“Nice place for overnight stay”
Review of Chandler Inn

Chandler Inn
Ranked #72 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed here for one night as a quick city getaway. For $100 a night (winter rate) it's a great place to stay. Nothing fancy but the rooms are clean (but small) and the staff excellent. We like it because of the location. Its just of Tremont street in the South End which is home to a dozen or more great restaurants and bars. You can choose from Sibling Rivalry, Hamersely's, Aquitane,, Stephi's on Tremont, B&G Oyster, 28 Degreeees, Metropolis and may more. We ate at Metropolis which was just Okay, but had brunch at Stephi's which was great. 28 degrees was a "hip" place but expensive: a martini and beer cost us $24 with tip. Copley place is also a short walk away.

If you are from out of town you can take a commuter line (look up schedules under MBTA on web from the west (Needham or Framingham Line). You can get off at back bay station and walk. It's only a few blocks. Just know that trains don't run on Sunday's though. That way you can miss traffic and don't have to worry about parking which is scarce. Also if you have to catch a morning flight, the hotel is just a few minutes from Logan airport. On ramp to 93 north is just a few blocks away and from there its 10 minutes to Logan. Stay here and have a good dinner instead of staying at one of the airport hotels.

Room Tip: On high floor due to noise from Bar in Lobby

Reviewed 14 January 2012

We had a wonderful New Year's weekend at the Chandler Inn...at a fraction of the cost of surrounding hotels. Located within walking distance of downtown Boston, on a relatively quiet street, the Chandler was a lucky find. Our room, though small by some standards, had everything we needed, and was immaculately clean. We try to "be green," so we appreciated the minimalist style of the accommodations, without sacrificing comfort. The bed was super-comfortable and the large flat screen TV was great for catching up on the Bowl Games! The staff was friendly, professional and helpful, helping us find an open store on New Year's Eve when we realized that my husband had forgotten his dress shirt. Highly recommended for a convenient, inexpensive, and minimalist experience.

Room Tip: We prefer using stairs, and had no issues being on one of the lower floors. Did NOT notice A/C in t...
1  Thank CTSansan
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed at the Chandler Inn while in Boston for work. I was looking for a hotel a little off the beaten path...not so corporate...and that's what I got. The hotel is in aresidential area off a tree-lined street full of brownstone walk-ups. I was bit worried about feeling safe in the neighborhood as it is a little off the main drag...but can say that I felt extremely safe throughout my entire stay. I took the T Subway to work each day and had about a 8-9 min walk to get to the Arlington Station. I think if you needed to get to the Back Bay station...its even closer. Check in went pretty smoothly...although my key didn't work the first time and I had to go back downstairs to get it fixed. The attendant on duty was very apologetic and actually came up with me the 2nd time to make sure it worked (which I will admit...slightly freaked me out at first as a female travelling on my own) but he was just being nice and promptly left me to be after we saw the key worked. The room was slightly larger than I assumed it would be...but I'm sure small compared to most hotel rooms. But being in downtown Boston...I wasn't expecting a large room nor needed one. Decor was modern and the room was immaculate...especially the bathroom. The bathroom was definitely a one person room...but again...more than adequate for my needs. As far as noise...the bar next door was a little loud as I was checking in...but once in my room with the window shut...I couldn't hear anything. With the window cracked...just typical city noises. Overall, i've had a pleasant stay. No real bells and whistles, but a cute, clean hotel...a little off the beaten path...but within walking distance of most places you'd want to get to in the city. I'd definitely stay here again. Oh and they have free WiFi which was great.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed for 3 nights over the new year and found the hotel to be very comfortable and in a good location, the only time we took the subway was to the airport as the hotel is about 10 minutes walk from Boston Common. Compared to the price of some of the more central hotels this was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I absolutely loved the chandler inn, I stayed with my partner for 5 nights we had a room on the 8th floor and we couldn't be happier. All the staff we encountered we're fantastic they were more than willing to help us with anything whether it be directions on where to go or what to do around Boston. The room was very nice, flat screen tv with plenty of channels to choose from, comfortable bed and cosy little bathroom. The location of chandler inn was fantastic it was so easy to get around it was a short distance to the train station to catch a short train ride to TD gardens to watch an ice hockey or basketball game. The chandler inn is within Walking distance to the main part of town where you can do the freedom trail and a number of other things. As we were there in winter the old town trolly tour cost us each 36 dollars but we got unlimited use of the trolley for 7 days! And we were able to purchase the tickets for this from the chandler inn which is just so convienient! There is a bar attached to the inn incase you would like to go for a drink which is great and if your feeling a little hungry or thirsty there is a 24 hr 7/11 just around the corner! Also to a lady who worked on reception who recommended Emilio's ( which we were able to get delivered to our room) we loved it and had it twice for dinner! On my next trip to Boston I will be staying at the chandler inn and reccomending it to all my family and friends :D

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Aussie_AAustralia
Reviewed 9 January 2012

It was a great hotel - especially for the price point. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Worst experience I've ever had in a hotel, and their 4 stars on TripAdvisor is completely bogus. Here's why:

1. Totally irritating and long check-in process and smallest lobby ever built
2. Stains on the runner, hair in sheets and the whole bed looked skeevy.
3. Other guests were having all kinds of other issues - malfunctioning room keys, messed-up room booking, long waits, etc.

We decided this wasn't worth the $115 for the night and asked to leave. The one saving grace of the Chandler was that they let us free without charge after we explained our issues.

4  Thank bostontraveler294