“Music? What Music?”
Review of The Beehive

The Beehive
Reserve with OpenTable
The Beehive is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: South End
Cross street: Clarendon
Transit: Back Bay station on the Orange line is 3 blocks from The Beehive on Clarendon Street.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Music? What Music?”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We picked this place because it advertised live music. We were there from 8-10:20 on Saturday and enjoyed food but when asked about music management rudely said everyone knows when the sets are. Sadly these out of towners did not . Ribs were good.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank LuckySpivey

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wayne PA
“Good food but noisy, crowded and a bit dirty”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had two excellent appetizers and sat outside in the street which was a good choice because inside is noisy (loud live music) crowded (the young dating scene) and a bit dirty (the men's room floor needed a good scrubbing)

1 Thank GourmetWaynePA
Greater Boston, Massachusetts
“When it's good, it's good; when it's not so good, they're accommodating!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food is always pretty good. I've never had a substantive complaint. However, recently I ordered a bottle of wine on the Sommelier's recommendation. It was terrible. I don't think there was something wrong with that particular bottle, but it was the worst red blend I've ever had. In all my 45 years, I've never met a mid-range priced bottle I couldn't drink... but this was the first! Without requesting it, they removed the price from my bill but actually offered to let us take it home (it was so bad, I wouldn't even drink it if it was free!)

THAT'S good service. It won't always be perfect... and, when it's not, a good quality place will make it right. Well done, Beehive!

Santiago, Chile
“Fun but food is overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

It has a fun environment with live jazz, but food is nothing worth trying, for me were simple dishes way too spicy and overpriced.
The chef's appetizer special... Just a way spicy middle eastern dish.
I love spicy food, but the appetizer and my main dish were too spicy and really overpriced.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Miyechi
“Delightful entertainment with amazing food”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I saw a photo of the grilled cheese with pulled pork from a friend....and made a point to taste it. It was better than I even expected! I was glutinous and had the fries, which were so unique-the best I've ever had.
It was Cinqo de Mayo, and a enthusiastic mariachi band played. I heard the other live music on the other night was memorable too. The service was super friendly and I would take a day trip to Boston,
just to have that sandwich again.