“Worth checking out”
Review of Vlora - CLOSED

Vlora
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Clarendon Street
Transit: Vlora Mediterranean Restaurant & Wine Bar is accessible by T. We are located within five minutes walk of both the Green Line (Copley Square and Arlington ) and the Orange Line (Back Bay).
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had dinner outside on the new street side dining area. The downstairs restaurant is beautiful. The hostess was absolutely wonderful, I am sorry that I did not acquire her name. Our server was young and new. Not particularly attentive or informed regarding menu items and frequently disappeared for too long. Having said that however the other staff jumped in and made the experience quite nice. My husband had a Fettuccine con Pollo al Limone and had to ask for pepper flakes and parmesan to kick it up a notch. However I ordered the Spicey Barbecued Salmon and it was perfectly moist and delicious!!! I also thought that the carrots were the best that I have ever eaten in my 56 years. The bread was absolutely delicious! If we are ever in Boston again we will certainly go back.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We had a delicious lunch here. We sat on the patio, it is across from Copley Square, making it a perfect spot to enjoy a nice lunch and people watch. I had the lobster roll and it was delicious. Our server, Mamadu, was very nice and attentive. The restaurant was busy but the pace of the meal was good and we thoroughly enjoyed our lunch. Definitely will be back!!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

On our walks through Boston we were looking for a place with diverse food as our choices are different. And we entered Vlora, greatly located next to Copley Square, vis a vis Trinity Church. Salads, kebabs, pasta, seafood are all great and they are very kids friendly and accommodative. The place is clean and service is very attentive.

1  Thank Aburel
Reviewed 21 August 2013

A friend and I were in Boston for just one night and stumbled upon Vlora. Located at 545 Boylston Street, it's named after the chef and owner Aldo Velaj's hometown in Albania. Dishes also reflect recipes found in Greece and Southern Italy.

I ordered mussels steamed with white wine, shallots, lemon juice, parsley and garlic. Such a simple recipe but when done correctly, simply sublime. Plump, fresh mussels and a gazillion of them. (They could bottle the broth and make $$$$!) My friend had the vegetarian moussaka...a stack of eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, potato, Swiss chard, tomato and chilled garlic yogurt and cucumber sauce.

Chased with martinis, it was perfect and completely unexpected. I definitely want to go back and try the Flaming Saganaki - their special frying cheese flambéed with brandy!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I made a reservation here because as much as I love eating in Boston, I wanted to try a restaurant with a Greek/Armenian attitude. I had a simple but wonderful dinner here--roasted beet salad and grilled octopus. Both were wonderfully prepared and delicious. My only wish was that wines by the glass would have included something more than California Malbecs, Cabs and Pinots. I really wanted something Greek or Armenian. I opted for a table outside since the weather was good. But it struck me that if I were just walking down the street I wouldn't think about eating here, figuring it was just another ordinary restaurant on Boylston. But this place is worth the stop. Good food. Reasonable prices. And, on the terrace, a great place to people-watch in Boston's Back Bay.