for a one-night stay. Unfortunately I had forgotten my iPhone power charger and my iPhone was running out of charge. This was going to cause me severe grief.

I asked the man at the front desk...his name is Noah Gopin, if he knew where I could purchase another one. He said that the Inn did not have a compatible charger (and that there were no close local stores to purchase one, but that he would lend me his personal charger. His shift was just about to end and he said that I could keep for the night and return it to the front desk in the morning.

I thought this was extremely nice of Noah and I am sure the Inn would not compel its employees to lend personal property to its guests.

I would like to acknowledge Noah....Thank you very much.

Timothy Farlow
3606 Thorpedale Ct
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada
L5L 3V6
416-272-6092

Of course I did return it

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Sir thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are very proud and pleased that Noah was able to assist you. Your comments and review will be shared with all of our staff. Thank you again.
Brian Stiglets

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently we have been taking my son to Boston Children's Hospital and we stayed at the Longwood Inn, from the parking to walking in the door they were amazing! We walked in the door and the staff greeted us with smiles and made us all feel welcome. We are having to travel to Boston again for my sons surgery and they were amazing at meeting our needs during this difficult time for my family. Would highly recommend and they are in a great location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank April M
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the thoughtful review. We hope you son is doing well and look forward to taking care of your family on your next trip.
Best
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have not yet stayed at the Inn at Longwood; however if their facility is like the staff behind their reservation desk then this is an indication of an excellent property. I found myself in a very stressful situation when I came to the reservation desk. My daughter had just been diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer and I needed a block of rooms so we could have chemo at Dana Farber Cancer Center. Jennifer Baker stepped up to help me. This young woman was a life saver. She was patient, kind and respectful even though I didn't have all the dates available she calmed me down checked for availability and told me to call her as soon as we finished with the doctor the next day and we would set up the rooms. Next day I showed up at the desk and she handled everything for me and got all the rooms scheduled then I had to add extra days and she patiently changed the reservations to accommodate me and then printed out all the dates and confirmation numbers and everything I needed to keep it all straight. This young woman is an asset to her employer and an excellent representative of her company's commitment to good customer service. I can't thank you enough, Jennifer
Fran Schindler
Chapel Hill North Carolina

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review during a very hectic time for you and your family. Best wishes for your daughter and her health. We are very glad Jennifer was able to take care of your needs and appreciate you recognizing her in your post.
Regards
Valparaiso, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

An old poorly maintained hotel, with a hostile front desk. Poor quality food in the restaurant. My room was not available at 6.30 PM despite the reservation being made months in advance. Conversely the front desk insisted that I vacate the room at Noon on the day of departure when I requested an extra hour. The faucet in the shower fell off every time it was touched. Basically this is a motel 7 quality hotel that earns its business because of its proximity to the Boston hospitals. The room at $209 per night was highway robbery.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review about your stay with us. The staff and I apologize your room was not ready and we were unable to extend your check out. Will share your comments with the staff as well the problem with your shower.
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Needs update but its perfectly located and a good buy. easy walk to Museum of Fine arts. Room ok but everything old and musty. staff very nice and helpful. Few nearby dinner spots. Trattoria Toscana is best we found. lots of patient parents staying here with sick kids nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you posting a review. Glad you enjoyed your stay in Boston.
Bethel, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Sometimes life throws you a curve -- but it's the people you encounter during times of stress that can make all the difference in the outcome. Noah at The Inn at Longwood Medical is one of those kind and compassionate people who go out of their way to make a difference.

My daughter is a grad student in Boston. I live about three hours away. On the eve of a huge, 4-hour exam she had to take, she and her boyfriend had a major disagreement. With another 4-hour test ahead of her the next day, sleep deprivation, and a desire to avoid the argument that might await her if she went back to his apartment where her clothes, computer, etc., were, she called me in a panic not knowing where to go or what to do. I immediately thought of The Inn at Longwood Medical, which I had admired on previous visits to Boston, but had never had the opportunity to stay at.

I called the inn and Noah answered the phone. I asked if they had any rooms for the right, and they did, but when Noah told me the rate, I gasped. Single mom here, paying for grad school. I briefly explained what the situation with my daughter was, he put me on hold, and came back with a rate I could manage. He said he understood that sometimes people run into difficulties and need someone who can help them out. He told me my daughter would be safe there and could rest and have a quiet place to study for her test. He assured me that I didn't need to worry and that she would be in good hands.

When my distraught daughter arrived at the front desk about 15 minutes later, Noah was there to greet her and tell her that everything would be okay. She's 23, and he handed her a teddy bear. She called me once she got up to her room and I could hear the relief in her voice.

In a world where customer service and kindness seem to be nonexistent, Noah demonstrated that there are still people out there who care and will go out of their way to help a total stranger in a time of need. I imagine that many of their guests are families whose children are being seen at nearby Children's Hospital or one of the other hospitals that ring Longwood Avenue. I can think of no better place for families under such duress to stay than at The Inn at Longwood Medical, where employees like Noah are genuine in their compassion and concern for their guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. So glad your daughter stayed with us and do hope things are better for her.We appreciate the comments regarding Noah and will share them with him and the entire staff. We are very proud to have him on our team and pleased he was able to help put you and your daughter at ease.
ssmith44
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I am a VIP Expedia Member. I booked three nights in May 2014 at the LongWood Medical for my wife. Her sister was having an operation at the adjacent hospital. Upon check in, my wife noted that she may check out a day early because the date of discharge for her sister was unknown. The Longwood staff informed my wife that if she booked directly through the hotel she could have received a thirty percent discount for medical stay and they would have honored an early discharge. Since she booked through Expedia (though it was a booked with the pay at hotel option) she was told by the Longwood staff she would have to pay the full 3 day rate, even if she stayed only 2 nights. I was surprised by the Hotels unwillingness to provide the alternate rate or early discharge option because it was booked through Expedia. Most good hotels would have. It ended up she stayed only for 2 nights and paid for 3 nights. Lesson learned about how a poorly managed hotel treats their guests.

I have booked a significant amount of my business travel and personal travel through Expedia without ever requesting assistance. I can say clearly that Expedia provided no support in trying to resolve this issue. It is time to find an alternate Travel support company.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel that deals honestly and fairly with their guests.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Please accept our apologies for having to pay for a night you did not use. I agree I would not use Expedia in booking a hotel. It seems always better to book direct with the hotel.
Please let me know if you are coming back to this area. Would like the opportunity to make this up to you. Please contact me at bstiglets@innatlongwood.com so I can assist with your reservation.
Brian Stiglets
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Fenway / Kenmore
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway
The Verb Hotel
#13 of 83 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,676 reviews
Fenway / Kenmore
Boston Hotel Buckminster

Been to The Inn at Longwood Medical? Share your experiences!