“Outstanding Service and easy access to Fenway”

The Inn at Longwood Medical
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Draper
“Outstanding Service and easy access to Fenway”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We can't say enough about the service we received. Noah went above and beyond helping us get a room after we had messed up the reservation (we booked the wrong day). He called dozens of hotels looking for a place for us. Finally he and the manager kindly got us a room after a cancellation and did so at our original price. We will return to the Inn just because of their service. The rooms were nice and the walk to Fenway was short and safe.

• Stayed June 2014
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding Noah and our staff. So glad you were able to stay with us and appreciate you posting a review. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff.
Brian Stiglets

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2014

While keeping an eye on us during our stay at the Inn in February, Simon, one of our (stuffed animals) on "Security Detail" was accidentally left behind in the room, as he was still in hiding, behind the Large Screen Television set' as we packed and departed! When we called to report him missing, the Inn's staff quickly found him and agreed to keep him safe until our next visit. Well, Mr. Davies promised to keep him in his executive office, with other "special animals," and that's where SIMON met HOPE! We did not know until then, that HOPE is a very special Bear, whose story about comforting sick children is on the Inn's website.., and we're told that they are now inseparable, and gave us HOPE to take home. This stay for our 2nd surgical procedure proved again to have been a very good decision. We again were able to walk back and forth to the hospital, and had lots of choices of where to eat, from the hotels full service restaurant, the many vendors in the attached food court, the several area's hospitals' cafeterias and coffee shops, and a Bertucci's restaurant. When we checked out this past Monday, we were really impressed by the assistance provided moving our "lots of stuff," by the concierge attendant "Jose," who all along was extremely pleasant and cheerful as he greeted as on a daily basis. We "hope" not to have to visit too often for medical reasons, but we may well come for a pleasant weekend get-a-way, to include walking to a nearby Red Sox game. The team was just leaving for "away games" as we arrived, and we were kind of busy, anyway!
As mentioned in our past review, the room was immaculate, our housekeeper Rebecca (both visits) was very helpful and the front desk staff was again very pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JohnS41698
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Many thanks to you and your family for staying with us again and for posting a review. Thank you for recognizing Jose , Rebecca and Mr. Davies and of course Hope. Glad everyone is doing well including Simon and trip was another good one.
Take care
Singapore
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week and found this hotel the most convenient within the Harvard Medical School vicinity. Within 10-15min walking distance to either Longwood or Longwood Medical tram stops. Rooms are adequate but dated, so amenities like hairdryer may not work. Don't bother to opt for hotel breakfast as there's a food court with food like McDonald's, subway, Japanese, Chinese, etc. There's also a pretty large CVS pharmacy below.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Gayle S, General Manager at The Inn at Longwood Medical, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies regarding the hair dryer in your room. Your comments will be shared with our staff. Should you come back to the area please contact me at bstiglets@inatlonwood.com so I may personally assist with your reservation. The staff and I would be grateful for the opportunity to regain your trust.
Toronto
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I visited the Inn on Wednesday June 11, 2014 for a one-night stay. Unfortunately I had forgotten my iPhone power charger and my iPhone was running out of charge. This was going to cause me severe grief.

I asked the man at the front desk...his name is Noah Gopin, if he knew where I could purchase another one. He said that the Inn did not have a compatible charger (and that there were no close local stores to purchase one, but that he would lend me his personal charger. His shift was just about to end and he said that I could keep for the night and return it to the front desk in the morning.

I thought this was extremely nice of Noah and I am sure the Inn would not compel its employees to lend personal property to its guests.

I would like to acknowledge Noah....Thank you very much.

Timothy Farlow
3606 Thorpedale Ct
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada
L5L 3V6
416-272-6092

Of course I did return it

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sir thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are very proud and pleased that Noah was able to assist you. Your comments and review will be shared with all of our staff. Thank you again.
Best Regards
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently we have been taking my son to Boston Children's Hospital and we stayed at the Longwood Inn, from the parking to walking in the door they were amazing! We walked in the door and the staff greeted us with smiles and made us all feel welcome. We are having to travel to Boston again for my sons surgery and they were amazing at meeting our needs during this difficult time for my family. Would highly recommend and they are in a great location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank April M
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the thoughtful review. We hope you son is doing well and look forward to taking care of your family on your next trip.
Best
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have not yet stayed at the Inn at Longwood; however if their facility is like the staff behind their reservation desk then this is an indication of an excellent property. I found myself in a very stressful situation when I came to the reservation desk. My daughter had just been diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer and I needed a block of rooms so we could have chemo at Dana Farber Cancer Center. Jennifer Baker stepped up to help me. This young woman was a life saver. She was patient, kind and respectful even though I didn't have all the dates available she calmed me down checked for availability and told me to call her as soon as we finished with the doctor the next day and we would set up the rooms. Next day I showed up at the desk and she handled everything for me and got all the rooms scheduled then I had to add extra days and she patiently changed the reservations to accommodate me and then printed out all the dates and confirmation numbers and everything I needed to keep it all straight. This young woman is an asset to her employer and an excellent representative of her company's commitment to good customer service. I can't thank you enough, Jennifer
Fran Schindler
Chapel Hill North Carolina

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting a review during a very hectic time for you and your family. Best wishes for your daughter and her health. We are very glad Jennifer was able to take care of your needs and appreciate you recognizing her in your post.
Regards
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed 14 June 2014

An old poorly maintained hotel, with a hostile front desk. Poor quality food in the restaurant. My room was not available at 6.30 PM despite the reservation being made months in advance. Conversely the front desk insisted that I vacate the room at Noon on the day of departure when I requested an extra hour. The faucet in the shower fell off every time it was touched. Basically this is a motel 7 quality hotel that earns its business because of its proximity to the Boston hospitals. The room at $209 per night was highway robbery.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel